The Other Games Forum

TLG d20, Necromancer Games and general. Discuss any game not covered in another forum.
alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

The Other Games Forum

Post by alcyone »

Sometimes, I feel guilty talking about the Other Games I like on the forums that TLG kindly host. After reflecting on this a bit, I have decided that this is actually one of the best things about this forum.

I can't think of very many forums (though there are some) run by a game publisher that encourage discussion of competitors games. If I find a game I'd really like to play, and there is no place to talk about it, I'll bring it up here. Usually I try to find an official forum first, but these days many are G+ or Facebook or something else I don't use, or just a one-sided blog. Places like Dragonsfoot, OSRGaming.org, and Odd74 are all good for certain kinds of games, but the community I am most familiar with and game with online are all here. Many C&C players, particularly those who don't only play C&C, are curious about the same sorts of games I am.

I decided there's no reason to feel guilty. If people who are playing other games are coming to TLG's forums, that's definitely a win. The scenario where someone starts playing a new game and leaves forever is far worse.

So, it's not for me to say, but I think, if you came here to talk about C&C, and decided you liked (for example) Legend more, stick around and talk about Legend (in the proper subforum.) Rather have you here where we can keep you in the loop about C&C and talk about gaming in general then have you scurry off to Mongoose and lose you.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Breakdaddy
Greater Lore Drake

Re: The Other Games Forum

Post by Breakdaddy »

You've got the right of it, Aergraith. Talking about other offerings in our hobby is encouraged in this subforum so no need to hold back. I love many games alongside C&C. My faves are C&C, OD&D (1974), and Warhammer FRP 2nd edition in the Fantasy Genre and I will play any of these anytime Ive got others to throw some dice with.
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Yep, I think you know I actually like a lot of RPG's, and own a LOT of them, and play them whenever I can. I'm not concerned that I will ever leave C&C, its the first game I have ever found that is darn near perfect for me to use, and I have plenty of people face to face and on line to play it with, but its also nice to be able to come here and see and talk about RPG's outside of C&C, thats for sure. Like I am currently running two Traveller games and playing in an Aces and Eights game, as well as another C&C game, in addition to running mine on either weekly or mostly bi weekly, alternating, schedules. So I am very happy with my RPG life right now.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

kreider204
Unkbartig

Post by kreider204 »

I like talking about other games here precisely because it's the C&C / TLG forum, and I know I can count on more or less like-minded people to give me solid reviews, impressions, and opinions about other games that I might like.

AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Post by AGNKim »

Breakdaddy wrote:You've got the right of it, Aergraith. Talking about other offerings in our hobby is encouraged in this subforum so no need to hold back. I love many games alongside C&C. My faves are C&C, OD&D (1974), and Warhammer FRP 2nd edition in the Fantasy Genre and I will play any of these anytime Ive got others to throw some dice with.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Don't the ones with the guns kill the ones with the swords pretty quickly? Or are the guns not very good, or is everyone bulletproof, or...?
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I'm sure I have talked about Savage Worlds (and some of Pinnacle Entertainment's other related properties) at least once. ;)

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

tylermo wrote:I'm sure I have talked about Savage Worlds (and some of Pinnacle Entertainment's other related properties) at least once. ;)

My HC copies of the Sci Fi and Supers Companions just arrived yesterday.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I think mine arrived Wednesday or Thursday. :)

Breakdaddy
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Breakdaddy »

AGNKim wrote:
Breakdaddy wrote:You've got the right of it, Aergraith. Talking about other offerings in our hobby is encouraged in this subforum so no need to hold back. I love many games alongside C&C. My faves are C&C, OD&D (1974), and Warhammer FRP 2nd edition in the Fantasy Genre and I will play any of these anytime Ive got others to throw some dice with.
Outside the fantasy genre that one is my favorite, fa sho.
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Breakdaddy wrote:
AGNKim wrote:
Outside the fantasy genre that one is my favorite, fa sho.

What game is it?

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Dark Heresy. A RPG based upon the Warhammer 40,000 setting.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Breakdaddy
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Breakdaddy »

Omote wrote:Dark Heresy. A RPG based upon the Warhammer 40,000 setting.

~O
And also bayud ayuss!
-Genghis Khan

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Truth. Dark Heresy is about everything I want in a dark, gothic sci-fi RPG. A pretty decent system, and filled with BUCKET LOADS of gothic badassery.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!

AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Post by AGNKim »

Dark Heresy and C&C are my favorite RPGs. Being different genres, I can play both and not get confused. Because I get confused pretty easily.

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

+1 to Dark Heresy.

Any of you going to Jump to Dark Heresy 2nd Edition?

AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Post by AGNKim »

TheMetal1 wrote:+1 to Dark Heresy.

Any of you going to Jump to Dark Heresy 2nd Edition?
Team First Edition Fer Lyfe

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I'm not sure I'm the target demographic for a 2nd edition of Dark Heresy.

~O
VAE VICTUS!