Anyone going to Origins this year?

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
quithanire
Skobbit

Anyone going to Origins this year?

Post by quithanire »

I was looking through the Origins events lists and was sad to see no C&C games. Is anyone going and interested in pick up games? I picked up the books at Garcyon and have since ran a few games and I would love to play some on the other side of the screen.

Omote
Battle Stag

Re: Anyone going to Origins this year?

Post by Omote »

Undecided at this point for me. I love Columbus Ohio, but I'm afraid each year Origins diminishes a little more it seems. I might swing down for a day or two.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I would love to hock the Troll merch at Origins. Comes down to dates, travel, hotel and booth expenses. Never been before.

quithanire
Skobbit

Post by quithanire »

We go every year and enjoy it. They have more old-school d&d games this year which is why I go. I was hoping to play some C&C there this year. I worry about Origins though. Every year their organization skills get worse than the year before. I think the Hackmaster folks didn't even get their games scheduled this year. You never know when they are going to post event and have registration. Open registration ends May 15th and they havent said when registration even opens. That being said it is a very friendly convention. If anyone goes let me and maybe we can hook up for some gaming. My wife and I went to Garycon this year and played in the C&C tournament game there and had a blast!

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

The Trolls came back to Origins 3 years ago. I don't think that it was that profitable for them, but a great time was had by all. Steve even managed to get one of his famous MONDO games rolling for a bunch of fans way too late one night. That was a treat to see, and he did it deep in to the morning when he probably shouldn't have. Those Trolls are great guys.

~O
VAE VICTUS!