synDCon II, 4/1-4/3/2011, Rockville, MD

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
CKDad
Master of the Kobold Raiders

synDCon II, 4/1-4/3/2011, Rockville, MD

Post by CKDad »

This is a newer con in the DC suburbs. Making my first foray to it this year and hoping to run some C&C.

Con website: http://syndcon.net/index.html
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: synDCon II, 4/1-4/3/2011, Rockville, MD

Post by Tadhg »

CKDad wrote:This is a newer con in the DC suburbs. Making my first foray to it this year and hoping to run some C&C.

Con website: http://syndcon.net/index.html
Excellent, CKDad . . hope you have a great time!! :)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

CKDad

Post by CKDad »

Just got a chance to submit my game entry. Not sure what time I'll be running, of it will turn out to be a pick-up game at some point in the weekend, but here goes:

Scenario Title: "By The Dark of the Moon"
Description: The adventurers have just returned from a trip abroad, when they are approached by a young noblewoman needing their help recovering a stolen object. She insists on having it back before the next new moon, which is only six days away...
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."

CKDad

Post by CKDad »

Game was a modest success - not as many players as I'd hoped, but they all had fun. Gave out a brand-spanking-new PHB to spread the C&C love. Will be heading back next year, and hope to get my act together early enough to get my event on the print schedule (it was posted on the event board in the "muster area").

Other notes - lots and lots of 4E and Pathfinder. Good representation from Savage Worlds, including some of the Pinnacle guys, and some SJG volunteer reps were showing their products. Living Shadowrun missions - check. Living Traveller - apparently no one signed up for the games in advance, so the GM backed out, but I kept running into people who had wanted to play.

Biggest surprise: while they had a whole room set aside for Magic, the person there to run that event was by herself pretty much the whole weekend.

Oh, and one of the retailers actually had copies of C&C (the PHB, at least) in stock!

timburns
Ulthal

Post by timburns »

I'm glad you had fun! Hopefully we can try and go to it next year; it was just too close after coming back from Gary Con.

Christina Stiles
Ulthal

Post by Christina Stiles »

[quote="CKDad"]Good representation from Savage Worlds, including some of the Pinnacle guys.[/quote[

Those were some of my Pinnnacle buds! Glad you had fun. I've been running C&C at the Carolina cons, and the numbers have been so-so, but I'm garnering more interest as I go along. We are Savage Worlds strong down this way.