View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Flyer in Mail 
Ulthal

Post Flyer in Mail
I just got a card in the mail today for The Crusader. Free adventure with subscription. I talked with wife, looks like I am getting another subscription! (after not having had one since it first started).

Awesome 'post card' BTW.

-George Washington

Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:35 pm
Red Cap

I got sucked in too and just subscribed for the first time ever! Looking forward to seeing what the magazine is all about.

Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:33 pm
Lore Drake

Kind'a bites for all of us that have current subscriptions, even some of us (me) that extended their subscription before the old one ran out.

Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:02 am
Ulthal

I got the card today too. Do you know what the free adventure is?

Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:13 am
Greater Lore Drake

Me three! How do you all like Crusader? is it worth the money? At this point (having never read one), should I just wait for the "Best of"?

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:36 am
Cleric of Zagyg

I got one too and wasn't sure why, as I'm subscribed through the end of the year (and they are a tad behind) . . unless it was a mass mailing.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:36 am
Unkbartig

But I renewed my subscription three weeks ago.

John Adams

Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:37 am
Profile WWW
Lore Drake

I got three, but one was for somebody in Las Vegas (which is a few miles from Kansas City).

Know your roll!

Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:43 pm
Renegade Mage

Well, for those who are only part way through a subscription, I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue to renew your subscription early. A lot of magazines do allow for it after all. For a period of years, my significant other used to get a subscription to Time magazine as a gift from her father. However, there was a period where Time sent out multiple reminders. Consequently, he re-subscribed more than once.
When I get this notification in the mail, I'll be happy to re-sub. I started my subscription back in January so I guess I'm about three-quarters through since they have been 'almost' monthly.

However, if you are not re-subscribing or if you have already done so recently, this might be a great way to get a couple of friends to subscribe as well. More subscribers will mean possible growth in the magazine which we ALL benefit from as readers of the mag.

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:56 pm
Lore Drake

moriarty777 wrote:
More subscribers will mean possible growth in the magazine which we ALL benefit from as readers of the mag.

M

I'm getting my buddy a subscription for the sole reason of getting him away from my issues (he borrows them before I can read it all the way through).

Know your roll!

Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:01 pm
Ulthal

I had a subscription for 2 to 6, then did not renew. I really liked the magazine, but 4e started sucking my money for a while. Now it is not. I have that out of my system

-George Washington

Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:20 pm
Unkbartig

I got my postcard too. Still love the art.

But Crusader's features are too hit or miss for me and too many of the regular columns aren't my style for me to feel inclined to subscribe.

I'd rather buy at the FLGS to support them anyway, but I admit the last Cruasder I bought was more out of guilt since the store owner ordered for me without asking first. (Now he knows to wait until I ask for it before he gets it.) The issue in question, though, wasn't anything that would have had made me buy it.

I'll continue getting Crusader on as needed basis because sometimes the issues ARE pure gold through and through. Just not every time.

Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:58 pm
Red Cap

anglefish wrote:
I'll continue getting Crusader on as needed basis because sometimes the issues ARE pure gold through and through. Just not every time.

Not every time? How can you possibly say that any of the issues are anything less than perfection? Well, any of the issues I had anything to do with, anyway. Seriously, I know we can't please everyone every time, but I've been impressed with the fact that the last few issues I've done layout on have had C&C adventures included with them. That's something I've always liked to have in my gaming magazines, at least.

Drop Jim and Steve a line and let them know what you'd like to see more or less of, and that goes for everybody. If enough people tell them the same thing, I know they'll try to make it happen.

Also, I'm with Moriarty--I'm pretty sure that if you ask, you can get the free adventure if you renew your subscription now whether you need to yet or not. And if you just did it only a few days before getting the flyer, ask about that, too. Squeaky wheel, and all that.

Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]