Ultimate Guardians - A BASH! Campaign

TLG d20, Necromancer Games and general. Discuss any game not covered in another forum.
AslanC
Ulthal

Ultimate Guardians - A BASH! Campaign

Post by AslanC »

Since the BASH! forums are night dead I am going to post this hear for the few of us who are into BASH!.

I am starting a new campaign at the end of January and I call it "Ultimate Guardians" since my first ever campaign way back in the 80s' was "The Guardians" and I want to sort of give the universe a redux.

I am putting the pieces together right now, sort of figuring out everything I want to do with the game and hashing out with the seven (7) players I am going to have in the end!

Gonna be a large group to say the least!

Watch this thread for more details as they come.

For now though, here is my old standby, Lady America!
LADY AMERICA
Amanda Reese

Power Level: 32pts
Stats
Brawn: 2
Agility: 4
Mind: 2
Powers

Attack Weak Point

Disarm Expert

Fleet of Foot

Keen Senses

Martial Arts 3

Mind Spikes 5

Swift Strike
Skills - Physical

Athletics Acrobatics

Drive Steering

Pilot Control

Stealth Evading Security
Skills Mental

Military Command

Security - Surveillance
Advantages

Leadership

Never Surrender

Quick Thinking

Security Clearance
Disadvantages

Duty*

Nightmares**

Rogues Gallery

Secret
Mental Malfunction

Super Patriot
Background

Lady America has been the primary superpatriot of the USA since 1942, though she actually was acitvated in 1941, 1 day after the attack on Pearl Harbour.

Given her powers by Project Liberty, under the watchful eye of Doc Titan, she was part of America's overseas special mission for the Liberty Brigade.

After the war she was the only member, other than Doc Titan who was never allowed overseas, to survive.

Thanks to the Infinity Serum that courses through her veins she ages only about 1 year for every 10 she lives.

She currently is associated with no superteam but does work as a special agent for EAGLE (Extended American Goverment Law Enforcement) and she carries the rank of Major with the United States Air Force.

*Duty - New Disadvantage; You work for or are beholden to some group or organization that can call upon you to perform tasks or such, thereby interfering with your life and your heroing.

**Nightmares - New Disadvantage; You suffer from nightly nightmares due to something in your past, outside forces, premonitions (work it out with your Narrator). As such each morning you must make a difficulty 20 Mind check or suffer 1d6 Setbacks for that day.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Visit the new BASH Forums!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

CharlieRock

Post by CharlieRock »

Cool! I'm still waiting for my book to get started but please post all your good ideas here so I can swipe them.
j/k?

Know your roll!

BASH MAN

Post by BASH MAN »

What I don't get is how lady America's "evil clone" w/ B4 A2 was able to take her place for several years- didn't people notice that she was now bulletproof but no longer superhumanly agile?

Check us out for free demos and downloads or visit us onFacebook.

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

Sounds like fun, keep us informed on how it goes.
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

AslanC
Ulthal

Post by AslanC »

I can't tell you that Bash cause one of my players is here on the forums
Trust me though, it is all very cool

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

AslanC wrote:
I can't tell you that Bash cause one of my players is here on the forums
Trust me though, it is all very cool

Quit yer whining!
It's not my fault that I'm a regular here.

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

AslanC
Ulthal

Post by AslanC »

Oh wouldn't you like to know the secrets of Earth Alpha! Well it's not going to happen Mister Man!
Hell I am still waiting on your 3 character ideas chuckles

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

CharlieRock

Post by CharlieRock »

BASH MAN wrote:
What I don't get is how lady America's "evil clone" w/ B4 A2 was able to take her place for several years- didn't people notice that she was now bulletproof but no longer superhumanly agile?

Evil clone?

Know your roll!

AslanC
Ulthal

Post by AslanC »

According to the EAGLE file on this one, the Citadel (or VENOM depending on whose files you read) captured and cloned Lady America and gave her different powers. They then sent her out to pretend to be the actual Lady America. A ruse that lasted from 1981 to late 1983. In late 83 the real Lady America escaped capture and confronted her doppelganger, who had gone crazy and was attacking the Project Liberty HQ. The battle was brilliant and brutal, but ended with the real Lady America holding her dieing clone in her arms. The clone's last words were "Why?.

Now as for how this happened and no one said anything, Lady America (evil clone) herself held a press conference claiming that due to the Infinity Serum in her genetic make up and constant exposure to strange energies, she had mutated and developed these powers.

The odd part is Doc Titan, the man who gave her the serum back in 1941, confirmed what she said.

You guys should really follow my blog
Now obviously there is more to this story, but since Pat plays in the game, and my other players read the blog, I have to keep it secret hush-hush

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

AslanC
Ulthal

Post by AslanC »

"EVIL CLONE" LADY AMERICA
Amanda Reese

31pts (16 Stats/15 Powers)
Stats
Brawn: 4
Agility: 2
Powers

Armour 2 (x5 Soak)

Eye Beams: Special Attack: 4 (+2DM/Mid Range)

Flight 4

Mind Spikes 5
Skills - Physical

Athletics Aerobatics

Drive Steering

Pilot Control

Stealth Evading Security
Skills - Mental

Military Command

Security - Surveillance
Advantages

Leadership

Never Surrender

Quick Thinking

Security Clearance
Disadvantages

Duty*

Nightmares**

Rogues Gallery

Secret
Mental Malfunction

Super Patriot

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

BASH MAN

Post by BASH MAN »

Hello Nurse!

AslanC
Ulthal

Post by AslanC »

GYRO
Richard Wilkerson

36pts (Stats 16/Powers 22/Weakness -2)
Stats
Weakness

Damaging Weakness: Sonics
Skills

Athletics: Aerobatics

Pilot: Tricks/Evasion/Control

Investigation: Gut
Powers

Boost: Mind 2 (For Energy Blast) 2pts

Energy Blast: Special Attack 5 [Enhancement: Variable] 6pts

- Standard Blast: Mid Range, +1 Hit, +2 Dm

- Short Blast: Close Range +1 Hit +3 Dm

- Long Blast: Long Range, +1 Hit, +1 Dm

- Wide Angle: Close Range, Small Burst, +3 Dm

- Dodge This: +5 Hit

- Haymaker: +5 Dm

- Spin-Blast: Medium Burst, +3 Dm

Flight 5 [Enhancements: Space] 4pts

Immunity 4 [Suffocation, Vacuum, Temperatures, Radiation]/ Personal Force Field: Armour 3 [Enhancement: Linked] 6pts

Super Speed 5 [Limitations: Flying movement only] 4pts
Advantages

Appeal
Disadvantages

Social Stigma: Mocked
Mental Malfunction

To prove himself
Background

Richard Wilkerson was born the son of Nathanial Wilkerson III, owner and head of Avitech, a large military contractor to the US. Raised around aviation it was only natural that Richard would become a pilot. Flying for the USAF, Richard was on a routine mission chasing a stray MiG back across the Bering Strait when something he could never have imagined happened.

A UFO came onto the radar and bathed both Richard?s F-15 Eagle and the Russian?s MiG in a strange golden glow. According to Air Force documents and statements, both jets dropped off radar over the Bering Strait. 2nd Lieutenant Richard Wilkerson was first listed as MIA and then 48 hours later as KIA.

Six months later, a crab boat off the coast got the surprise of their lifetimes when they pulled a blonde, alive man in with their nets. His Air Force Dog Tags still on, they radioed to shore and were met there by a military detachment

It is unknown what happened in the debriefing, but this much is know. Wilkerson was discharged after an Air Force Lawyer named Karen Winston brought the his story to the media. The Air Force discharged her as well. Wilkerson moved in with her in Seattle for a time, where he began complaining of migraines. Then one night he began glowing with a tremendous golden energy and flew out of their penthouse, not stopping until he reached Japan.

Over a short period of time he came to learn that somehow he had developed tremendous powers. He went to his father immediately, explaining the situation. His father promised to help, but instead called the USAF and offered to hand over his son to them. EAGLE intercepted that call and stepped in.

Richard was given the choice of joining up with EAGLE or returning to the Air Force. He chose EAGLE and very soon found himself with a costume, a code name and a position on Team Justice. Now called Gyro he was suddenly a member of the premiere American super-hero team. To say he fit in would be a lie.

It didn?t take long for Gyro to get kicked out of Team Justice for undisclosed reasons, though rumours say it involved the villainess Trixie of Ravage V. EAGLE then convinced Guardsman to make him a member of the Golden Guardsmen, which turned out to be the best thing for Gyro.

He respected Guardsman and looked to him as the father he wished he had. He learned to control his powers and his hot headedness under Guardsman?s careful tutelage and watchful eye. Eventually though this too would end for Gyro.

With the details having made all the gossip rags at the time, we will just sum it up by saying his romantic dalliance with Guardsman?s girlfriend at the time Sparrow Hawk, lead to both Gyro and her being removed from the Golden Guardsmen. In a morbid turn of fortune, this occurred one week before the team was devastated by the Axis of Evil and Guardsman was killed.

Now without a team and cut loose by EAGLE, Gyro has taken up residence in New York City and hopes to prove that there is a hero inside him, the hero that Guardsman told him he could be. If only he could make everyone else see that.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

BASH MAN

Post by BASH MAN »

Very cool- but one thing- you can only get 1pt of discount on cost from Limitations on powers. So Super Speed would be 4pts, not 3pts. Just do it Super Speed 5 [Limitation: Movement Only] 4pts.

AslanC
Ulthal

Post by AslanC »

BASH MAN wrote:
Very cool- but one thing- you can only get 1pt of discount on cost from Limitations on powers. So Super Speed would be 4pts, not 3pts. Just do it Super Speed 5 [Limitation: Movement Only] 4pts.

D'oh!

Thanks, I will note that.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

CharlieRock

Post by CharlieRock »

Who's doing your art?

Know your roll!

AslanC
Ulthal

Post by AslanC »

Bruce Timm owes me for that time I saved his butt outside Denang
Just kidding.

I use an older verison of Fabrica de Heroes, sort of a Timm style Hero Machine.

It has been taken down but you can find a rar of the flash files on Rapidshare.

Just Google it
After I make one, I head into Photoshop for touch ups

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

AslanC
Ulthal

Post by AslanC »

GUARDSMAN
Nathan Prince

36pts (Stats 20pts/Powers 20pts/Weakness -4)
Stats
Brawn: 4
Weakness

Devastating Weakness: Argonite (Negating/x3 Damage) (-4pts)
Skills

Acrobatics: Throwing/Running/Climbing/Jumping

Military: Command/Tactics
Powers

Ability Boost: Brawn (Uppercut Punch!) 3

Armour 3

Attack Weak Point

Eye Beams: Special Attack: 5 (2 Range/+3DM)

Fleet of Foot

Flight 5

Martial Arts: Tough Style
Advantages

Leadership

Never Surrender

Security Clearance
Disadvantages

Arch-Enemy

Public ID

Rogues Gallery
Mental Malfunction

Square jawed hero.
Background

Guardsman started out as a hero in the Golden Age. A bit late to the show, he only appeared on the scene in 1944, but his arrival was a giant impact on the day.

He claimed to have been given his powers from a magical helmet he had found, but more than once he had the helmet knocked off his head and never seemed to depower.

Never a member of the wartime super teams, he did work with plenty of them throughout the Golden Age and seemed to attract the attention of German super die bermensch in a big way. The two had epic battles, the last being over Berlin as the Allies closed in.

Returning home he agreed to President Truman's request that he form up a national team for the protection of America. He called that team the Golden Guardsmen, after himself of course.

According to all other heroes who knew him, the one thing greater than his power was his ego. Still his impressive nature and awesome powers served him well and he became the gold standard for superheroes for the next three decades.

In 1983, while still leading the Golden Guardsmen, Guardsman was killed in battle by die bermensch and his team of anti-American villains, the Axis of Evil. It was a tremendous loss for a nation and the world.

His funeral was broadcast around the world and was attended by many leaders of the free world and a who's who of the heroes of the world. Even Soviet hero Red Guard issued a statement praising the heroics of Guardsman, and of course condemning his capitalist politics.

To say the world is lost without their premiere hero is an understatement. The Golden Guardsmen, all lost save one in the attack, are no more and Team Justice does what it can to hold the line, but Guardsman's absence has left a large void to fill.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

AslanC
Ulthal

Post by AslanC »

Post removed by author

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

AslanC
Ulthal

Post by AslanC »

AQUA

Unrevealed

38pts (10pts Stats/30pts Powers /-2 Points Weakness)

Stats

Brawn: 1

Agility: 2

Weakness

Damaging Weakness: Heat/Fire Based

Skills

Science: Marine Biology/Oceanorgraphy

Athletics: Swimming

Perform: Dance

Powers

Armour 2 2pts

Boost: Brawn 3 (Swimming only) 3pts

Flow: Super Jumping 2pts

Ghost Form 2 (liquid) 2pts

Immunity: Drowning 1pt

Immunity: Cold 1pt

Super Swimming 5 (24 Squares) 5pts

Telepathy [Limitation: only with sea creatures] 2pts

Water Blast: Special Attack 4 (Range 5sq/+3DM)

Water Jets: Push 5 (Range 5sq, Small Burst, x14 Knock Back) 5pts

Advantages

Appeal

Versatile

Disadvantages

Freak

Public ID

Mental Malfunction

Save the whales

Background

None yet as this is a PC in the game. The player and I haven't worked out the background just yet.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

AslanC
Ulthal

Post by AslanC »

MAX PLASTIC
Max Drassner

30pts (12 stats/20prs/-2 Weakness)
Stats
Agility: 3
Mind: 1
Weakness

Damaging Weakness: Sharp weapons, like knives, swords, axes, etc.
Skills

Athletics: Acrobatics

Escapology: Contortion

Perform: Comedy

Deception: Disguise
Powers

Body Altering Multi-power 6pts

- Stretching 5 (10 square reach)

- Mimic 3

Movement Multi-power 5pts

- Bouncing: Super Jump 2(40 squares)

- Rebound: Super Speed 3 [Limitation: Movement Only]

- Human Parachute: Glide 1 [Enhancement: Usable on Others]

- Swinging 2 (12 squares)

Combat Multi-power 5pts

- Body Weaponry: Special Attack 4 (+4DM (x6 Dmg)

- Constriction: Immobilize (Brawn 20) [Enhancement: Linked to Continual Damage x2, Limitation: cannot do anything else while constricting]

Ooze: Ghost Form 1 (Semi-Solid) 1pt

Durability: Armor 3 (x5 Soak) 3pts
Advantages

Dumb Luck

Versatile
Disadvantages

Arch Enemy: Mayhem Inc.

Public ID
Mental Malfunction

Needs to be centre of attention
Background

Max Drassner was a failed stand-up comedian who owed some money on gambling debts, actually A LOT of money and when he couldn't pay, the Big Boss decided to test out a government compound that had "fallen off the back of a truck".

The compound was an experimental drug that the government hoped to use to allow soldiers to become bullet proof. It converted Max's body to a living polymer not unlike plastic. It gave him the desired bullet proofness, but it also allowed him to stretch his body like an elastic and change his shape (but not his colour) to almost anything he could imagine.

At first Max used his powers to steal and gather wealth, but his heart just wasn't in it. One day he found himself as a member of the villain team Mayhem Inc. In a battle with the Golden Guardsmen, Max had a change of heart and betrayed his enemies and freed the heroes.

Guardsman himself spoke at Maxs trial and it is strongly believed that due to that Max only got 5 years. Now out, having served his time, Max planned to take Guardsman up on his offer to join the Golden Guardsmen, but alas they were all but destroyed by the Axis of Evil and Guardsman killed.

With no team to join and no money of his own, Max is in a very dangerous place right now. Will he find his heroic spot or will he slip back into a life of crime?

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

BASH MAN

Post by BASH MAN »

Very cool stuff, keep it coming! I wonder, though- how can AQUA swim as fast as she does with a Brawn of only 1?

Super Swimming increases Swim speed by 1+#pts in super swimming x Brawn. So if someone has 5pts in it, and a Brawn of 1, that's a swim speed of only 6 squares. Still incredibly fast (60mph) though!

AslanC
Ulthal

Post by AslanC »

BASH MAN wrote:
Very cool stuff, keep it coming! I wonder, though- how can AQUA swim as fast as she does with a Brawn of only 1?

Super Swimming increases Swim speed by 1+#pts in super swimming x Brawn. So if someone has 5pts in it, and a Brawn of 1, that's a swim speed of only 6 squares. Still incredibly fast (60mph) though!

My bad.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

BASH MAN

Post by BASH MAN »

Hey- when does the campaign start? I'm interested to hear how it goes!

AslanC
Ulthal

Post by AslanC »

It starts later this month. I'll keep you posted.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

AslanC
Ulthal

Post by AslanC »

Well we started last night in a rather impromptu session.

A first glance the game went well but this game desperately needs a GM's screen. Too many tthings to deal with on the fly though I assume it will get easier as I get more comfortable with the system.

The characters were as follows;

Dragonfly - Classic shrinker with flight and a regular bio blast/sting and a Daze blast that we found a bit confusing.

Zero-G - Gravity powers, actually played really easy.

Galvanos - Remote controlled Japanese 10 foot tall robot piloted by a kid in a wheelchair.

Dr. Tripps - A Tom Bakeresque mentalist who did a lot of mind altering substances in the 60s. This player might make a different character to replace this one.

Doctor Diamond (The Disco Dictator) - A former evil mastermind villain who just finished a 10 year prison stay who has decided to use his intellect to be a hero instead. His trappings/gadgets are all disco themed (he got sent to jail not for his schemes but because he got set up by Bowie in 1974 in a coke sting at Studio54). Used to have a group of henchmen called "the Diamond Dogs".

Doctor Diamond was the runaway smash hit of the night keeping us in stitches with his evil mastermind comments. Sheer brilliance
The session was them trying out for the opening on Team Justice and not getting picked. After they went for a drink and were together when a giant 200' tall dionsaur/monster attacked the city. They defeated it revealing that it was actually a robot. Flying in via his private helicoptor to thank them for saving the city and his building was industrialist/super rich guy Garth Sterling. He flew them all to Mikinos (Greece) for a meal and offered to fund them as a super team. They agreed and that was the end of a rather catch-as-catch-can session.

I made tons of rules errors but overall we had fun

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

BASH MAN

Post by BASH MAN »

Very cool so far- and I will be working on that narrator's screen!

Btw- what is the confusion about the Daze power?

CharlieRock

Post by CharlieRock »

AslanC wrote:
Bruce Timm owes me for that time I saved his butt outside Denang
Just kidding.

I use an older verison of Fabrica de Heroes, sort of a Timm style Hero Machine.

It has been taken down but you can find a rar of the flash files on Rapidshare.

Just Google it
After I make one, I head into Photoshop for touch ups

I found Fabrica de Heroes and this site here:
http://www.ugo.com/channels/comics/hero ... chine2.asp

It is about the same thing , but Fabrica went to all faceing straight forward arms akimbo poses. And Hero Machine has a more angled front look. So, whichever you like better. I use HeroMachine2 now, but had a lot of fun trying out different guys with Fabrica, too.

Know your roll!

AslanC
Ulthal

Post by AslanC »

BASH MAN wrote:
Very cool so far- and I will be working on that narrator's screen!

Btw- what is the confusion about the Daze power?

No no we were able to figure it out after a few readings. No worries there.

Yes a Narrator's screen would a blessing!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

AslanC
Ulthal

Post by AslanC »

CharlieRock wrote:
I found Fabrica de Heroes and this site here:
http://www.ugo.com/channels/comics/hero ... chine2.asp

It is about the same thing , but Fabrica went to all faceing straight forward arms akimbo poses. And Hero Machine has a more angled front look. So, whichever you like better. I use HeroMachine2 now, but had a lot of fun trying out different guys with Fabrica, too.
http://caradeedu.vilabol.uol.com.br/ant ... ica_x.html

Old Timm style Fabrica

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

CharlieRock

Post by CharlieRock »

AslanC wrote:
http://caradeedu.vilabol.uol.com.br/ant ... ica_x.html

Old Timm style Fabrica

Oh, well lookit that!
Between the two of these sites you can spend (waste ?) a lot of time just doodling.
Luvit!

Know your roll!