Gary Con!

Forums for Troll Con & Other Convention Discussions
Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Gary Con!

Post by Treebore »

We're going to have a lot of fun, you can believe that! See you Friday!
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I've taken next Friday off and am planning on going to GaryCon. See you mugs there.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:I've taken next Friday off and am planning on going to GaryCon. See you mugs there.

R-
WOOT!
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:
Rigon wrote:I've taken next Friday off and am planning on going to GaryCon. See you mugs there.

R-
WOOT!
Yup. As long as nothing major happens between now and then.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

magick3six
Ungern

Post by magick3six »

My whole family is amped and ready. Can't wait for Thursday (minus the formal junk grab at the airport), and will be open for any game of any type throughout the weekend.

Game on.

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

R-
FAntastic!! :)
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Lookin' forward to seeing old friends and meeting lots of new ones!!

Game on all ye Crusaders!!

Safe journeys to all!

:mrgreen:

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

2 games in and some good drinks with good friends. It's shaping up to be a good con.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Great Con guys! I'll have to write a lot of notes before my senile old brain makes me forget all the fun I had meeting everyone again, all the new people I got to meet, the talks I got to have with Luke and even Skip Williams in the waning hours of the Con, etc...

Not to mention the great gaming memories of flaming kobold skulls, Druids taken out by Wyverns, exploding Staves of Power, Hooker bait, 400 foot falls from chasms, Thrones of Command, vampire drow, etc....

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Pictures! We (the un-conned) demand pictures!
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Tons of boardgames
Loads of junk food
Mucho excellente choices of RPGs
Gallons of caffeine
Many gallons of New Glarus craft brews
Excellent amount of Crusaders (but we need more)
Near perfect liters of superior distilled spirits

D&D
C&C
Jousting (Chainmail rules)
Chariot racing
Le Mans sports car racing
F.I.T.S./Dawn Patrol (WWI airplane combat in the skies)
et. al.

The Trolls Lord ran a huge table of players!! Someone said like 19 or so players. Largest game I've ever seen and I think it was the largest game at GC!

Well done, Steve!

God Bless Gary!

:D

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Go0gleplex wrote:Pictures! We (the un-conned) demand pictures!
I didn't take very many pictures, but I sure should have! Its what happens when you get too wrapped up having such a good time! I really wish I took more pictures of the games I played in so I can remember everyone I met, especially for the first time.

I met Luke G., Skip Williams, lots of Kenzer crew and fans, new C&C fans, including Heather, her husband "sajFlorida", their son, Brooke, Roz, Tim, his wife, who are also from Florida, I even got the chance to talk to Gail for a few seconds and at least thank her for having the Con. I wanted to talk to her more, but she looked like she was resting, and even though she responded very warmly and friendly I made myself leave her alone.

Thanks to Shane, Brian and John for some great gaming, and to Morty, Rigon, Tim, Brooke, Roz, Gerry, Mona, Heather, Brianna, Steve W., et al for helping making the games great fun!

Oh, and John wins "Killer CK" for the weekend, he killed the most PC's over the weekend, with the most kills by falling I think I have ever seen! He even killed his own wife's character! BALLS of STEEL! Then again Mona took it all in stride, then went on to mention how he killed her first PC when they met, so...

Anyways, great fun, great memories, and had a great time seeing everyone again and meeting others for the first time. You all know who you are even if I am too senile (or too drunk right now) to remember every ones names, etc...

Oh, and Jaybird, I am going to have to pay you back for messing with my mind like that...

Gerry, it was my fault your Pringles got eaten...

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Back at work. Tired as hell, but I have a ton of great memories and many more new friends. Thanks again Morty for letting crash on the floor by the door. Jay, you are no longer allowed to give me Jamesons. Ever. Great con all around.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote: Jay, you are no longer allowed to give me Jamesons. Ever. Great con all around.

R-
Thats good, because for some reason he is completely out of it.

timburns
Ulthal

Post by timburns »

Great meeting all of you! I'll do a wrap up of the Con on the blog, including pics (including Steve's epic 20 or so people game and Rigon's sweatshirt death throw if I have it), as soon as we get a break; tons of books to be made today, so all of us are pitching in today. Thanks again for making my first big Con great fun! Tim

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

Gary Con was a blast! Best con I've been too in years. Was great finally getting to see and game with Treebore and others from the TLG forums! Great seeing Skip Williams too. Been 20 years since we coordinated conventions for RPGA, but he hasn't changed a bit. Still a great DM and awesome adventure writer. Got him in one of my C&C games. New C&C convert? lol.

Been gone from the forums for awhile. Nice to be back. Got plenty of free C&C mods for anyone who's interested. If so, let me know. :)
Promoting C&C at Gary Con and LGGC since 2005.

jaybird216
Lore Drake

Post by jaybird216 »

Rigon wrote:Back at work. Tired as hell, but I have a ton of great memories and many more new friends. Thanks again Morty for letting crash on the floor by the door. Jay, you are no longer allowed to give me Jamesons. Ever. Great con all around.

R-
"Give" is such a loose term. I wasn't the one pouring you quintiples. ;) Anyway, we'll see if you still feel that way in October!

magick3six
Ungern

Post by magick3six »

Treebore wrote: Not to mention the great gaming memories of flaming kobold skulls, Druids taken out by Wyverns, exploding Staves of Power, Hooker bait, 400 foot falls from chasms, Thrones of Command, vampire drow, etc....
My 400 foot fall of death was awesome, great people, great games, great beer, and great times. As for pictures my wife took a bunch so I'll try to get some up here in the next couple days.

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Great to meet Tim Burns and also great to see the elephant riding Troll, miller6, Treebore, Rigon, Morty, seskis and other Crusaders at the CON.

I'm just wondering why Jay was absent so much and hanging out with hawt chicks instead of us men?? :cry:

Jay, get yer priorities straight!! :lol:

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Rhuvein wrote:Jay, get yer priorities straight!! :lol:
I would vote that that was exactly what he was doing. Who wants to hang around a bunch of dudes anyway? :)

Sounds like you guys had an awesome time. Now I'm sorry I missed the event. :(

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Omote wrote:
Rhuvein wrote:Jay, get yer priorities straight!! :lol:
I would vote that that was exactly what he was doing. Who wants to hand around a bunch of dudes anyway? :)

Sounds like you guys had an awesome time. Now I'm sorry I missed the event. :(

~O
Dude, I drove right through FVP on my way. You could have had shootgun. Just sayin'.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

finerion
Mist Elf

Post by finerion »

Wow, it really sounds like everyone had a great time. Can't wait to see some of these epic pics. Going to try to make TrollCon and GenCon this year so maybe I will have a chance to get in on some of the Crusader fun. :)
Check out my video series and blog on video games and roleplaying.

The Alfred Effect

Follow me on Twitter

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Rigon wrote:Dude, I drove right through FVP on my way. You could have had shootgun. Just sayin'.
I know, I know. I done screwed up. Perhaps if you're driving within 500 feet of my house again next year... ;)

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!

jaybird216
Lore Drake

Post by jaybird216 »

Rhuvein wrote:I'm just wondering why Jay was absent so much and hanging out with hawt chicks instead of us men?? :cry:
How dare you address my new bride as such? I demand satisfaction, sirrah! :lol:

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

jaybird216 wrote:
Rhuvein wrote:I'm just wondering why Jay was absent so much and hanging out with hawt chicks instead of us men?? :cry:
How dare you address my new bride as such? I demand satisfaction, sirrah! :lol:
Well . .

you are a good lookin' dude, very intelligent, funny and creative ~ so as an artiste you no doubt attract the ladies.

But, since you are jokester and a trickster, I suppose you are kidding about the marriage.

On the other hand, you are one crazy bastard - who probably did duck out of the CON to go get married!!

Well done, good sir - congrats!! :mrgreen:

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

He didn't get married. He was just messing with our minds. If I make Con on the Cob I vote we keel haul him a few times in the pool!

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Treebore wrote:He didn't get married. He was just messing with our minds. If I make Con on the Cob I vote we keel haul him a few times in the pool!
Would not someone need to bring a keel for that to work properly?
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I can make it to Con on the Cob... I'll bring the boat!!!

~O
VAE VICTUS!

bloodymage
Hlobane Orc

Post by bloodymage »

It was great for me as well. Still tough-going, bit it was great to be with gamers again. Met some folks, for sure, but my joy is always running my stuff. Didn't participate in any C&C to speak of (missed my event), but I did sit in on one of seskis' sessions for awhile. Met a few Crusaders there and chatted with a few around the Troll's table. Did want to give a shout out to Smokin'! You weren't what I expected, my man, but it was a pleasure talkin' at you!

Well. I've been to GenCon (West and Indy), Origins, even GAMA, with a host of other cons in between and now, GaryCon. Now, I just need to make a TrollCon (btw, the other biggie, DragonCon, I have no interest in, it's too big)!

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

A few random pics I grabbed that others took:

Left to right - Geekpreacher, ExTSR (Frank), Brian and meself.

Thurs afternoon at the CON - GP, me, grodog, Donovan and Patrick.

Snow Sat morning.

Jean Pierre Ruvanne (yellow 3) driving the Joest Porsche again this year - taking a sharp turn in 3rd gear!

grodog's Castle Greyhawk Black resevoir ~ he and I discussing the current fate of my 7th level dwarf fighter!! 8O

Still scrounging for pics as I didn't take very many shots this year!

:)