My first accident....

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Silva the Everdying
Ungern

My first accident....

Post by Silva the Everdying »

Hey all as some of you know I got my permit around 2-3 months ago and therefore am able to drive as long as I have a licensed adult in the car.

Anyway, I was driving my 1997 astro down a dirt road, with my two licensed adult nieghbor friends, we were following the speed limit (25 MPH) when there was a pot hole, and they said I need to avoid it because astros have a very low undercarriage, so I go to the right...which causes my front right tire to blow, (remember im a permit driver and this is my first ever accident) I go off the road cuz I lose control for a lil, I get control back. Then my BACK right tire blows cuz of something in the dirt, this causes me to lose control again. I manage too stop it, and we all give a sigh of relief....when it starts falling too the right... next thing I know we are on our side and the only way out was through my door which had become the ceiling.... so my first accident was my car going on its side. Oh and the only damage too it was a few bumps in the front right quarter panel... none of my windows broke at all, oh and the two tires didnt blow out but the tire blew off the rim. Anyway we took the tires off, got em filled with air, went back too the car put one wheel on, started wiping the dirt off the side hoping my parents wouldnt notice the dirt on the side, and started putting the other tire on...When my dad pulled up in his car becaused we had also had my little brother in the car, and we decided too drop him off at home as long as he wouldnt tell my parents what had happened. So I was panicking sooooo bad and all. I didnt get punished, because no one got hurt, But I wont ever forget that driving on a dirt road in a top heavy van is a very bad idea.....Dad said I should tell you guys cuz you might get some giggles out of it or something like that....

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

Wow! That's terrible, Silva. Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I wouldn't worry too much about it, though...you'll laugh about it in time (if you're not already). As long as everyone is alright, that's what matters.
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Why does this not surprise me? I'm just glad you guys live so far away, I won't have to worry about you on my roads.
R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

That's a mighty impressive first accident! You don't get to roll a car without injuries or significant property damage very often. Congrats!
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Deogolf
Lore Drake

Post by Deogolf »

I just hope it's your last!!

Be sure to check out Jim's artwork for sale:
http://jimhollowayart.com/id5.html

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Wow, glad you guys are o.k. Sounds like you did some pretty good stunt driving...

CKDad
Master of the Kobold Raiders

Post by CKDad »

Wow! Glad everyone's OK. Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, though. When I'd had my license not much longer than you've had your learner's permit, I had an occasion where I slid through an intersection while doing a 360 for far less worthy a reason than you had for dodging the pothole.

Tell your dad he needs to get out there and fill that in! Of course, he'll probably delegate that task downwards.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Why was I not invited? Sounds like a roaring good time.

Oh, and glad no one was hurt...much.

jaybird216
Lore Drake

Post by jaybird216 »

But what happened to the 3-dozen undocumented kobolds you were smuggling? We know you have them, Silva. WeEEEeeeeeEEEeee knoOOOoooOooooOooOow!

Silva the Everdying
Ungern

Post by Silva the Everdying »

jaybird216 wrote:
But what happened to the 3-dozen undocumented kobolds you were smuggling? We know you have them, Silva. WeEEEeeeeeEEEeee knoOOOoooOooooOooOow!

Who do you think pushed the car upright?

Maliki
Lore Drake

Post by Maliki »

Glad to hear everybody was ok, and no serious damage was done.

Aladar
Lore Drake

Post by Aladar »

Glad to hear you and your passagers were all o.k.

Don't feel too bad. When I was young, I had a friend who just had his license for a week when he drove off a low cliff and totaled his dad's car, but walked away with out a scatch. He was racing another teenager and missed the curve.

Warden of the Welk Wood

Baron of the Castles & Crusades Society

The Poster formerly known as Alwyn

Senior Gamer - Member of the Senior RPG Tour

"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"
http://www.cncsociety.org/
Lord Aladar
Warden of the Welk Wood
Baron of the Castles & Crusades Society
The Poster formerly known as Alwyn
Senior Gamer - Member of the Senior RPG Tour
"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"

http://www.cncsociety.org/

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

Glad you're ok.

That's not really an accident, IMO but just bad roads.

and bad tires.

are they bald or something? don't htey have safty inspections in Arizona?

In all seriousness, sounds like you kept your cool, overall, and THAT will save you in a situation worse than that, so with any luck, that will be your your only "excitiment" for a while.

stay safe!
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

mgtremaine
Ulthal

Post by mgtremaine »

I'm guessing you got some experience points for the whole thing also which is good. [Now you know what a blow out feels like so when you are doing 65 on the freeway you hopefully will not freak out.]

I got story like that also, long long ago when I was 16 my Dad took a few of us down into Baja California [Bahia De Los Angeles]. It's a long drive and at some point I ended up driving the old Ford Van. I was going way too fast for my experience level [like 1 month since I got my license]. The roads in Baja have no shoulders and are raised to prevent flooding. At some point a Semi comes from the other direction and the force of the air alone knocked us a little to the right, since there is no shoulder a little to right is too far and one wheel went over and the whole Van started to follow. Somehow I knew to turn into it and we jumped off the road and onto the desert floor the first bounce ran over the tailpipe so once we came to a stop everything was ok except we could not start the Van because the tailpipe had been run over. My dad handed me a hack saw and told me to fix it.
-Mike