RIP John Wright

Threads honoring gaming pioneers that have molded our hobby, and have started their own games in a better place.
Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

RIP John Wright

Post by Go0gleplex »

Per Mona Wright on Facebook (the full notice is on her page) this morning; John (Seskis 281) passed away in the early hours due to a massive blood clot induced heart attack. We've lost a great DM, a great conversationalist on gaming, a great educator and theatrical producer, and an all around paragon of a human being. John was also one of the founding members of the Castles & Crusades Society and managed it for several years in one of its earliest iterations. Let the Realm mourn the passing of its Seneschal. :cry:
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Re: RIP John Wright

Post by Buttmonkey »

John was just great. I feel very lucky to have gotten to know him and play with him at Gary Con over the years. This is a terrible loss.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Post by cuchulainkevin »

Very sad news.
Ah room zoom zoom, ah room zoom zoom. gilly gilly gilly gilly, gilly ah sa sa. Come through the magic door with me and see the things you never dreamed you'll see.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Clang...

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007