View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Fields of Battle: TLG store description needs major editing. 
Lore Drake

Post Fields of Battle: TLG store description needs major editing.
I was recommending Fields of Battle to someone in another forum and when I linked to the TLG store and read the description I almost didn't want to supply the link just because how bad the editing was. Not, exactly a good first impression. I've highlighted the three problems below.

Fields of Battle

War is an evil thing; but it is not the most evil of things. For where evil reigns peace must suffer and the world’s want be lost in the wages of blood. It is here, where evil sows its seeds of destruction, that the brave must forever rise up to champion those that are true. And so it always has been, and always will be, that the wages of evil are spent upon the Fields of Battle.

Fields of Battle is a simple, straightforward, easy-to-use game of mass combat. It easily simulates battles between hundreds and even thousands of combatants, all in a single gaming session. Herein are all the tools you need to decide the outcome of large-scale warfare. Playable with the TLG’s Battle Unit Counters, or any type of miniatures, Fields of Battle is a flexible, easy-to-learn rules set that allows you to conduct small battles between a few dozen combatants or mass warfare between the armies of kings. ¹Stand-Alone Game
²Fields of Battle is a simple, straightforward, easy-to-use game of mass combat. It easily simulates battles between hundreds and even thousands of combatants, all in a single gaming session. Herein are all the tools you need to decide the outcome of large-scale warfare. Playable with the included Battle Unit Counters, or any type of miniatures, Fields of Battle is a flexible, easy-to-learn rules set that allows you to conduct small battles between a few dozen combatants or mass warfare between the armies of kings.

Include Your Characters
Fields of Battle allows you to place your character on the battlefield. Stand ³should to shoulder with the combatants or lead from them from afar. Fields of Battle blends flawlessly with your table top RPG bringing war to your table like never before.

Compatible with Most Systems
Fields of Battle is fully compatible with most any role-playing game. Its simple Siege Engine mechanic is highly adaptable, allowing you to smoothly integrate the Fields of Battle rules set with any ongoing campaign. Your PCs and their archenemies can even battle it out alongside their clashing forces, their skills and abilities directly impacting the tide of the wars they wage!

Whether you play the supplied scenarios or develop your own, Fields of Battle puts the battle in your hands.

¹ Stand-Alone Game, or played in a rpg campaign. (?) Just guessing what you'd put to finish the sentence.

² An entire paragraph repeated.

³ Should read: "shoulder to shoulder".

Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:32 pm
Mogrl

Post Re: Fields of Battle: TLG store description needs major edit
I really wish they could make the boxed sets available again.

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:58 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Post Re: Fields of Battle: TLG store description needs major edit
I bought mine thinking it was the boxed set so I was a bit disappointed when I found it wasn't. However, I will say that it was not a deal breaker as a good internet search gave me all the things I needed to use for the game. The only thing that I will add is that if the boxed sets will not become available again then the book needs reedited to remove mentions of the set.

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:51 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]