Gen Con (Pre-)Registration

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
Omote
Battle Stag

Re: Gen Con (Pre-)Registration

Post by Omote »

Haha, P-Dog, you say that you have these great 2-hour adventures AND you're not going to run any games at the GenCon? Shoot, you're just leading us on man. FOR SHAME! ;)

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

As of today, it's looking like the pickings for C&C at GenCon are pretty slim. Yrrrgh.
- "I just happen to prefer games where the GM actually has final say on rules and is not just the wall to roll dice off to decide what happens."

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Damn! We're just going to have to keep each other in the loop on these MBs as to where the C&C games are. We need to game with Argo again!

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

I may see what I can come up with for some short late-night off-the-board shizzle after I get all my wishlist tix bought. After about 9 pm, I've found it's hard to find anything short of blowing through Tower of Gygax.
- "I just happen to prefer games where the GM actually has final say on rules and is not just the wall to roll dice off to decide what happens."

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I know there is a guy who is going to run an (off-grid) EPIC C&C adventure where the PCs are 24th level! This game is going to be on Wednesday (probably evening or night). Not sure of the exact time, location, or the availability. I'll keep y'all posted.

Since there are so few official C&C games at GenCon, it's going to be hard to get into any of them. TLG had mentioned they are going to sport a sign-up sheet at their booth for C&C games. Hopefully this will happen and make the coordination process... exist!

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Post by Snoring Rock »

Hey, I am kind of dissapointed. I am all in for GenCon this year and cannot wait. There is only one C&C game on the events grid and I have to just show up with generic tickets and hope I get in. I can taste the dissapoitment already. Not good.

What would it take to get some C&C games going? Is it that there are so few of us out there? There are quite a few AD&D games going. Last year there were like only a few. I expected C&C to keep pace. After the inital onset of Pathfinder, and all of the oldies like me leaving it for rules light systems...I just expect more on the grid.

How do I get my Con's worth of playing? Must I start my own off-grid game?

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Apparently us C&Cers are just too lazy to register events officially at GenCon, because you can be damn sure that there are many of us who want to play! This thread alone confirms the amount of off-grid C&Cing that can be done at Genny!

We'll make it happen gentlemen! Let's do it!

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

Hey Snoring Rock, I understand how you feel, looking at the events list and not seeing much. That being said, a lot of cool gaming, maybe the best, goes on all around the ticketed events. My brother and I normally run marathon length adventures at GenCon, but this year, we decided to go light. Why? Once you get to know folks on the boards and in the Castles & Crusades Society, you can plan on playing all Con long completely off the grid. As a matter of fact, we are planning lotsSc of games, one of which is at Scotty's Brewpub on Friday night. The whole pub is going to be dedicated to the gaming crowd, and even more so to the TLG crowd. So, the Society members are already trading phone numbers, making plans, etc.

I found that ticketed events are the only way to play if you don't know anyone and it's your first time going, but really, once you make new friends, join some groups like the Society, then the real gaming happens off the radar. I suffered greatly my first year at GenCon....too late to get tickets for cool games...didn't know anyone...my brother and I wondered about aimlessly. Are you a member of the Society? If not, swing over to http://www.castlesandcrusades.ning.com and join up, because this is exactly what everyone is chatting about right now.

Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Post by Snoring Rock »

This is my third year. I was playing Pathfinder, but just switched to C&C. I met Steve last year and broke down and bought the books. I moved last September and I in a small town now. So I have not formed a new gaming group. I am in need of some gaming action bad. I hope to get in on some good stuff at GenCon.