C&C games at Gary Con?

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
seskis281
Lore Drake

Re: C&C games at Gary Con?

Post by seskis281 »

tylermo wrote:I haven't done an exact tally, but I'm betting 10 or more C&C games, plus 2 Amazing Adventures I believe.
More like 28 C&C events and 2 Amazing Adventures there, Tyler...

:shock:
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Wow. I was trying to recall some that were submitted to our e-mail address, plus mine. It's been a few days since I've looked at the event schedule. Glad to know that it's not just 10 sessions. :)

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

I ran a playtest for my original Gary Con adventure on Saturday. It was very helpful. The adventure held up well, but the players had some good ideas for tweaks to content and presentation.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face. haha Seriously, we're grateful for everybody's help at GaryCon.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

Event registration goes live in just under an hour at 3 pm Eastern time. Register early and often. :-D
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

Damn it! The Gary Con website crashed during registration again! I managed to get my top 4 events registered before things crapped out. Ugh.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I got burned. Nothing. At this point, I'll be happy to get the scraps.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

The good news is no one else can register right now. You have just as good a shot at getting into desired events as anyone else. Registration was only live for like 2-3 minutes max before the universe collapsed on itself.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Just not sure I can sit at this computer all afternoon. I have some other things to do, and my non-smartphone internet is not an option for GaryCon registration. :(

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

I'm in a similar boat (albeit with 3 events registered). When the registration system crashed a couple years ago, they had it back up and running in about an hour. I've got my fingers crossed (well, except for the finger that is hitting F5 every minute or so to see if the site is back up).

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

Registration is back up!

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

And it's back down. I managed to snag the rest of my events before the site crashed again. Keep hitting F5 people!

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I got two or three games in my cart, then it crashed. My cart status showed zero when I clicked on it. Maybe I'll hit my account while it's back up.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

Only register for one event at a time. NEVER put more than one event in your cart. That way lies madness. A crash can absolutely screw you and you run the risk of events filling up while you are building up your cart. You have to prioritize your desired events and then start at the top, checking out after each event is added.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Oops. Well, the last time I was at Gary Con was running the Troll booth. Didn't play any games. I'm still running more games than playing this time. I'll keep your advice in mind, if the server comes back up.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

Back up!

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Event registration postponed until Tuesday. I think it said 9 EST. Check GaryCon Facebook to be certain. I had two or three games in my cart before it crashed the 2nd time. However, my account showed 0. Apologies from Dale Leonard and Luke Gygax. I know they worked hard on this.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Somebody helped me with whatever I was doing wrong. My games were in my cart. Just received my confirmation e-mail. I assume that means I get those games, despite registration being postponed until Tuesday. I'm in Ernie Jr.'s Hobby Shop DUngeon, Circus Maximus, and Jim Ward's Met Alpha game.

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Post by cuchulainkevin »

Steve's only running a Friday morning game?

I got boned on registration.

Just hoping I can get some C&C games in at this point
Ah room zoom zoom, ah room zoom zoom. gilly gilly gilly gilly, gilly ah sa sa. Come through the magic door with me and see the things you never dreamed you'll see.

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

cuchulainkevin wrote:Steve's only running a Friday morning game?

I got boned on registration.

Just hoping I can get some C&C games in at this point
Hey Morty - frustrating as it was, still a lot of good games with seats - Ernie's Hobby Shop on Sat. @ Noon, Harold Johnson's VIP AD&D game Sat. morning, all the C&C events have seats.

John
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Fingers crossed for you, Cuchu. Haven't checked, but I would imagine Stephen's game still has some slots open. Due to server problems, it looks like 1 person signed up for one of my five C&C games. I'm taking upwards of 6-8 people per game, I think. There are tons of other C&C games on the schedule as well. That said, Stephen is the only "rpg legend" gm for our roster of games. Calling him a legend is probably pushing it. :lol:

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

Steve's big game still has open slots and there are a crap-ton of C&C events with lots of seats still available. No need to hope you can get into some C&C games. You will definitely get into some/many if you want them.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

If you sign up for my games, you get silver pieces back. They're just that good. ;)

Rotten
Skobbit

Post by Rotten »

I registered for one Amazing Adventures Game and one C&C. I registered for 6 different rules systems game. I have to bone up on my rules books.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

Rotten wrote:I registered for one Amazing Adventures Game and one C&C. I registered for 6 different rules systems game. I have to bone up on my rules books.
I'm in a similar situation. I signed up for events using:

C&C
Savage Worlds
D&D 5E
Chainmail
FATE Accelerated
DCC RPG
Call of Cthulhu

C&C is the only game on that list I have played before. I've played with most of the legendary GMs, so I bypassed the VIP events. Now it's all about trying new things and recharging my gamer batteries.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Savage Worlds is great. I'd like to try Chainmail, and I own DCC. Need to give it a whirl at some point.

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

I'll be at Gary Con VII running C&C games and working reg desk again. I submitted six C&C events that run on Thurs, Fri and Sat from 8am to noon, and noon to 4pm. Characters will be provided, Levels 6-8, but no experience is necessary and players of all ages are welcome. To find my events when registering on garycon.com simply type "Brian Miller" in the "DM Name" box and the search will list all 6 of my C&C games. If my events fill up but you or someone you know wants to join one of my rounds, let me know and I can add extra seats. If you have any questions, you can email me at "[email protected]".

Looking forward to seeing familiar faces as well as new ones,
Brian Miller
Promoting C&C at Gary Con and LGGC since 2005.

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

I snagged 6 of 7 events Saturday before things crashed hard. One of them was the C&C The Ziggurat of Zon, Friday, 10:00 a.m. (4 hours). Looking forward to this! 8-)
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

Ancalagon wrote:I snagged 6 of 7 events Saturday before things crashed hard. One of them was the C&C The Ziggurat of Zon, Friday, 10:00 a.m. (4 hours). Looking forward to this! 8-)
See you there, Zombie Man! John is a great GM. Should be a fantastic game.

thenorthman
Hlobane Orc

Post by thenorthman »

Anyone have a who's who doing the Garycon games?

So many to pick from!

Hope to get on the big game again like Gencon but we will see.

The others?