Switch to full style
Forums for Troll Con & Other Convention Discussions
Post a reply

The Trolls are coming to Vision Con!

Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:52 pm

Troll Lord Games returns to Vision Con in Branson, Missouri this weekend at the Radisson Hotel.(Friday, Feb-28th-Sunday, March 1st). Tylermo, Troll James, and the lady trolls, Jaclyn and Haley, will be on hand selling all of the latest Castles and Crusades merchandise! The boys are running 6 demo games including: A Relative Problem, A Darker Shade of Ale, Baked Askalan, Lure of Delusion, Into the Darkness, and Orc Tower. Guests at this year's event include Ernie Hudson (Ghostbusters, Oz), Aaron Allston (author-Star Wars/TSR/Champions), Jolly Blackburn (Knights of the Dinnner Table creator), and Shane Moore (author Abyss Walker). For more information, go to http://www.visioncon.net We'll see you there. Trollzah!

Re: The Trolls are coming to Vision Con!

Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:23 pm

Very nice. Tylermo, you're really getting some nice con-time, bro. Im jealous!

Re: The Trolls are coming to Vision Con!

Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:03 am

BD, I really enjoy conventions. Unfortunately, I missed a great many in the 80's (apart from a few classic Dr. Who and Star Trek events) and 90's. Was about 2002 when I started going to DragonCon, and eventually others. Met Stephen and Todd in 03, started running anything. Axis and Allies, Risk 2210, Circus Maximus, and eventually a truckload of Savage Worlds. So much, that I became the first legendary explorer. In 2005, I met the marketing director with Eagle Games (board games). I was a fan of their product, and filled a vacancy of somebody who was to run a tournament at GenCon. They gave me some swag. Shortly after, I offered to demo games for them. Unfortunately, the original Eagle was bought out, but it was fun while it lasted. By at least 2009 or earlier, I eventually ran C&C at some gaming conventions in St. Louis. Sav Worlds and C&C are my favorite rpg's, and in the case of the latter, I'm fortunate enough to demo and sell the product. I enjoy selling fireworks (seasonally) for my uncles (as far back as the early 80's), so rpg's are even easier. I also have the benefit of a loose work schedule with my small janitorial business. As a result, I'Ve been demo'ing C&C at several game stores as of late. It's been a lot of fun, and we're gaining the occasional convert, as well as new retailers. Trollzah!
Post a reply