GaryCon Update

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
Sir Osis of Liver
Unkbartig

GaryCon Update

Post by Sir Osis of Liver »

Great time this year! Thanks to all who played in the Society tournament game. Much fun was had, and Seskis's table took away top honors. Thanks to CKDad and Seskis for running the tournament with me, and for all who played in it! Looking forward to next year's con.

Thanks to Steve for running a great game Saturday night! What a game. Oh, if I'd only gotten a little more altitude instead of trying to buzz the tower. :twisted:

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Re: GaryCon Update

Post by Buttmonkey »

I enjoyed your tournament module. That pit suuuuuuucked, but any adventure with a 10th level hobbit monk as a pregen has to be a winner.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Sir Osis of Liver
Unkbartig

Post by Sir Osis of Liver »

Thanks, man! Glad you enjoyed it! Rogue missed the pit trap, eh? :twisted:

Did anybody from your group take the monk? With his HP, he was pretty tough to pass up.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

I took the monk. I love C&C monks and I especially love halfling C&C monks. In my home campaign, all of the high end monks are halflings. There's just something wonderful about the idea of this tiny ankle-biter turning out to be a bad-ass. I took the monk in last year's tournament, too.

Sadly, we did not have a rogue. It was one of those "you're screwed either way" traps (at least from a Schroedinger's Cat kind of perspective). If you ignore the thing, it will get you. If you mess with the thing, it will get you. In hindsight, you know which way to go, but just looking at the thing, you've got a 50/50 shot. We chose poorly. ;)
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.