Hall of Many Panes

A place to discuss out-of-print or discontinued TLG products.
serleran
Mogrl

Hall of Many Panes

Post by serleran »

Just curious if anyone has used anything from the box set? Me, I had planned on using parts of it at the culmination of Castle Zagyg, but never actually got around to it. Have you read it? Did you enjoy it? Me, I thought there was a lot of neat stuff, and easily an infinite campaign.

papercut
Red Cap

Re: Hall of Many Panes

Post by papercut »

Thread Necro!

I have the same questions as Serl, what do you guys think of the product? How did you use it?

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

<Animate Dead>

I haven't used it but I have always considered this to be the natural followup to Castle Zagyg. It's pretty amazing though IMO.

M

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I absolutely love the Möbius world.

dunbruha
Ulthal

Post by dunbruha »

It's fun to compare the D20 and LA versions of the stat blocks. I miss playing LA...

I've never used anything from this set, though.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

LA, alas, thou shall be missed in print but not at the table. Like Dangerous Journeys before it, I use for mining character ideas but not rules.

dunbruha
Ulthal

Hall of Man Pants

Post by dunbruha »

I did a search on eBay to see how much this was going for (not much... :( ). When I typed in the name, it asked: "Did you mean: Hall of man pants?" :lol: (there were actually 4 items for that)

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Hilarity!

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

I forsee a new encounter area in many adventures. The Hall of Man Pants, with Manny the 4th level tailor...
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

MormonYoYoMan wrote:I forsee a new encounter area in many adventures. The Hall of Man Pants, with Manny the 4th level tailor...
With a dex check of a natural 20 he hems into one legged pair of pants rendering you completely immobilized.....

Lunamancer
Skobbit

Post by Lunamancer »

This is my favorite adventure ever. I ran the whole adventure. Twice. It takes a good 6-8 months of weekly play to get through the whole thing.

I had been taking a break from GMing when I first read Hall of Many Panes, but as soon as I started reading it, I was excited to run it ASAP. I'm not sure what I can say about it without giving away spoilers. Other than, the way it's set up is very module, so it's easy to take its pieces and plug into other adventures. However, there are certain running themes there and a backstory to it that makes playing it as-is the best way to experience what's in there.