View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Issue 18! 
Greater Lore Drake

saw it got put on the store page finally. May get it next month... pending...

Baron Grignak Hammerhand of the Pacifica Provinces-

High Warden of the Castles & Crusades Society

Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:02 pm
Red Cap

Looks like something's definitely gone wrong then, if US subscribers are still waiting. My copy showed up at the FLGS on Monday, and I was able to fetch it today.

Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:27 pm
Mist Elf

James M. Ward wrote:
I always appreciate hearing from new subscribers and especially when they give the magazine such kind words.

I still need to keep pushing the "please subscribe" button to make us finally profitable. Right now Steve is publishing CRUSADER in the hopes that more people will subscribe. I just proofread the pages of 19 and they are great. I've sent in many articles for issue 20 to be typeset. We are still a bit behind, but every day we come closer to getting on time.

James M. Ward

Managing Editor

CRUSADER

Has 19 shipped out from the Trolls?

I have issues 14-18 from my subscription and I have enjoyed all of them!

Finally got around to reading the continued story after reading the installment in issue 14 and I am looking forward to more!

Planning to re-subscribe before I get issue 25 for my final current subscription copy!

Hammer

Minister of War

Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:08 pm
Red Cap

DangerDwarf wrote:
Another great issue.

I've got one minor quibble though, not necessarily with this issue but the Crusader in general.

Advertisements for TLG stuff.

Could we get advertisements that don't use release dates that glaringly point out that some products aren't making the release schedule?

I don't mind the delays in TLG production, but I do wince at adverts that point it out so readily. usually at least 1-2 per issue.

For example, in #18 the advertisement for the A-Series glaringly shows how far behind these modules have fallen. About 5 modules off in regards to what the add suggests. Maybe the trolls could do some less date oriented ads for the mag.

You're absolutely right, and it's been a quibble on the production end of things too. However, after talking about the magazine this weekend at Troll Con, hopefully things will change on that front. Beforehand, I would get copies of the finished ads in a "flattened" .tif format to insert into magazines and keep on my computer in an ad archive. Now, I should be receiveing all ads in their original layered Photoshop versions, so if something does have a specific release date on it which needs to be changed later, I can easily do it from my end of things without having to bother Steve about it.

"Coming Soon" is always a safe phrase to use...unless it's the CKG, of course!

Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:13 pm
Red Cap

I met Liz at Troll Con this last weekend and she is a delight. Her husband is a lucky man. She collected a lot of B&W art to make things smoother on the page making end of CRUSADER.

I'd also like to go on record as saying the few people that had problems with their magazines being delivered had those problems taken care of the next day by Steve.

Please seriously consider getting a subscription if you don't have one. The magazine will continue to improve almost with every issue. 20 is in the can and I'm starting to get 21 assembled.

James M. Ward

Managing Editor

Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3