[Basic Action Games] BASH! Ultimate Edition coming in Fall!

TLG d20, Necromancer Games and general. Discuss any game not covered in another forum.
BASH MAN
Red Cap

[Basic Action Games] BASH! Ultimate Edition coming in Fall!

Post by BASH MAN »

I posted this on rpg.net, but realized that I should let people here know as well. Some of you may know me from my older handle on these boards "epochrpg" or by my real name Chris Rutkowsky, from C&C work I have done for Goodman Games. If you are interested in superheroes, you may be interested:
Basic Action Games is pleased to announce that Basic Action Super Heroes! Ultimate Edition is coming this Fall. BASH! has undergone some changes over the years, with updates in Megapolis and BAM! and we have incorporated many of these into a single rules set. In addition to an expanded, revised version of the game, you will also find:

Less record-keeping, more Awesome. Energy is no longer the "default" rule for handling powers-- so you have less to keep track of during play. Hero dice, Hero points, and team-work maneuvers are now a part of the core system, so you can really bring it to the bad-guys!

Easier to read layout, better explained rules, including many examples.

Character Archetypes: Writeups of various iconic super hero & villain archetypes such as the Brick, Martial Artist, and Blaster. These templates can be easily tweaked to quickly have a custom character!

Hordes of Minions! Fleets of Vehicles! Random Encounters!

Eras & Subgenres: One of the things BASH! Fantasy & Sci-Fi editions did was extensive work on the subgenres of Fantasy and Sci-Fi, such as Steam-Punk or Space Pulp. BASH! Ultimate Edition will do the same thing for Superheroes, enabling you to run a game with the theme & tone of the Gold, Silver, Bronze, or Iron Ages. There are also sections on Science Fiction, Fantasy, as well as Cosmic Superheroes.

Alternative Mechanics: Not everyone likes to multiply. Not to worry, alternate mechanics are included in the appendix.

To those interested, we begin taking pre-orders in August!

Here is a mockup of the cover so far (click the thumbnail to see it bigger):

Check us out for free demos and downloads or visit us onFacebook.

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Looks good! Thanks for posting this...

I'll have to check it out.

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

MattyHelms
Ungern

Post by MattyHelms »

Sweet - I just came across my copies of BASH and BASH Fantasy and am looking forward to this.

Are you willing to share any hints as to what has replaced Energy for powers?

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

BASH is a nice, easy to play game, with quite a lot of wiggle room. Played some, but none of the newer stuff (haven't had time), but the original pre-published stuff was cool.

BASH MAN
Red Cap

Post by BASH MAN »

MattyHelms wrote:
Sweet - I just came across my copies of BASH and BASH Fantasy and am looking forward to this.

Are you willing to share any hints as to what has replaced Energy for powers?

Sure- there are several alternatives. Instead you put a Limitation on your power that makes it so you cannot use it as often. One of those, happens to be Energy Cost (thus making Energy an option for those who like it).

Others include: Tiring (you cannot use it more than 2 pages in a row without "pushing yourself"), Fading (the power starts at full strength, but each time you use it, it gets weaker), Charges (it has a specific # of uses), Finite (roll dice to see if you can keep using the power or not), Burn-Out (like finite, but is per scene instead of per issue). There are also a few more, but you get the idea.

Limitations can be a fun way to customize a power and add some drama too. Like how Kitty Pryde has to hold her breath to use Ghost Form (Tiring) while Spider-Man's web-shooters might run out of web fluid (Finite).

BASH MAN
Red Cap

Post by BASH MAN »

serleran wrote:
BASH is a nice, easy to play game, with quite a lot of wiggle room. Played some, but none of the newer stuff (haven't had time), but the original pre-published stuff was cool.

You might like some of the improvements to make it even easier:

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Excellent Chris!

Looking forward to seeing the final product.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

BASH MAN
Red Cap

Post by BASH MAN »

The Dice Roll Chart has been updated for Basic Action Super Heroes. Here is what it will look like on the back cover to the Ultimate Edition. Click the thumbnail below to see the full size version.

BASH MAN
Red Cap

Post by BASH MAN »

Just letting you know, the cover image has been updated. Here is a more current mockup (also editing the first post to show this):