View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 24, 2019 1:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Crusader Issue #19 
Red Cap

serleran wrote:
Have it. No article on the Society. I'll assume that is in #20...

You are correct, sir!

Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:45 pm
Red Cap

Frost wrote:
One small quibble, where is the map for the "Ambushed Times Three" adventure?

I never received a map with the adventure when I was putting the issue together, I'm afraid.

Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:50 pm
Beer Giant Jarl

Ah well, no big deal. The adventure is simple enough and doesn't seem to require the map too much.

Baron of the Pitt
Castles & Crusades Society
The Dungeoneering Dad

The Dungeoneering Dad

Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:04 pm
Profile WWW
Ungern

Guys and Dolls is a sweetly evil article. I'll definitely have to use such ideas in the near future.
Julian grimm wrote:

I have other terms for that article; creepy, wrong and spawned from the pits of hell are among them.

I hate dolls.

I'm very glad to have been of service gentlemen, and it is great to hear some feedback. Being in the UK I haven't seen Crusader 19 myself, but it sounds juicy and I'm delighted to be part of it. Though the very notion of my imagination connecting via spawn to the pits of hell is really too flattering!

Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:05 pm
Lore Drake

DougP wrote:
No #19 for me, my LGS only had #16 with no ETA on anything more recent.

I guess I should subscribe....

My LGS hasnt carried anything more recent then #6.

Know your roll!

Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:13 pm
Maukling

CharlieRock wrote:
My LGS hasnt carried anything more recent then #6.

Ugh. My FLGS got one issue in, in an attempt to get me to start buying from them instead of subbing - it was issue #9 and the current issue was #11 or something like that. I guess they tried, at least...

Quote:
Troll Lord wrote:
Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

Troll Lord wrote:
Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:32 pm
Red Cap

Picked up my issue of #19 today from the jolly nice chaps at Role-n-Play, and I have to say tha this is very nice issue indeed. The magazone has just kept getting better with every issue lately, and this time I feel the need to froth at length. I apologise in advance; please indulge me.

I very much enjoyed Jim's editorial. For the record, I share Jim's conviction of the necessity of happy endings. If I want nihilistic bleakness, or see the powerless crushed underfoot, or see innocence trampled under a stampede of cynicism and avarice I can watch the news for free, or just look out of my window. I just don't find tragedy entertaining, that's the thing, and I fork over my hard-earned to be entertained.

Now, at last, I know what people were frothing over the new Barbarian for; that is a gorgeous bit of art, and the new ideas do indeed convey the concept of a "feared savage" much better than previous versions. I'm reminded irresistably of something akin to a rogue lion, unwelcome in civilised and "barbarous" lands alike, yet part of the makeup of the whole place. I've previously tended to ignore the barbarian as a class anyway, but this might just get me to change my mind; it fits into my Broken Kingdom all too well.

Tim's Grumbles are always a good read, and this was no exception. Our first early groups also quickly saw the advantageof hiring plenty of meat-shie-err, valued helpers. Yeah, valued helpers; that's it. Ahem.

Guys and Dolls was deliciously nasty. Keith, you are a strange and disturbing man. I salute you!

The CKG previews are going to be the death of me. I WANT, damnit!

The Halls of Adventure sound wonderful In the early 90s I made ful and massive use of White Dwarf's old Marienburg articles for similar reasons, and bits of Potion Square showed up all over the place in numerous incarnations. This sounds better by far. My poor wallet; have you people no mercy at all?

Keith's Battlefields article is exceent food for thought. Another coup. I'm not one to impose psychological reactions on player characters unless they're seriously up for it, but still, lots of goodness here.

Could've used a slightly longer lead time for the competition; I'm useless at hitting deadlines, even when they're not barely a day away. Love his beard, though.

A tower! Scrummy.

Ambushed x Three and Baked Askalan are two great little adventures. Joe, Christina, my thanks. First rate stuff.

Here's Jim after my poor, violated wallet again. A whole tower! With keys and goodies and all sorts. And of course, that's just a taste of the adventuring ambrosia kept within a certain boxed set... Lemme alone! I've got a leccy bill!

Y'know, I haven't yet read a single one of the Lothin Princes stories. One of these evenings I'm going to settle down with a nice cuppa and do the lot of 'em.

Ending on a triumphant note, Stephen brings us a smashing Aihrdian beastie, and a mount for all one's travelling needs to boot. Beats the hell out of Pegasus.

Given that I treated myself to Mismal Wyrms as well today (I've been promising it to myself for about a year now), and this is truly a weekend for wallowing in critter-based fun.

And we're done. A great issue; I keep saying the mag's getting better each month, but it keeps being true. This one felt particularly meaty to read, too, and the physical aspects of it, the print and paper quality, remain excellent.

Well done, guys! You're doing great!

Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:32 pm
Red Cap

That was a deeply appreciated commentary on my magazine. I absolutely want to hear that the magazine just keeps getting better and better, because I and many talented others are trying very hard to make it better and better. I promised people who decided to subscribe at the beginning of the year that this magazine would be amazing this year and I think that has been true with the last few issues and even more so and I look at a finished 20 and an almost finished 21.

I will tell you two more things. I really like doing this magazine and enjoy taking the mostly good comments and the bad comments and building a better product.

Steve Chenault is the guiding light begind this magazine. He lets me do what I want, but he also makes suggestions and adds an incredible amount of detail tot he magazine. It's his constantly pushing for more crunchy bits that make it a better and better read.

James M. Ward

Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:42 pm
Ungern

Quote:
Guys and Dolls was deliciously nasty. Keith, you are a strange and disturbing man. I salute you!

and

Quote:
Quote:
Keith's Battlefields article is exceent food for thought. Another coup. I'm not one to impose psychological reactions on player characters unless they're seriously up for it, but still, lots of goodness here.

Thanks very much Sundog - I'm glad to hear that these little offerings reached you and made a mark, and I'm grateful for the feedback; this was my first time out in Crusader (or anything like it), so always a bonus to hear what people thought.

Cheers

Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:35 pm
Hlobane Orc

WooHoo! Got #19 from FLGS and I''ve now got it on standing order!!!!

So far looks great BUT the competition is already over No chance for entry over this side of 'the Pond'.......(any chance for a longer time period for any such future comps?)

....still, at least I'm getting Crusader now
D.

Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:45 pm
Beer Giant Jarl

I would like to pass on my compliments as well. The Crusader really is getting better and better. There is much more stuff that be plugged into the game (i.e., crunch) and that is great in my book.

Baron of the Pitt
Castles & Crusades Society
The Dungeoneering Dad

The Dungeoneering Dad

Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:32 pm
Profile WWW
Mist Elf

Hurm...Ambushed X 3 had a map when it was submitted.

Fairly straightforward tho...
I hoped that you all liked it

Joe Damiani

The debt we owe to the play of imagination is incalculable. C. Jung

Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2