C&C games at Gary Con?

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Re: C&C games at Gary Con?

Post by tylermo »

There are three Circus Maximus (Avalon Hill) games on the schedule Thu-Sat morning. I'm signed up for Saturday morning. What I didn't realize is that they're qualifiers for a final race run by Tim Kask. Turns out, if I qualify, that the final race is when I have a game scheduled Saturday night. Here's hoping I don't qualify in the big race, I guess. ;)

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Three of our 28 Castles and Crusades games are full. Another three or four games have only 1 ticket left. Then, others range between 2-7 tickets left. I've got one ticket out of 8 left for my Thursday night game, 7 tickets left for my Friday morning game, Friday night-2 tickets left, 4 tickets remain for my Saturday afternoon game, and Saturday night is full. Stephen Chenault's "big game" (Aufstrag-related) is at 3 tickets left. Hat's off to those who helped us put 28 games on the schedule! Trollzah!

Correction. my Thursday evening and Friday night games are full now as well. Now at 6 tickets for the Friday morning game, and 3 for the Saturday afternoon game. Need more than 2 players for that Friday game, but 3 out of 8 players will work for the Sat game. I debated limiting each session to 6 players, but hope to get more newbies by making it 8. Now, I'll have to see about beefing things up a bit.

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

2 of my three are booked up, just 1 seat remaining for my Sat. morning 8AM Unending Darkness.... Mona and I are both doing Mark Martin's Mad Libs! game and Lee LeMaster's Sunday Peril in Green Valley, Mona doing Wyrm Well with you Thur. night Tyler and I am doing Winding Stair on Sat. (will avoid re-looking at that one - good thing I've never run it). No vip games for me this year, though I have open invite to sit at Jim Ward's table anytime so might take him up on offer for his MA game Friday afternoon....
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

tylermo wrote:There are three Circus Maximus (Avalon Hill) games on the schedule Thu-Sat morning. I'm signed up for Saturday morning. What I didn't realize is that they're qualifiers for a final race run by Tim Kask. Turns out, if I qualify, that the final race is when I have a game scheduled Saturday night. Here's hoping I don't qualify in the big race, I guess. ;)

HAH - make Steve take over!! (I am guessing though he scheduled the big game this year for a morning so he can concentrate on libations and fellowship in the evenings)!
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Hopefully, I'll see you at that MA game. Mona played in one or two of my games at Gamehole last year, and she's coming back for another go round?? No doubt she'll want her silver pieces back after that. :lol:

thenorthman
Hlobane Orc

Post by thenorthman »

I am in three of your events Tyler.

I managed to NOT get only one I was shooting for. It was the late night event starting at 10pm, which allowed me to register for your 7pm event Friday.

In 8 C&C events, Nuclear War filler before the 20 person game, and Civ on Sunday.

Leaving Saturday night open for the auction and enough down time in other areas.

Plus used up all my silver pieces so really couldn't sign up for anything else....unless it was gold....and those meh.....

Although it would of been nice to get in on the theatrical DnD session.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

That's great, North. I've got 5 games to run, and 3 to play in. I hope I gave myself enough time for dealers room shopping. Also, there are a lot of people I want to catch up with. Diesel LaForce, my fellow Trolls, Luke, Ernie, Joe Goodman, etc.

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

I used to allow 10, 12 people in games, but I'm not Steve.... 8 is my max, and only for the late-nighter or 1st thing morning where I can get the big tables and the noise level isn't a bad factor.

northman I see you in my Sat. morning I believe....
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara

Rotten
Skobbit

Post by Rotten »

I got in Saturday Noon, Peril in Green Valley. Hope to see you there. There are spots open.

It allows me to go to the two Goodman Games seminars.

thenorthman
Hlobane Orc

Post by thenorthman »

Yes Saturday morning at 8am.

Total schedule... Some might be considered a little tight....especially Thursday morning and noon game. The other time slots have quite a bit of lax time between. Know from Gencon it isn't always great to be scheduled tight but think this might be good for this con...

C&C 8am Thursday
C&C noon Thursday
C&C 7pm Thursday

Nuclear War 8am Friday
C&C 11am Friday
C&C 7pm Friday

C&C 8am Saturday
C&C 2pm Saturday
Auction is Saturday night from what I understand....

C&C 10am Sunday
Civilization 2pm Sunday (Might change this one up some....love Advance Civilization so not sure how regular Civ is....)

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

Well, mine are all sold out... Morty snagged my last seat on Sat. morning :)
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

My Saturday game sold out fast. Surprising, but very gratifying. I'm not sure if that is because I picked an ideal time slot for the game or because I had a catchy event description. I still have 3 seats left for my Thursday morning game at 8:00 a.m.

This is a weird Gary Con for me in terms of events I'm playing in. I only signed up for one C&C event as a player. Instead of hammering C&C the whole way, I signed up for a bunch of games with systems I have never played. I think I'm playing in 7 games with rules that are new to me. I hope that works out to a fun and interesting con. My schedule is pretty damn packed between running 2 C&C games and playing in a ton of stuff.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

Still seats left in some of my C&C games. Using my "star system" which rewards players for excellent dice rolls, strategies or role playing (a home rule addition I created that's been popular with players throughout the Gary Con conventions). Grab an opening if you're looking for a fun table. :)

Brian Miller
Promoting C&C at Gary Con and LGGC since 2005.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

miller6 wrote:Still seats left in some of my C&C games. Using my "star system" which rewards players for excellent dice rolls, strategies or role playing (a home rule addition I created that's been popular with players throughout the Gary Con conventions). Grab an opening if you're looking for a fun table. :)

Brian Miller

Long time no see, cuz! I won't be making it this year. Still cannot travel due to my hospital stay. Hopefully next year!
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

We'll miss ya at Gary Con cuz. Won't be the same without ya. Get well. Be healthy. You know we're pulling for ya!
Promoting C&C at Gary Con and LGGC since 2005.

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

Buttmonkey wrote:
Ancalagon wrote:I snagged 6 of 7 events Saturday before things crashed hard. One of them was the C&C The Ziggurat of Zon, Friday, 10:00 a.m. (4 hours). Looking forward to this! 8-)
See you there, Zombie Man! John is a great GM. Should be a fantastic game.
Excellent. Look forward to meeting you.
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander