Just subscribed...

The Journal of Intrepid Adventurers.
Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Just subscribed...

Post by Frost »

The 12th Day of X-Mas deal was too good to pass up, so I subscribed. I'm really looking forward to some monthly C&C goodness.

Baron of the Pitt
Castles & Crusades Society
The Dungeoneering Dad

James M. Ward

Post by James M. Ward »

Thanks a lot for subscribing. I need a bunch more of you readers signing up so that I can make the Crusader even better. Right now it's going to become a 36 page magazine, but if I can get a bunch more people signing up I might be able to make it a 48 pager by the end of next year.

best to you all,

James M. Ward

Managing Editor

Crusader

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

My re-subscription is 'pending'.
I've emailed my order since the paypal button will not take into account the extra shipping for Canadian orders. It lists Canada pricing as an additional $0 in the paypal checkout process.

I sent my order to both the 'orders' address as well as the 'troll' address.

Hopefully I will get word in the days ahead.

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I've also recently resubscribed. 12 more issues. 12 more good days of work hours lost.
-O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Plaag
Red Cap

Post by Plaag »

Just resubscribed...so when's #14 ship?
ShaneG.

James M. Ward

Post by James M. Ward »

14 should be shipping this week the 30th. I know this because we don't want to change the volume number on the cover so it's going in the mail on the 31.

the only thing stopping it would be the magic of the ancients. Sometimes those ancients can get really nasty.

best,

James M. Ward

Managing Editor

mgtremaine
Ulthal

Post by mgtremaine »

I subscribed also, which is a pretty big deal for me in my 40 years I've only subscribed to 3 magazines that I can remember [Sky & Telescope, Linux Journal,. Sorcerers Apprentice] so I'm looking forward to something great!

-MIke

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Heh, ya. Life used to be so much simpler when I could go to the Command Post on Convoy Street (San Diego) and get my gaming stuff.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

James M. Ward wrote:
Thanks a lot for subscribing. I need a bunch more of you readers signing up so that I can make the Crusader even better. Right now it's going to become a 36 page magazine, but if I can get a bunch more people signing up I might be able to make it a 48 pager by the end of next year.

best to you all,

James M. Ward

Managing Editor

Crusader

Will this be the November or December issue. And if it is December will it be the 36 pages and will we be monthly after that? I asked this in another thread but got no response and I am getting a bit frustrated with waiting two months for my next issue.

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Julian Grimm wrote:
Will this be the November or December issue. And if it is December will it be the 36 pages and will we be monthly after that? I asked this in another thread but got no response and I am getting a bit frustrated with waiting two months for my next issue.

Issue 14, as I understand it, went out in the mail today.

Issue 15 should follow in January at some point. So its still monthly, and has been for a little while.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

mgtremaine
Ulthal

Post by mgtremaine »

gideon_thorne wrote:
Heh, ya. Life used to be so much simpler when I could go to the Command Post on Convoy Street (San Diego) and get my gaming stuff.

Oh man! Command Post! that store was amazing! I would ride my skateboard from Tierrasanta over the I-15 just browse all the cool new stuff.

-Mike

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

mgtremaine wrote:
Oh man! Command Post! that store was amazing! I would ride my skateboard from Tierrasanta over the I-15 just browse all the cool new stuff.

-Mike

I practically grew up in the place. The folks who ran it were friends of my parents, who ran the San Diego Costume Company, and several were part of the same reenactment groups.

Peter Bradley

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

gideon_thorne wrote:
Issue 14, as I understand it, went out in the mail today.

Issue 15 should follow in January at some point. So its still monthly, and has been for a little while.

Cept I'll be getting Novembers issue in December.

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

So? If you get each new one each month, it is still monthly. This is especially true if the issue is not ready until the end of the month, where it must be shipped requiring it to not arrive until the following month.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

I understand October was late. But it shouldn't have thrown the whole schedule off. So October came in November, November looks to come in January, and December looks to be in February.

Maybe it's just a pet peeve but I would have liked November in November and December in December.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

BTW, in November it was hinted that #14 was close to being finished leading to assumptions that #14 would be right behind #13 and fixing the schedule problems.
Quote:
We diverted a little from this, but not by much.

Just so you know 14 is also almost in the can and could be printing by the end of next week with any luck.

This was posted on November 18th. I'm not trying to be overly critical here but I would some answers to the schedule problems that arose from #13's lateness and also know how the almost two months behind issue will be fixed.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

She shipped out today. Christmas sale overwhelmed us a bit. Lots of folks scrambling to get the Gygax and d20 material before it goes away.

But I saw it ship out to subscribers today.

Thanks!

Steve

He who sits on the elephants back

Castle and Crusade Society
[email protected]

James M. Ward

Post by James M. Ward »

Julian,

I'm sorry you didn't get a quick answer where ever you first posted your question. You are also correct in thinking that if we are calling this magazine monthly you should have it in that month.

I explained that we had a hiccup because of a death in the family. And we did send two magazines in one month.

Steve the Publisher and I, as the Managing Editor are working toward delivering the magazine early in every month. We just haven't gotten it all together yet. The magazine operates on the contributions of the readers and they don't get paid for any of their good thoughts. Steve and now I have been writing more and more in the magazine.

We will get issue 15 out in January. It will be 36 pages. Subscribers like you and others will never get cheated. You ask for 6 or 12 issues of the magazine and when we miss you will still get that many issues.

We beg for your patience as we work out the kinks in trying to give you more and more in the magazine.

Respectfully,

James M. Ward

Managing Editor

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Looking forward to reading my new subscription later this month when I get back to the States!

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

James M. Ward wrote:
Julian,

I'm sorry you didn't get a quick answer where ever you first posted your question. You are also correct in thinking that if we are calling this magazine monthly you should have it in that month.

I explained that we had a hiccup because of a death in the family. And we did send two magazines in one month.

Steve the Publisher and I, as the Managing Editor are working toward delivering the magazine early in every month. We just haven't gotten it all together yet. The magazine operates on the contributions of the readers and they don't get paid for any of their good thoughts. Steve and now I have been writing more and more in the magazine.

We will get issue 15 out in January. It will be 36 pages. Subscribers like you and others will never get cheated. You ask for 6 or 12 issues of the magazine and when we miss you will still get that many issues.

We beg for your patience as we work out the kinks in trying to give you more and more in the magazine.

Respectfully,

James M. Ward

Managing Editor

Gotcha. I would also like to apologize for being a bit combative in my earlier posts. The holidays don't do my moods well and it's been a rough week or so. It's no excuse, but there it is.

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

I'm eager to get my first issue... must be traveling on horseback to PA...

Baron of the Pitt
The Dungeoneering Dad

Jackal
Ulthal

Post by Jackal »

TheFrost wrote:
I'm eager to get my first issue... must be traveling on horseback to PA...

I think you'll find it worth the wait. Since Mr. Ward has come into the picture the Crusader is looking better than ever. It's coming out more or less monthly, has increased in size and has more of interest each issue. That last bit is really saying something as I've always enjoyed the content of the Crusader.

In fact, all of these improvements have started several article ideas bouncing around in my head and I need to get them on paper soon or they're going to force the issue.

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

Yep, I got issue 14 and 15 yesterday (there was a small subscription hiccup). This stuff is great. I'm really going to enjoying getting this magazine once a month.

Baron of the Pitt
The Dungeoneering Dad

Lucifer_Draconus
Hlobane Orc

Post by Lucifer_Draconus »

I'm thinking of subscribing to the 'zine. But first I'm ordering one or two recent issues to get a feel for it before I decide.

RIP Gary Gygax you will be missed.

CharlieRock

Post by CharlieRock »

Iam_Who_Iam wrote:
I'm thinking of subscribing to the 'zine. But first I'm ordering one or two recent issues to get a feel for it before I decide.

Get #15, if you get one at all.

Know your roll!

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

#12 is cool too...

(ok - really shameless plug here.... )

Ilshara: Lands of Exile:
http://johnwright281.tripod.com/

High Squire of the C&C Society
www.cncsociety.org
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I was finally able to renew today. Steve even said he could start me with issue 15, so I won't miss any. Ordered the newest HH and A modules too.

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.