Got my Crusader #13!

The Journal of Intrepid Adventurers.
dachda
Lore Drake

Got my Crusader #13!

Post by dachda »

It's an interesting mix of looking backwards and forwards.

Backward looking with the last of the Gary Gygax "how it all happened' articles totaling 7 pages!, then Steve and Mark give us 3 pages about the amazing rush to get UW, SS, ToA printed in time for Gen Con. (Kudos to all for the long hours, especially Peter for the "15 hour days and weekends too")

Then the future is shown, with Steve's sample chapter on NPCs from the (soon to be a reality, I hope) CKG. And Mike Stewart putting in a few pages showing off the upcoming Arms & Armor.

Plus there are a number of other goodies. Not as much crunch as some past Crusaders, but good reading nevertheless.

Look to your mailboxes, fellas!!

Margrave and Knight of Portlandia
Castles & Crusades Society

Plaag
Red Cap

Post by Plaag »

Just got mine now too.

Only question is regarding getting 12 months..where is the paypal button that allows me to do so on the site? (I could only find the 6 month deal)

ShaneG.

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

Received mine as well.

A fitting transitional issue, as dachda said, "closing the loop" so to speak on the past and giving a good vibe and path for the future.

Well done again guys. Keep 'em coming!

(I especially liked the inside-front-cover announcement of the three A mods for Dec, Jan & Feb. - looking forward to these!)

Ilshara: Lands of Exile:
http://johnwright281.tripod.com/

High Squire of the C&C Society
www.cncsociety.org
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

Maliki
Lore Drake

Post by Maliki »

Sounds good, I was hoping to find this in my mailbox today, but no luck, maybe Monday.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I got mine today. Definitely a lot of good reading! So did Steve get those dice or not?

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

*chuckles* That article was an ....edited... version. If Steve and I put out even half the stuff we talk about, we'd have to leave the country... maybe even the planet.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Got mine today and only paged through it. Looks excellent. I will read it tomorrow.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

gideon_thorne wrote:
*chuckles* That article was an ....edited... version. If Steve and I put out even half the stuff we talk about, we'd have to leave the country... maybe even the planet.

Hey now, you know what they say about a Tease!!

Margrave and Knight of Portlandia
Castles & Crusades Society

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Hmmm. I haven't checked the mail in a day or three. May have to make a trip out there today.

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Post by cuchulainkevin »

Got mine yesterday. Looks good. I liked Gary's article that dealt with the creation of TSR. It was a good peek at the CKG section on npc's.

The highlight was Sieg's Arms and armor preview- That product has moved into the must buy category. It looks well written, well illustrated, and provides a nice insight into the differences/history among weapons and armor. At 1st glance the crunchy bit looks cool.

morty
A Room Zoom Zoom. A Room Zoom Zoom. Gilly Gilly Gilly Gilly Ot Zat Za Come open the magic door with me, With your imagination there's so much we can see. There is a doorway that leads to a place. I'll find my way by the smile on your face.
Ah room zoom zoom, ah room zoom zoom. gilly gilly gilly gilly, gilly ah sa sa. Come through the magic door with me and see the things you never dreamed you'll see.

jeff
Ungern

Post by jeff »

I'm gonna have to check my FLGS. They order it for me every month. (Although they never did get #11.)

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

I agree 13 was a great transitional issue. I also may have to pick up a copy of Airships since the game looks good and is something I am interested in.

I'm wondering, with the transition, will there be a new volume number on issue 14?

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

James M. Ward

Post by James M. Ward »

We change volume numbers with every January issue. I'm glad to see the airship article was of interest. I want to talk about a good game in every issue so that some of you can make fun buying choices.

It's the same thing with the book reviews that are coming up. Remember that with issue 15 in December Crusader goes to 36 pages!

James M. Ward

Managing Editor

Crusader

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Yes, read through some of Issue #13 this morning. Good stuff, like usual. As for 36 pages, there is always room for more Aihrdian Chronicles stuff.
But I do have to say that the big honkin' advertisement on the inside cover (nice painting BTW) for A5, A6, and A7 is cool and all, but c'mon... Are those release dates serious? C'mon.
-O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Mine arrived Saturday, and like usual, was curled in the mail box. Thank you for putting heavier cardstock covers on these. That greatly helps prevent permanent damage.

Oh, and do not think I am complaining. I get these for free, so I have no reason to moan. I'm just saying I am very happy that the cover was sturdier -- I can straighten it out easier.

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Which reminds me... I still have to renew... need to do that tonight. Haven't received 13 yet but as a Canadian Subscriber, I'm accustomed to having to wait longer (for one reason or another).

Hopefully 13 will be in my box today... but if it arrives in my box by the end of the week I will be freakin' ecstatic!

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

Maliki
Lore Drake

Post by Maliki »

Got mine today,

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

OMOTE!!!

A5 is done and we are working over A6. We are really going to work toward a monthly release until that series is DONE!!!!!!

Keep the faith man. Keep the faith.
Steve

He who sits on the elephants back

Castle and Crusade Society
[email protected]

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Omote wrote:
But I do have to say that the big honkin' advertisement on the inside cover (nice painting BTW) for A5, A6, and A7 is cool and all, but c'mon... Are those release dates serious? C'mon.

I've still not managed to move beyond the inside of the front cover. I'm still staring at the advert in disbelief.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Troll Lord wrote:
OMOTE!!!

A5 is done and we are working over A6. We are really going to work toward a monthly release until that series is DONE!!!!!!

Keep the faith man. Keep the faith.
Steve

GAH! Don't yell at me. I'm sorry Mr. Troll man. It was foolish of me to make such a statement. Consider my faith as strong as ever. Hallelujah!!!

Nice advertisment and cover painting BTW.

-O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

DangerDwarf wrote:
I've still not managed to move beyond the inside of the front cover. I'm still staring at the advert in disbelief.

Et tu!???

Steve

[email protected]

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Omote wrote:
GAH! Don't yell at me. I'm sorry Mr. Troll man. It was foolish of me to make such a statement. Consider my faith as strong as ever. Hallelujah!!!

Nice advertisment and cover painting BTW.

-O

Steve

[email protected]

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Troll Lord wrote:
Et tu!???

Steve

Its from shock on how bad the art sucks. ^_~`

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

James M. Ward

Post by James M. Ward »

Art is very subjective, but from my experience (30+ years in the hobby industry) I think that piece of art is fantastic. It's a dynamic battle scene. The two figures are in the proper proportions. It's an exciting piece of action that I can easily imagine myself doing. Plust it gives fans of C&C some great information and I bet my buddy Steve hits those deadlines.

best,

James M. Ward

Managing Editor

Crusader

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

James M. Ward wrote:
Art is very subjective, but from my experience (30+ years in the hobby industry) I think that piece of art is fantastic. It's a dynamic battle scene. The two figures are in the proper proportions. It's an exciting piece of action that I can easily imagine myself doing. Plust it gives fans of C&C some great information and I bet my buddy Steve hits those deadlines.

best,

James M. Ward

Managing Editor

Crusader

*grins* Its my art dude. I'm picking on myself. I do that.

Peter Bradley

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

What else do you do to yourself?

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Can't comment... still waiting... and hoping... that 13 will be in my Mailbox today!

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Julian Grimm wrote:
What else do you do to yourself?

Why? Has living in MO turned you into some sort of weirdie voyeur? There are all kinds of shops for that along the highway squire.

Peter Bradley

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

gideon_thorne wrote:
Why? Has living in MO turned you into some sort of weirdie voyeur? There are all kinds of shops for that along the highway squire.

And how do you know those shops?

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Julian Grimm wrote:
And how do you know those shops?

I passed em on the highway every time I went to Archon. Kinda hard to miss a pink building with pink dayglow lights.

Peter Bradley