Greyhawk - A 1980 Darlene inspired recreation!

Join Peter Bradley and other artists in discussions on art and presentation.
Retrogamer_Meph
Skobbit

Greyhawk - A 1980 Darlene inspired recreation!

Post by Retrogamer_Meph »

Hey everyone, I want to share with you the project I have been working on this week. For my upcoming Castles & Crusades Greyhawk campaign I was looking for a copy of the 1980 Darlene Greyhawk map. I am planning to add some homebrew stuff along with some C&C adventures to the map so I decided that maybe I should try my hand at recreating the map. This is purely a fan creation and I wanted to share it with anyone interested in it.

Here is the first release candidate version on Easy Zoom. I am sure some errors will arise so after some edits I will be releasing the 12000+ pixel PNG file. This is not an exact replica and some distances may be off but I am overall happy with the results. Enjoy and let me know if you find mistakes or omissions so I can fix them.

https://www.easyzoom.com/imageaccess/ee ... 914d6d1878

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Greyhawk - A 1980 Darlene inspired recreation!

Post by Lurker »

NICE :!:
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

maximus
Ulthal

Post by maximus »

Looks great! Greyhawk has always been my go to campaign world.

Retrogamer_Meph
Skobbit

My Greyhawk map v1.1 is up and finished for the time being. I added the missing locations, fixed some spelling errors, and fixed a few label issues. The new Easyzoon version will allow you to take snapshots at any zoom level or download the full resolution file. Enjoy, I hope somebody finds it useful.

https://www.easyzoom.com/imageaccess/fe ... 93bcc42b6f

maximus
Ulthal

Post by maximus »

Looks awesome! I'm looking for a WoG map to use in play. Hard to find online, and really pricey.

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Great work.

Retrogamer_Meph
Skobbit

maximus wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:00 am
Looks awesome! I'm looking for a WoG map to use in play. Hard to find online, and really pricey.
Well the good news is that if you don't mind a recreation, mine is available online and free. You can download it as the full 12,000 pixel version and have it printed, use it for your online game, or use the easy zoom version. I just had mine printed at Staples for $12! Hopefully you find it useful.

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Wow, that came out awesome for only $12. Of course your great map making makes the difference.

Retrogamer_Meph
Skobbit

Well there is one thing I have to say about that $12 print. I get my maps printed as Blueprints at Staples for $12. Their Blueprint printer cannot handle lots of colors and the back and forth printing will cause the machine to jam with the thing BP paper. So I ordered it anyways and the kid there decided to upgrade me for free. The paper he used is the coolest map paper I have ever seen. It's kinda a synthetic paper/vinyl. It's tear resistant and it immediately lays flat. I asked him what it would cost to get it printed that way normally and he said $20 which is still a steal. He looked it up in the computer and couldn't find it so he told me to just bring him my prints on a thumb drive and he would do them for $20.

Your mileage may vary.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

This is great, thanks for sharing!