It's Coming Along!

Join Peter Bradley and other artists in discussions on art and presentation.
ArgoForg
Red Cap

It's Coming Along!

Post by ArgoForg »

Slowly, but surely, I'm starting to really get my pet project closer to completion. The long process has included a redo of my world map, which I'm currently in the process of doing. I'm just excited enough that I wanted to give everyone a looksee!

EDIT: Updated with this weekend's extra work!

- "I just happen to prefer games where the GM actually has final say on rules and is not just the wall to roll dice off to decide what happens."

Rigon
Clang lives!

Re: It's Coming Along!

Post by Rigon »

Looks amazing, AF.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Nice

What program did you use to make the map?
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

Thanks, Rigon! I've gone ahead and updated it-- except for some place names, legends and minor tweaks here and there, I'm pretty much done with it, I think! The original on my computer is gawdawful huge, like 7500 pixels on the wide side. Great for printing and detail, but the place names might be easy to lose track of unless it's printed at huge size, so I'll have to figure a way around that.
Lurker wrote:Nice

What program did you use to make the map?
I actually used a couple... this was made with a combination of a little Fractal Mapper 8 just for border and icon placement, and then exported to Photoshop, where the rest of it was done. I have Campaign Cartographer, but I lack the patience and expertise to really do killer maps with it the way I'd like yet. Fractal Mapper, conversely, is easy as sin to learn, but I'm not quite as impressed with its results.
- "I just happen to prefer games where the GM actually has final say on rules and is not just the wall to roll dice off to decide what happens."

MadCartographer
Hlobane Orc

Post by MadCartographer »

Love the map!