My houserule site is moving

TLG d20, Necromancer Games and general. Discuss any game not covered in another forum.
AslanC
Ulthal

Re: My houserule site is moving

Post by AslanC »

Yeah I am looking at it, DLed all the free stuff for it. Needs work to meet my needs alas, much like most games. Though it is a strong forerunner, well other than hammering my own skeleton D&D together. ;)

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

AslanC wrote:Yeah I am looking at it, DLed all the free stuff for it. Needs work to meet my needs alas, much like most games. Though it is a strong forerunner, well other than hammering my own skeleton D&D together. ;)
I hear you. Even with C&C I have written up a fair amount of house rules to make it my perfect game.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

AslanC
Ulthal

Post by AslanC »

Maybe we should take this to PM or a separate thread? Before we get WAY off topic.

dunbruha
Ulthal

Post by dunbruha »

You might also want to check out Labyrinth Lord and the Advanced Edition Companion. Both free (from Goblinoid Games). It's a nice mix of Basic and AD&D.

Galannor
Mist Elf

Post by Galannor »

Hi Chris, please, could you tell us when your DMG is finished? I just downloaded the most recent version of both you PHB and DMG and I really like them: I particularly appreciated the Warden and the Scout, very cool and nice additions! Now AD&D3 is really one of my two go-to games when introducing newbies to RPGS or when running rules light to medium systems (the other being "standard" C&C, of course!). Really awesome works, both the PHB and the DMG: please, keep up your good work!
Galannor :D

csperkins1970
Ulthal

Post by csperkins1970 »

Thanks Galannor.

Right now a proof-reader is going through the DMG for me (an unpaid proof-reader who did an awesome job on my PHB)... but has been too busy to work on it lately. The book is pretty-much done. The only issues with it are multitudinous typos, missing page references (which I'll work on soon) and a few incomplete encounter charts (which I'll also finish up very soon).

It could be used as-is at this point, as no more content will be added.
I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am... a god.

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

csperkins1970 wrote:Thanks Galannor.

Right now a proof-reader is going through the DMG for me (an unpaid proof-reader who did an awesome job on my PHB)... but has been too busy to work on it lately. The book is pretty-much done. The only issues with it are multitudinous typos, missing page references (which I'll work on soon) and a few incomplete encounter charts (which I'll also finish up very soon).

It could be used as-is at this point, as no more content will be added.
Good to hear. I have enjoyed my first read-through and I look forward to the completed product. I really like the feel of it as it (to me) is truly a marriage of AD&D and C&C. Best of both worlds.
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Galannor
Mist Elf

Post by Galannor »

Thanks Chris, I'm thinking of printing both the last versions of the PHB and the DMG, and I'd like to have printed them both when they're finished. The PHB is done, and it's terrific, and I'm waiting also for the DMG to be completed.
By the way, will there be also a Monster Manual? In any case, what sourcebook for monsters could be used with AD&D3? In one of your past posts, you said that the "standard" C&C Monsters & Treasure should work fine, but it seems to me that AD&D3 characters are more powerful than "C&C" characters, so should the C&C Monsters be made more effective and deadly?
Thanks again for your books,
Galannor ;)

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Galannor wrote:Thanks Chris, I'm thinking of printing both the last versions of the PHB and the DMG, and I'd like to have printed them both when they're finished. The PHB is done, and it's terrific, and I'm waiting also for the DMG to be completed.
By the way, will there be also a Monster Manual? In any case, what sourcebook for monsters could be used with AD&D3? In one of your past posts, you said that the "standard" C&C Monsters & Treasure should work fine, but it seems to me that AD&D3 characters are more powerful than "C&C" characters, so should the C&C Monsters be made more effective and deadly?
Galannor ;)
Personally I prefer converting the 2E MM to C&C.

That is not to say I don't like the C&C monsters, like the Prysmal Eye is probably the deadliest creature in there, followed closely by the Dragons, plus the M&T of Aihrde and Classic both have a lot of really good write ups in them. Its just in general I like the power scale of the 2E Monster book. Which is why I have the reprint on pre order, because my 2 old copies are beat to hell.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

csperkins1970
Ulthal

Post by csperkins1970 »

I agree with Treebore... go with the Monstrous Manual and convert the critters on-the-fly. Just subtract the old AD&D armor class from 20 to get the new AC (so that negative armor classes are added to 20). Movement rates can be used as is (a Mv of 9" translates to 9 squares/hexes or 45' of movement per round). The attack bonus is equal to the number of HD (with especially strong creatures getting an added bonus of +1 through +5 to their attack/damage rolls).
I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am... a god.

csperkins1970
Ulthal

Post by csperkins1970 »

Galannor wrote:Thanks Chris, I'm thinking of printing both the last versions of the PHB and the DMG, and I'd like to have printed them both when they're finished. The PHB is done, and it's terrific, and I'm waiting also for the DMG to be completed.
Galannor ;)
I've just uploaded the latest versions of the PHB and DMG to my website. The PHB is done (there may still be some errata, but it's otherwise complete) and the DMG is 99% done. It needs to be proofread and lacks a table of contents (which will be added after the proofreading is complete).

Please send any questions/errata may way.