Troll Lord Games
https://trolllord.com/forums/

Crusader: List of Adventures and Encounters
https://trolllord.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12255
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Aergraith [ Fri May 04, 2012 5:57 am ]
Post subject:  Crusader: List of Adventures and Encounters

Here is a list of encounters and adventures found in Crusader magazine. It's very likely incomplete due to my poor skimming skills and shifting standards for what constitutes an adventure or encounter. Besides these, there are many free maps and descriptions of people and places that I didn't quite think were adventures, but if you think one should be on this list, please say so.

Perhaps those who have played these can review them.

Adventure Name (Level range, CL range)

Crusader #5:
One Night Stands by Bill Webb:
- The Barrow Mounds (8-12, CL 6-8)
- Crystal Cave (Mid to High, CL 4-6)
- The Crypt (4-8, CL 6-8)

Crusader #6:
One Night Stands by Bill Webb:
- The Lost Genie (High)

Crusader #9:
- Slippery Slop by Joe Damiani (1-2)

Crusader #12:
- Danovar's Desire by John William Wright (1-2)

Crusader #14:
- Goblin's Tower by James M. Ward
(this is a one sheet that was generated from Towers of Adventure, rooms are populated but not described)

Crusader #15:
- Darker Shade of Ale by John William Wright (3-4)

Crusader #17:
- Tyman's Taunting Tower by Christina Stiles (5-7)

Crusader #18:
- Didjer's Crab House by Christina Stiles (5-7?)

Crusader #19:
- Ambushed Times Three by Joe Damiani (4-6)
- Baked Askalan by Christina Stiles (4-6)
- Wizard's Tower by James M. Ward

Crusader #20:
- If You Go Down To The Woods Today by Michael Davis (3-5)

Crusader #21:
- Jorath's Last Trick by John William Wright (4-6)

Crusader #23:
- The Crystal Crypt by John William Wright (7-9)
(Ultimate Crypt #1)

Crusader #24:
- The Hunt by Davis Chenault (5-6)

Crusader #25:
- Stairway to the Gods by John William Wright (7-9?)
(Ultimate Crypt #3)

Crusader #26:
- Into the Darkness by Kim Hartsfield (5-7)

Crusader #27:
- Secrets Under Stonebrook by Eric Piper (1)

Author:  Omote [ Fri May 04, 2012 12:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusader: List of Adventures and Encounters

Awesome. Thank you Aergraith.

~O

Author:  tylermo [ Fri May 04, 2012 3:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusader: List of Adventures and Encounters

Crud. I own all but the last one or two issues of Crusader. I've racked my brain to find short adventures for con-length sessions. I've already used Dwarven Glory, and 4 or 5 of TLG's pdf-only adventures at a couple of cons. Just submitted my games last night, including one of my own(uugghh), a very shortened Rising Knight, and the Mythnoc Cairns from DB 1:Haunted Highlands. I hope those work well enough time-wise. Otherwise, I suspect the Crusader offerings would have been shorter. Thanks for the list. Maybe I'll use them at another con in October. :)

Author:  MormonYoYoMan [ Fri May 04, 2012 3:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusader: List of Adventures and Encounters

Aergraith wrote:
- Stairway to the Gods by John William Wright (7-9?)


?? I thought this was by Jimmy Page and Robert Plant?

Author:  Aergraith [ Fri May 04, 2012 7:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusader: List of Adventures and Encounters

tylermo wrote:
Crud. I own all but the last one or two issues of Crusader. I've racked my brain to find short adventures for con-length sessions. I've already used Dwarven Glory, and 4 or 5 of TLG's pdf-only adventures at a couple of cons. Just submitted my games last night, including one of my own(uugghh), a very shortened Rising Knight, and the Mythnoc Cairns from DB 1:Haunted Highlands. I hope those work well enough time-wise. Otherwise, I suspect the Crusader offerings would have been shorter. Thanks for the list. Maybe I'll use them at another con in October. :)


In one of those recent issues Christina has an article on how to do one-shots for cons.

Author:  tylermo [ Fri May 04, 2012 8:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusader: List of Adventures and Encounters

If it's issue 25 or later, I don't have that one. Stephen! :lol: Thanks for the head's up. I've heard that Christina woman knows a thing or two about C&C and Savage Worlds. ;)

Author:  Aergraith [ Sat May 05, 2012 6:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusader: List of Adventures and Encounters

Issue 20, "Calling All Crusaders"

Author:  seskis281 [ Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusader: List of Adventures and Encounters

Aergraith wrote:
Crusader #15:
- Darker Shade of Ale by James M. Ward (3-4)


A Darker Shade of Ale is actually by me, and is credited properly inside but Jim was typo'd as author in the table of contents :twisted:

Author:  Aergraith [ Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusader: List of Adventures and Encounters

Thanks, fixed.

Author:  seskis281 [ Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusader: List of Adventures and Encounters

Aergraith wrote:
Crusader #25:
- Stairway to the Gods by John William Wright (7-9?)
(Ultimate Crypt #3)


Stairway ended up not having level suggestions with it - I intended it to be 9-12 and have pretty hefty loot (a vorpal sword is in there) - it was meant to be deadly, but in retrospect may not be as intense as I intended - if one wants to increase it's deadliness, add a 2nd Prismal Eye to make two guardians and add a "negative divine aura" to the environs to give all clerical spells a 40% chance of failure :twisted:

Author:  kreider204 [ Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusader: List of Adventures and Encounters

seskis281 wrote:
Aergraith wrote:
Crusader #25:
- Stairway to the Gods by John William Wright (7-9?)
(Ultimate Crypt #3)


Stairway ended up not having level suggestions with it - I intended it to be 9-12 and have pretty hefty loot (a vorpal sword is in there) - it was meant to be deadly, but in retrospect may not be as intense as I intended - if one wants to increase it's deadliness, add a 2nd Prismal Eye to make two guardians and add a "negative divine aura" to the environs to give all clerical spells a 40% chance of failure :twisted:


Hi, John - Evan here! :)

I just got 25, and enjoyed reading Stairway. I was just about to ask about the level suggestions, so thanks for that.

On a related note, did Ultimate Crypt #2 disappear into ether? I had assumed it would be in 24, but I didn't see it.

Author:  Nitehood [ Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusader: List of Adventures and Encounters

Thanks for the great list!!

~Nitehood

Author:  Aergraith [ Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusader: List of Adventures and Encounters

Whatever did happen to Ultimate Crypt #2?

Author:  Rigon [ Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusader: List of Adventures and Encounters

I ran Danovar's Desire at Con-on-the-Cob many years ago. It was a fun little adventure.

R-

Author:  Piperdog [ Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusader: List of Adventures and Encounters

Nice list! Thanks for sharing. I think it would be cool to see a Crusader Adventure Compendium, with all those in one book. Heck, TLG could do a saddlestitched book of just John Wrights compiled Crusader Adventures and I would buy it.

Author:  tylermo [ Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusader: List of Adventures and Encounters

So, you're the one and only John Wright fanboy? :lol:

Author:  Piperdog [ Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusader: List of Adventures and Encounters

I got my honorary foam finger right here for you Tyler! lol.

Author:  Treebore [ Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusader: List of Adventures and Encounters

Piperdog wrote:
I got my honorary foam finger right here for you Tyler! lol.


Now we can add yours from Crusader 27.

Author:  tylermo [ Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusader: List of Adventures and Encounters

Eric, does that mean you'll be dressed up like Miley Cyrus as well? Haha

Author:  Piperdog [ Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusader: List of Adventures and Encounters

You hit me like a wreckinnnnng ballllllll. .... :lol:

Author:  Zudrak [ Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusader: List of Adventures and Encounters

How in the blue blazes did I miss this? Thanks, Aergraith, for both posting and updating this! :)

Author:  Rigon [ Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusader: List of Adventures and Encounters

This probably might want to be pinned to the top. Just sayin.

R-

Author:  Zudrak [ Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Crusader: List of Adventures and Encounters

Rigon wrote:
This probably might want to be pinned to the top. Just sayin.

R-

Twosaded! I mean, "Seconded."

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/