Switch to full style
Discuss other TLG SIEGE Engine games other than C&C, such as StarSIEGE, in this forum.
Post a reply

Re: StarSiege Relaunch

Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:48 pm

Man, that's a bummer. I think a good reorganizations and layout is all SS needs to be kickarse.

R-

Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:03 am

So is this game dead other that being able to buy the core rules or will we see some effort to revive it at some point?

Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:44 pm

Daniel wrote:So is this game dead other that being able to buy the core rules or will we see some effort to revive it at some point?

This is all from memory: Steve had said in the past that he wanted to bring StarSIEGE more in line with C&C, AA, Havesters, and the other TLG games. So I think it will be a total rewrite with it becoming more of a class-based game than a skill-based game.

I personally wish they would just do a better edit and presentation for the existing rules and give it appropriate support like equipment supplements or a campaign setting. I like the skill based aspect of the game and if the presentation was better, it would have been a more successful game.

R-

Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:46 pm

Rigon wrote:
Daniel wrote:So is this game dead other that being able to buy the core rules or will we see some effort to revive it at some point?

This is all from memory: Steve had said in the past that he wanted to bring StarSIEGE more in line with C&C, AA, Havesters, and the other TLG games. So I think it will be a total rewrite with it becoming more of a class-based game than a skill-based game.

I personally wish they would just do a better edit and presentation for the existing rules and give it appropriate support like equipment supplements or a campaign setting. I like the skill based aspect of the game and if the presentation was better, it would have been a more successful game.

R-

I concur. I think skill-based games make for better sci-fi games, in their "feel." Star Wars d6 is my game of choice for sci-fi (though it is more space opera than true sci-fi) because it captures the feel of the movies better than the d20 version of the SWRPG game (which I tried and abandoned). Star Frontiers is the other sci-fi game I liked playing and thought Star Siege was aiming to emulate it in the way C&C emulates AD&D.

Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:58 am

Is it possible to get copies of the boxset anymore or are the sold out?

Very curious about this game.

Cheers!

Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:15 pm

AslanC wrote:Is it possible to get copies of the boxset anymore or are the sold out?

Very curious about this game.

Cheers!

I don't think there are anymore boxed sets available, but I think they did a single book some time ago and I think there was a PDF also. You might want to check Drivethru or RPGNow for the PDF.

R-

Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:20 pm

Here, found it at RPGNow.

R-

Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:04 pm

I have the PDF, I want a book now :)

Guess Noble Knight or Ebay, here I come :)

Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:11 am

I can answer a few questions here. I'm writing the re-launch of StarSiege, though it's not on the release schedule yet (just trying to get ahead of things where I can). It will be brought in line with AA/C&C and as of now, the plan is that it will be released under the AA line as "Amazing Adventures StarSiege." We are, at this moment, looking to use AA as the core "modern" rules system for the SIEGE engine, releasing genre books underneath that overarching line. This avoids people having to re-purchase the rules over and over again for each new genre, and allows for maximum mix and match of products, which in turn improves our ability to support the lines.

Of course, this could well change as we move forward.

As for StarSiege, I DO plan to incorporate a skill package system, since people have overwhelmingly requested that. You can see a preview of how it's going to work in the Amazing Adventures Book of Powers. I want to keep the systems for creating equipment, as I thought those were very innovative and flexible. The classes I'm still playing around with but I want to build some flexibility into them as well. Combining Player Advantages with Generic Class Abilities from AA allows for deep customization which should allow everyone to create exactly the character they want from the game. There will be a number of alien races, some familiar, some new, and we will be incorporating a brand new setting, which Steve and I hammered out and I think is pretty damn cool (but then, I'm biased) ;).

As to WHEN it'll come out? I really couldn't say. Like I said, it's not on the schedule right now. I'm writing it as I can and I've got a TON of stuff on my plate for Steve at the moment. But it is being developed and I think and hope that most of you will really dig it.

Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:41 pm

Great! Glad to hear it is being worked on. Sounds like a good compromise between being C&C compatible, while still allowing for the customization folks like in their Sci-Fi games.

Jason Vey wrote:I can answer a few questions here. I'm writing the re-launch of StarSiege, though it's not on the release schedule yet (just trying to get ahead of things where I can). It will be brought in line with AA/C&C and as of now, the plan is that it will be released under the AA line as "Amazing Adventures StarSiege." We are, at this moment, looking to use AA as the core "modern" rules system for the SIEGE engine, releasing genre books underneath that overarching line. This avoids people having to re-purchase the rules over and over again for each new genre, and allows for maximum mix and match of products, which in turn improves our ability to support the lines.

As for StarSiege, I DO plan to incorporate a skill package system, since people have overwhelmingly requested that. You can see a preview of how it's going to work in the Amazing Adventures Book of Powers. I want to keep the systems for creating equipment, as I thought those were very innovative and flexible. The classes I'm still playing around with but I want to build some flexibility into them as well. Combining Player Advantages with Generic Class Abilities from AA allows for deep customization which should allow everyone to create exactly the character they want from the game. There will be a number of alien races, some familiar, some new, and we will be incorporating a brand new setting, which Steve and I hammered out and I think is pretty damn cool (but then, I'm biased) ;).

As to WHEN it'll come out? I really couldn't say. Like I said, it's not on the schedule right now. I'm writing it as I can and I've got a TON of stuff on my plate for Steve at the moment. But it is being developed and I think and hope that most of you will really dig it.

Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:13 pm

Jason Vey wrote:I can answer a few questions here. I'm writing the re-launch of StarSiege, though it's not on the release schedule yet (just trying to get ahead of things where I can). It will be brought in line with AA/C&C and as of now, the plan is that it will be released under the AA line as "Amazing Adventures StarSiege." We are, at this moment, looking to use AA as the core "modern" rules system for the SIEGE engine, releasing genre books underneath that overarching line. This avoids people having to re-purchase the rules over and over again for each new genre, and allows for maximum mix and match of products, which in turn improves our ability to support the lines.

This is cool news! Best of luck in making it work.

Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:30 am

Zudrak wrote:

This is cool news! Best of luck in making it work.

Rgr that !!!

Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:31 pm

I look forward to StarSiege being redone in AA format. I really like the AA product line. As a Bonus I can add elements from Victorious into the new StarSiege.

Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:54 pm

I'll be interested to see how you handle this.

R-

Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:14 pm

This is GREAT news.

Well, decent news.

GREAT news would be that it's done and I don't have to wait for it anymore.

Tue May 15, 2018 4:32 pm

Jason is working on a Star SIEGE "Companion" type book for AA.

Tue May 15, 2018 5:59 pm

I had heard that, but didn't know if he was actually doing it or just talking about it.

R-

Wed May 16, 2018 4:54 am

Rigon wrote:I had heard that, but didn't know if he was actually doing it or just talking about it.

R-

He is actually writing it. No idea when its going to be released, or even when he is going to be finished with his part, but he is working on it.
Post a reply