Gary Con XV: March 23-26, 2023

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
Ancalagon
Ulthal

Gary Con XV: March 23-26, 2023

Post by Ancalagon »

I'm starting this thread to discuss all things related to the forthcoming GaryCon. Feel free to chime in!

I intend to be there and plan to run some C&C. More to come as time progresses.
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Re: Gary Con XV: March 23-26, 2023

Post by Ancalagon »

Badge Sales begin at noon Central on July 30th, 2022.

https://www.garycon.com/
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

I'm still on the fence about whether to try to attend in 2023. Not being able to get a room at the hotel this year really sucked the wind out of my sails. I miss the days when attendance was 300-500.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

Buttmonkey wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:16 pm
I'm still on the fence about whether to try to attend in 2023. Not being able to get a room at the hotel this year really sucked the wind out of my sails. I miss the days when attendance was 300-500.
I missed out on the 300-500 attendance days. IIRC, attendance was around 750-800 in 2015 when I made my first trip to GC. I definitely prefer lower headcount to the near 3,000 present for 2019 (my last year attending). I'm not a fan of the notion of commuting from other lodging miles away from the Grand Geneva....
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

Snagged my badge this evening.
Next I need to determine when I'll run my C&C event, Into the Mines of Moria.

You read Professor Tolkien’s books. You watched the Bakshi and Jackson films. Now play as members of The Fellowship of the Ring as they seek to pass the Doors of Durin and survive the Chamber of Mazarbul. May the blessing of Elves and Men and Free Folk go with you!
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

OK - submitted my first event for Gary Con 2023. A Sunday session of Into the Mines of Moria! with a scheduled start time at 1100 and duration of 4 hours. Pre-gens provided, of course.

Events on Sundays tend to be quieter with fewer folks around since many people depart the con that day.

I intend to schedule 1-2 more sessions but haven't decided on days and times just yet. I'll post an update when I do.

You read Professor Tolkien’s books. You watched the Bakshi and Jackson films. Now play as members of The Fellowship of the Ring as they seek to pass the Doors of Durin and survive the Chamber of Mazarbul. May the blessing of Elves and Men and Free Folk go with you!
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Ancalagon wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:20 am
OK - submitted my first event for Gary Con 2023. A Sunday session of Into the Mines of Moria! with a scheduled start time at 1100 and duration of 4 hours. Pre-gens provided, of course.

Events on Sundays tend to be quieter with fewer folks around since many people depart the con that day.

I intend to schedule 1-2 more sessions but haven't decided on days and times just yet. I'll post an update when I do.

This sounds awesome. Not sure I can deal with the crowds though. Thinking about maybe NTRPG next year.

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

maximus wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:49 pm
Ancalagon wrote:

This sounds awesome. Not sure I can deal with the crowds though. Thinking about maybe NTRPG next year.
I intend to be at NTRPG in 2023. I might even convert Into the Mines of Moria! to AD&D for that convention.....
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

Ancalagon wrote:

I submitted 2 more sessions of Into the Mines of Moria! for the con.
Friday from 1000 - 1400
Saturday from 1000 - 1400

Hope to see some forum members at my table! 8-)
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Rizgard The Ravager
Skobbit

Post by Rizgard The Ravager »

Buttmonkey wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:16 pm
I feel the same way. Midwinter Fest is becoming more and more like what Gary Con used to be.