Lost City of Barakus (revised and expanded)

TLG d20, Necromancer Games and general. Discuss any game not covered in another forum.
Omote
Battle Stag

Lost City of Barakus (revised and expanded)

Post by Omote »

There is a new Kickstarter for Frog God Games' Lost City of Barakus here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fr ... s?ref=live

This is one of Necromancer Games best, big-book, super modules. Now in Frog God Games hands, Lost City of Barakus is going to be better than ever. FGG has really released some damn good stuff over the past few years.

Available in Swords & Wizardry Complete and Pathfinder formats.

They made their goal in less than 24 hours!

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

NJPDX
Hlobane Orc

Re: Lost City of Barakus (revised and expanded)

Post by NJPDX »

My poor wallet ... oh well, what the hell! you only live once I guess.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

In at the $75, and that is despite still having two copies of the original!
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Funded and two more adventure/encounters unlocked!
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

FGG released to backers of this project the .PDF copies of Lost City of Barakus and the Player's Guide to Barakus. Wow! Yes, it is much like the original, but this new version is greatly expanded and includes many more details. Lost City of Barakus is not just a sprawling city/dungeon/wilderness adventure (2nd - 6th level), it's clearly a mini-campaign setting that can be used in FGG's Lost Lands campaign, or dropped into an existing one quite easily. Available in Swords & Wizardry or Pathfinder flavors.

If you didn't back this project, I highly suggest picking up a copy of the .pdf at http://www.froggodgames.com or waiting for the print version to be released. Though I'm only about 45 pages through reading it, it might just be a TOP-10 fantasy RPG accessory of all time. It's that damn good and definitely one of my favs of all time!

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

DMSamuel
Red Cap

Post by DMSamuel »

I, too, received the pdf of this (after having backed the KS) and it looks very very good! I haven't gotten as far in as you, but it is impressive so far.
~DMSamuel
---
Actual Play Podcast (5e): D&DeBrief

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Yeah, I kickstarted too. I skimmed the pdf and it looks great. Think I'll wait for my hardback book to arrive for a thorough read thru. This is my first Frog God Games product, mostly because the price point always seemed too high on their stuff. But with the kickstarter's added goodies I went for it. Glad I did.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

DLed it yesterday too, haven't read through it though, I'll probably wait for the print copy to arrive as well.

maximus
Ulthal

Post by maximus »

Treebore wrote:DLed it yesterday too, haven't read through it though, I'll probably wait for the print copy to arrive as well.
I was looking at this the other day. Did you ever get the print version? Is it worth it?

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

I backed the kickstarter, marveled at the physical quality of the finished product, read a few pages, and then stuck it on my shelf unused. I should probably look at it again sometime.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

maximus
Ulthal

Post by maximus »

I looked at this a long time ago when Necromancer was still doing business, but I wasn't actively playing at the time, so it would have been more for "reading" purposes. Just put in a bid on Ebay for a d20 version. We'll see...

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

maximus wrote:
Treebore wrote:DLed it yesterday too, haven't read through it though, I'll probably wait for the print copy to arrive as well.
I was looking at this the other day. Did you ever get the print version? Is it worth it?
Heck, the D20 version is worth it! Just make sure that eBay seller has the map included!

Yes, this is much better production values, more material, so is a "better" version in these aspects. However, the D20 version still has the city, the "dungeon" of Barakus itself, and a lot of good "bad guys" written up that I ended up using several of as long term antagonists. You can definitely get a LOT of good, quality, gaming time with this product! Oh, plus the organization of the content is better this time around too.

maximus
Ulthal

Post by maximus »

Went ahead and got the d20 version before I realized the newer version was @ the same price. Anyway, it just arrived and is in great condition. Looks like I have some good reading ahead of me!