Nuke-Con: Castles & Crusades in Hârn

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
Ancalagon
Ulthal

Nuke-Con: Castles & Crusades in Hârn

Post by Ancalagon »

I decided to take the plunge and run Castles & Crusades in Hârn at Nuke-Con, a small con in Omaha NE, in early October. My adventure will be based in the Kingdom of Orbaal, a fractious kingdom in Hârn's wild north. Pregens will be provided and are 4th - 5th level, one of which will be the Archer from the black boxed set I picked up at Gen Con in 2014. Two sessions are scheduled.

I'm hoping to spread the word about the gaming goodness that is C&C and the wonderful setting that is Hârn!

If interested in the con, you can check it out here: https://www.nuke-con.com/
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

T1Hound
Hlobane Orc

Re: Nuke-Con: Castles & Crusades in Hârn

Post by T1Hound »

Sounds like two good things coming together!

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

Hoping so! 5E and PF are, by far, the most played tabletop RPGs in my neck of the woods so if I can introduce some folks to C&C, and they get into it, then it will have been a great success. 8-)
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

T1Hound
Hlobane Orc

Post by T1Hound »

5e and PFS are still very popular here with a strong following of Magic.

At cons, if you can make a few memorable games, you can get them to join next year

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

When I was running AD&D at Dragon Con in Atlanta from 2003 to 2009, before it fully morphed into a dress up & pop culture convention, I had a fair number of players showing up year after year for my events. It was always nice to see the folks returning for the old school gaming goodness!
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

PeelSeel2
Ulthal

Post by PeelSeel2 »

When you running this? I am in Wayne, NE and thinking about trying to make it down.

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

PeelSeel2 wrote:When you running this? I am in Wayne, NE and thinking about trying to make it down.
Hello, PeelSeel2!
I've scheduled two sessions: Friday 2 PM - 7 PM and Saturday 10:30 AM - 3:30 PM and, at the moment, there are seats open in both games.
If you make it down and grab a seat at a game, please introduce yourself as I always enjoy putting faces with names at conventions.
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

Among the players grabbing chairs at my tables over the weekend were 4 folks with no prior experience with C&C. All of them said they enjoyed the C&C system and the adventure they played. One player commented that he liked the lower cost of entry for the PHB ($30) compared to other games' PHBs ($50+). Hopefully a few seeds were planted and C&C can grow in my neck of the woods.
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander