View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Who's Yer Con March 2-4 Indianapolis 
Henchman

Post Who's Yer Con March 2-4 Indianapolis
Anyone attending Who's Yer Con in March?
It's still a very small Con, however every year it gets a little bit bigger and picks up more steam ( kind of like C&C ).March 2-4..
http://www.whosyergamers.org/wygms/

If you live around Indy, it's definitely worth attending as admission is for the low,low price of free!

Last year it got a lot of support from the Paizo folks, we had a ton of Pathfinder games going on all 3 days.Just kind of wondering even if Troll Lord doesn't have any official plans on sponsoring, if there might be any interest in fellow C&C players in or around Indiana in playing.
Last year I took a couple vacation days for that weekend, and had a blast. In a lot of ways, I liked it more than GenCon because it was smaller and more focused.

Am kind of thinking of running a couple games of C&C.I still haven't gotten a chance to run or play this system, but as I look over it, it seems more and more appealing as a player but especially as a DM.
And if I did run a game or two, what would y'all recommend to use as an intro game/games?Aside from the Troll Lord mods, I remember seeing a thread about folks writing some small intro mods.
Also, would I need permission from TL to run games at a Con?
Am hoping to get a couple games in

Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:45 pm
Battle Stag

Post Re: Who's Yer Con March 2-4 Indianapolis
No permission to run Castles & Crusades at Who's Yer Con is needed. Just play the gamea you want to play (or run).

As for suggesting modules/adventures to run, well that is best left up to you. Run your favorite short adventure if you want. Perhaps use a favorite D&D adventure but convert it to C&C (which is no problem). The trick is finding a playable adventure that can be done in a 3-5 hour time span.

Bottom line is, play whatever adventure makes you happy.

All the best.

~O

Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:58 pm
Profile WWW
Greater Lore Drake

TLG has a collection of three adventures called Dwarven Glory. Most of those were approximately con session length. It can be found in the tlg store. There's also a PDF adventure, The Call Him Guff. TLG's PDF store at RPGnow.com. Can't go wrong with either of those. They worked for me.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:35 am
Ulthal

Bolo,

I have a few questions. How do you join this club? Is there another website? and, as far as gaming I'm up for helping. PM me and we can set something up.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:14 pm
Red Cap

Innnnteresting. I had never heard of this one before, and I'm an Indy native. Might be worth a looksee.

(And I play and CK C&C, so let me see if going might be in the cards for me. If so, I could possibly run a C&C game or two.)

Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:37 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Red Cap

Okay, so I have an 'official' (i.e., listed in the catalogue) C&C game running at Whosyercon in a four or so hour block Saturday at 1 pm for 4-7 players, with prefab characters of 2nd-4th level.

It's sort of an intro to my homebrew world ("World of Phantasie") for the players, and an intro to con GMing for me, so of course feedback will be welcome. If all goes well, I may reserve a couple slots at Gen Con to run it, too!

Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Battle Stag

I'd love to play in one of your GenCon games Argo! Can't wait for Genny this year. All the best with WYC!

~O

Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:21 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]