Triple Ace Games, Hellfrost ???

TLG d20, Necromancer Games and general. Discuss any game not covered in another forum.
Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Triple Ace Games, Hellfrost ???

Post by Lurker »

I just saw the Bundle of Holding offer on the Hellfrost setting

It looked interesting. However ... before I think about buying it, is it worth it ?

Also, I don't have the SW basic rules, so would only be using it as idea fodder or a campaign setting (if my girls get big enough to play C&C instead of Harvesters & are still interested in gaming)
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Triple Ace Games, Hellfrost ???

Post by Treebore »

Yeah, its worth it, especially if your looking for an entirely new setting. Even so, the 5 cities are usable in pretty much any setting. Plus, its Savage Worlds, a system i like. Even if you don't expect to ever play using those rules, the setting material, history, etc... can be modified to fit any setting. So at this price, yeah, get it. If you want, I can link you to my Hellfrost PDF's I have in my G Drive so you can actually look through them before buying. Which are the PDF's from the "revived" bundle. I didn't get the new one, because I have the Atlas in print, and I am trying to stick to my not buying any more RPG materials promise to myself.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

BTW, the Savage Worlds Deluxe rule book PDF is only $10, and just a few days ago I noticed the print version was on Amazon for under $20.

https://www.peginc.com/store/savage-wor ... arter-kit/
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Looks like they are back to only having the soft cover at a good price, under $9. I have the HC.

https://smile.amazon.com/Savage-Worlds- ... 7s+edition

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Oh, another reason I am not getting the new bundle, I already have the 5 city books in print and PDF. I backed the KS for them! Their folder is also in the link I PMed you.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Thanks. I'll have to give it a look
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society