Star Wars D6 3E (Fan Made)

TLG d20, Necromancer Games and general. Discuss any game not covered in another forum.
Treebore
Mogrl

Star Wars D6 3E (Fan Made)

Post by Treebore »

http://www.highlevelgames.ca/blog/5-awe ... rd-edition

Impressive. Most impressive.

I link to the blog that made me aware of it because they give a bit of a review about it based upon their actual play experiences with this.

The DL site he chose is a bit on the sucky side, though.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Star Wars D6 3E (Fan Made)

Post by Traveller »

EDIT: This appears to be different from "REUP" that I mention below. As mentioned, I have copies of REUP, and honestly think REUP is too big at 560+ pages. Apparently REUP includes every rule from every D6 Star Wars book, which explains why it's so friggin' huge. Hopefully this particular PDF is more approachable.

I have the PDFs of it, and it's ginormous. It's as large as the Traveller 5 book, but it not only has an index, it also has discrete chapters, headings, and even color. It's actually playable.

Do a search for "Star Wars d6 REUP" on Google, and you'll find a lot more discussion and much better links.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Yeah, I think this PDF was around 146 pages.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Plus I have the REUP version. According to the file date I DLed it in December of 2014.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Tree, thanks for sharing

I have the REUP , I know we've talked about it before, & I may have pointed you to the REUP rules , but can't remember the date.

I did like the REUP when I read through it, but I never got to play it. However, I'll admit I didn't read the whole thing, just the areas I would have normally used or been in as a player. Things like big scale ship to ship combat etc etc etc aren't what I'd ever use or play. I know others would use them, just not me.
Now, I haven't read this new version, but I do agree the download site does suck ... Oh well, can't judge a book by the library that it is kept in ...

Hmmm ... I may have to go back to the old d SW / Rancor pit forum and see what they are saying about it there ...
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

REUP is 506 pages, where as this one is under 200, so obviously different goals as far as the rules and purpose of the content goes. Like Trav indicated, they were looking to cover all of the 2E rules, plus give optional rules, as well as update it to the most current canon. So a huge PDF for a huge body of works to cover makes sense.

The one above is more about presenting a basic set of rules and info for a given group to expand on as they see fit.

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

I looked over the 3e version. It will do, certainly. That said, I like the comprehensiveness of the REUP, which I printed out after the revision. I'm happy with it. It is big, though, you all are correct!
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Darn you tree ... I enjoy your A&8 & Rigon's game, I want to play your victorious, I want to play Rigon's victorious star wars, I want to play SW d6, I want to try Ghastly Affair ... You keep tempting me to spend more and more time gaming.
Why can't I retire or just quit work, so I have more time to do all the fun things I want to do in life ... ;)
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Lurker wrote:Darn you tree ... I enjoy your A&8 & Rigon's game, I want to play your victorious, I want to play Rigon's victorious star wars, I want to play SW d6, I want to try Ghastly Affair ... You keep tempting me to spend more and more time gaming.
Why can't I retire or just quit work, so I have more time to do all the fun things I want to do in life ... ;)
Not having kids you have to have your life revolve around helps. After that it all comes down to scheduling, and a wife who lets me game instead of trying to limit my fun time for whatever reasons they think justify doing so.

Gringnr
Ulthal

Post by Gringnr »

Been wanting to introduce my nephews to D6 Star Wars. Probably gonna use the beginner set, but I'll dl this to peep it anyway. Thanks for sharing!
It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes.