Whos Yer Con 2013, Indianapolis - March 15-17

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
ArgoForg
Red Cap

Whos Yer Con 2013, Indianapolis - March 15-17

Post by ArgoForg »

WHAT: Who's Yer Con 2013

WHEN: Friday, March 15, 2013 through Sunday, March 17, 2013

WHERE: Clarion Waterfront Hotel
(2930 Waterfront Parkway West Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46214 )

THE DEALIO: Not the biggest con around, for sure, but Whos Yer Con admission is free, there are open gaming tables, lending library, Pathfinder Society scenarios, and the Who's Yer Gamers run a pretty nice convention.

Oh, and some Argo guy will probably be running a couple open Castles & Crusades games set in the World of Phantasie homebrew. I mean, if you're into that and all. :mrgreen:

DETAILS: http://whosyercon.com/ (Event Submission: January 14 - February 17; Event Registration February 1 - March 3)
- "I just happen to prefer games where the GM actually has final say on rules and is not just the wall to roll dice off to decide what happens."

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Whos Yer Con 2013, Indianapolis - March 15-17

Post by tylermo »

A few questions...

How many people attend?

Is there a dealers room to sell wares?

Do you have contact with any of the organizers?

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

tylermo wrote:A few questions...

How many people attend?
It's been rising every year since inception, IIRC... I'll try to look through my program from last year to be sure. From the Whos Yer Gamers Facebook, "Last year Who's Yer Con hosted over 800 attendees, from 92 different zip codes across 8 different states."
Is there a dealers room to sell wares?
Last year there was, and I don't believe it'll be any different this year. The dealer area was modest-sized, to be sure-- I think last year there were only about 10-12 tables total, but the hotel itself isn't an immense one like the ones downtown, either.
Do you have contact with any of the organizers?
I'm not specifically an organizer, myself, just a member of Whos Yer Gamers via donation at last year's con. However, they do say via their webpage: Contact us at [email protected] , so that would be a primo place to start, most likely.
No problem! Always happy to help where I can!
- "I just happen to prefer games where the GM actually has final say on rules and is not just the wall to roll dice off to decide what happens."

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Sounds like a strong little con. Midsouth Con in Memphis is the next weekend, but I'm not sure if any space has opened up for TLG. That one has 1,700 people, and is a 4-hour roundtrip. Indy will be an 8 and a half-10 hour roundtrip. Just depends, but whosyer sounds like another con I attend and sell at, except your's has 200 more people.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I've tried the e-mail you provided, but my message keeps being returned. Maybe it's my phone. If anybody knows an alternate e-mail or contact, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

tylermo wrote:I've tried the e-mail you provided, but my message keeps being returned. Maybe it's my phone. If anybody knows an alternate e-mail or contact, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
I'm checking into it for you, as they recently had server issues. In the meantime, you can also like and contact them through facebook, which might be the next best option. They have a feed on their homepage, http://whosyercon.com/.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Well, I'm not on Facebook these days. I'll have a look at their homepage again, but I don't think there were any other e-mail addresses. I think two of my buddies (indy locals) with Pinnacle Entertainment attend this gathering. I'll see if I can reach them. If you come up with anything, it's much appreciated. Thanks.

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

Talked to them on FB yesterday, and they said that the bounceback is definitely a result of their moving to a new hosting service (the server issues they've had stemming from that have recently been cleared up). They were hopeful that they would have it fixed by yesterday evening, so you might want to give it a day or two, and try sending the e-mail again and see if you continue to have similar issues.
Whosyergamers on Facebook wrote: Thanks for the heads up, Mark. We became aware of this problem earlier today. The problem stems from our move to a new hosting account, and we are working to resolve it. We should hopefully have this resolved by the end of the day.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I'm not sure I'll be able to attend because of the 10-hour roundtrip, but it might be a possibility. Hopefully, I can actually speak with somebody before their gaming submission deadline, and about dealer space. Thanks for the help.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Oooh, lookie lookie. One more Crusader for Who's Yer Con. I'm in.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

Oh, hellz yes. The party is started now! :D

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

There's going to be a few other C&C players that will be coming down to the con with me, but I'm not sure if they are going to participate in any C&C games. *rolls dice* The aswer is a strong 60% of definitely.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!

mordrene
Ulthal

Post by mordrene »

it looks as if i may actually be free this weekend. lets do this.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

As of now, there are 2 full-on ArgoForg C&C games being run at Who's Yer Con. I THINK I might have even heard of one more. :D Not only that, I am playing in a true, honest-to-god, session of Ghostbusters RPG from one of our very own board members here, Dr. Rotwang! It's looking like it is going to be a good con.

~O
VAE VICTUS!

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

Quickly patching up the last bit of my writeups and updates of prefab characters for my two games. Looking way the hell forward to this. :D

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Nice. There's going to be some good C&C player's there. It's about time a real CK shows them how it's done!

~O
VAE VICTUS!

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

Oh, no pressure. :mrgreen:

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Haha! No big deal at all. I swear I only know a few of them, and their CK is the TOTAL SUCK. I'm totally jazzed about this weekend. I will be there on Friday by 6pm, with no issues. LET'S ROLL!

~O
VAE VICTUS!

bryce0lynch
Henchman

Post by bryce0lynch »

Congrats on your game guys. I was at the behind you running the only "Dungeons & Dragons" events, with my back to 18 tables of Pathfinder. Nice job selling out your slots; I had to beg to find players.

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

Thanks much for the congrats, bryce! I was pretty happy with the turnout, and everyone seemed to have a great time... I hope everyone at your table had the same!

I'm starting to fall quite in love with Whosyercon, myself. It's a great "small-to-mid-size" con where you can focus mostly on the gaming and fun and not completely empty your wallet and go into debt (which is a yearly occurrence with me and Gen Con. :mrgreen: ). My only regret about the con was the lack of FRP games besides Pathfinder Society that I could take actually advantage of. Seemed like every game that grabbed me happened to coincide with the C&C games I was running.

But it's still a great con, and it's growing.... who knows, maybe next year I can sit in on a game as well as run a couple!

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Had a great time at Who's Yer Con. This is a really terriffic gaming convention for sure. The hotel it's in sucks balls, but there is plenty of place to play games as well as its main emphesis being on actually GAMING and not the other stuff. So that's pretty cool. I got to hang out with Argo for a few session of C&C -- that rocked. I got to play me some Ghostbusters RPG -- that rocked. I got to party at the UBS Indycent party, which was aight. Overall, a cool con that focuses on gaming, but deserves a MUCH better hotel.

The guy who played the wizard is still raving about it.

~O
VAE VICTUS!