Frostgrave by Osprey

TLG d20, Necromancer Games and general. Discuss any game not covered in another forum.
TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Frostgrave by Osprey

Post by TheMetal1 »

Picked this up about a week ago at my FLGS. Seems I'm on a big miniatures kick these days. Still getting my C&C game in though!

Anyway, just finished up reading through the book. The gist is you take on a warband (max 11 including your wizard and apprentice) led by a wizard of a particular school. You delve into a frozen city that was recently uncovered after a millennium or more of being hidden under ice after some sort of magical destruction. You raid the place looking for loot and spells. Think Mordheim: City of the Damned, but in the cold. Pretty cool system and I"m looking forward to trying it out.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: Frostgrave by Osprey

Post by Tadhg »

TheMetal1 wrote:You delve into a frozen city that was recently uncovered after a millennium or more of being hidden under ice after some sort of magical destruction. You raid the place looking for loot and spells.
Very cool, I like it!

:)
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Willy Rat
Ungern

Re: Frostgrave by Osprey

Post by Willy Rat »

Me too! I'd been hearing a lot of buzz about it on the miniature gaming pages.
Then I saw a copy sitting on a shelf at a local bookstore. :shock: I couldn't resist.

We've got plenty of figures floating about to make up warbands and some terrain too.
We can get into the specialty winter terrain and wizards/apprentice figs later.

I will report back when we finally run a game.
Willy Rat from the frozen wastes of central Canada