Troll Con East is on!

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
timburns
Ulthal

Troll Con East is on!

Post by timburns »

Hey all, thought you would want to know that the plans for Troll Con East have been finalized. It's been a long time coming, lots of stops and starts (not as many as the CKG but you get the idea) but it's finally here. Talked to Ed Evans today, and while it's yet to be posted on the TLG website, I can give you the details here. Hopefully we will see a lot of you out there! It's going to be at Ed's establishment, All Things Fun. They've got a great set up and plenty of room to have a great time. It will start February 25 and go through February 27. Here's what we have lined up:

Friday Feb. 25
6-8pm Meet and greet the Troll Lord and the TLG crew: Ask questions, talk, eat, drink, be very merry
8-10pm C&C game: We'll do a sort of introduction to Castles and Crusades, play with the Troll kind of gaming

Saturday Feb. 26
4-8:30pm Play C&C: This is where you can let your game go wild, plenty of time to game and chat.
9-10pm Match wits with Steve: Challenge the Troll Lord himself in a crazy game Ed has. This should be a lot of fun. Compete against Steve for fun and prizes!
10-12pm Play C&C: More down and dirty gaming, late into the night
Midnight Steve's Massive Melee: If we have enough players present, Steve will run his classic Dungeon Crawl. It can fit as many players as we have and nothing but hack, slash death, and adventure!

Sunday Feb. 27
6am--Breakfast at Tiffany's, well, really at All Things Fun with the Trolls
Join us for bagels and Steve Chenault as we toast with plastic champagne flutes and break bread with Steve one last time before he heads back to the wilds of Arkansas.

So that's it. So please come join us if you can, you will not be disappointed. Directions and contact information for All Things Fun can be found at his website, oddly named allthingsfun.net. :-) And check our website in the upcoming day for any more info and any updates.

timburns
Ulthal

Re: Troll Con East is on!

Post by timburns »

forgot to mention, we should be able to do a live streaming video from there! I"ll keep you posted.

jaybird216
Lore Drake

Post by jaybird216 »

You also forgot to mention location.

timburns
Ulthal

Post by timburns »

It does say, but I should have made it clearer. It's at "All Things Fun" in West Berlin, NJ. His website is allthingsfun.net. Hope to see you there!

jaybird216
Lore Drake

Post by jaybird216 »

Bah, I totally missed that, Tim. Sorry :) My late night reading skills failed me. Looks like fun!

timburns
Ulthal

Post by timburns »

no worries jaybird. i'm the same way. my eyes are getting so old and tired these days i need to trade them in. lol

Demiurge
Red Cap

Post by Demiurge »

Ah, maaaaan. I'm already going to Total Con that weekend. :cry:
Find me on the Google+

My GM badges
ImageImageImageImage
Get yours here

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Any chance the Trolls will be a-coming East again? I enjoyed stopping by the Con at All Things Fun, but hope to make a longer appearance and actually play next time. Will there be a next time?
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Zudrak wrote:Any chance the Trolls will be a-coming East again? I enjoyed stopping by the Con at All Things Fun, but hope to make a longer appearance and actually play next time. Will there be a next time?
*bump*

I missed last year's Trolls' visit due to my son's first birthday party being the same weekend. I am curious to see if there will be a TrollCon East this year or in the new year.

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

SmokestackJones
Hlobane Orc

Post by SmokestackJones »

...not associated with TrollCon, the Tunnels and Trolls convention, right?

-SJ

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Correct. I've not been to any other Con but I do believe Troll Con East would be considered small.

-- E. Gary Gygax

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

SmokestackJones wrote:...not associated with TrollCon, the Tunnels and Trolls convention, right?

-SJ

TrollCon as in Troll Lords...
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

I have received my answer. TLG's Twitter account responded to my whining here:
https://twitter.com/trolllordgames/stat ... 2199022592

-- E. Gary Gygax

Fosco
Mist Elf

Post by Fosco »

That's awesome! All Things Fun is my local shop.

DMSamuel
Red Cap

Post by DMSamuel »

Yay! That sounds awesome! Only a 3 hour drive for me, so I will definitely be there!
~DMSamuel
---

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Fosco wrote:That's awesome! All Things Fun is my local shop.
Gah! I saw this reply and now I see I never replied.

ATF is a fantastic store. Image

-- E. Gary Gygax

Fosco
Mist Elf

Post by Fosco »

Zudrak wrote:
Fosco wrote:That's awesome! All Things Fun is my local shop.
Gah! I saw this reply and now I see I never replied.

ATF is a fantastic store. Image
Do you run a game there, Zudrak?

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

I do not. I have talked with the owners about running games for birthday parties but that's been put on our back burner due to financial woes. Gaming is taking a hit right now due to having 2 little ones and other issues at home.

-- E. Gary Gygax

Fosco
Mist Elf

Post by Fosco »

Zudrak wrote:I do not. I have talked with the owners about running games for birthday parties but that's been put on our back burner due to financial woes. Gaming is taking a hit right now due to having 2 little ones and other issues at home.
I get it...I have three and one in college and one on his way.

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Fosco wrote:I get it...I have three and one in college and one on his way.
Ugh. Bad news. All Things Fun is closing its West Berlin store.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 8766161519

-- E. Gary Gygax

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Hate to see a small business, especially one that everyone seemed to love, close its doors.

Fosco
Mist Elf

Post by Fosco »

Zudrak wrote:

Got the e-mail today. Kinda bummed about that. But there is a new store in the Echelon Mall, though I think it focuses more on comics than gaming. There's also a new gaming store on Burnt Mill Road in Voorhees called "Out of the Box" I think. I'll have to stop in.

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Fosco wrote:
Zudrak wrote:

Got the e-mail today. Kinda bummed about that. But there is a new store in the Echelon Mall, though I think it focuses more on comics than gaming. There's also a new gaming store on Burnt Mill Road in Voorhees called "Out of the Box" I think. I'll have to stop in.
My cousin plays miniatures games & recommended Out of the Box. I have yet to check it out, though. There is a gaming store, Top Deck Games, nearer to me but I had been a longtime ATF customer so I had only been there once before. That will have to change -- and I will have to get over to Out of the Box too.

-- E. Gary Gygax

Fosco
Mist Elf

Post by Fosco »

Zudrak wrote:
Fosco wrote:
Zudrak wrote:

My cousin plays miniatures games & recommended Out of the Box. I have yet to check it out, though. There is a gaming store, Top Deck Games, nearer to me but I had been a longtime ATF customer so I had only been there once before. That will have to change -- and I will have to get over to Out of the Box too.
I've been to Top Deck before. I like that there are two semi-private gaming rooms separate from the comics part of the shop.

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Fosco wrote:
Zudrak wrote:
Fosco wrote:
Zudrak wrote:

I've been to Top Deck before. I like that there are two semi-private gaming rooms separate from the comics part of the shop.
It was crowded the first time I was there and empty the second. The crowded visit precluded me from looking toward the back and I did not think to check it out the second time, as I was scooping up a set of dice en route to a game. Next time, I'll have to take a gander.

Also, there is Wiki Tiki Games near my work, which is also near where one of my friends lives. He told me about it after he went dice-shopping. My sister and her boyfriend told me they were there buying board games recently. I'll have to check them out, too. So little time... Heh.

-- E. Gary Gygax

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Tim, Steve, Davis, Peter, etc.,

What are the chances of a Troll Con East happening now that All Things Fun has closed its West Berlin location? Are you still "on" for a big Troll Con East this year?

*hopes*

Happy gaming,
Zudrak

-- E. Gary Gygax