The Good & Bad

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
DangerDwarf
Maukling

The Good & Bad

Post by DangerDwarf »

Well, I got my transfer to a larger prison where promotional prospects in the future for me will be quite a bit better. Today will be my first day and while I'm excited by the prospect, I have to admit I'm a bit nervous as well. It's been a little over 2 years and a shoulder surgery since I've worked what they call a "gladiator farm". I started my career on a similiar unit and spent a number of years there so it'll probably be like riding a bike, you never forget.

Right now I've increased my driving distance by about 5 times each day but, when they get housing available for me it'll be equivalent to a good sized pay raise and my drive time will be down to nothing. Plus, making use of the housing allows me to put into effect my plans for readying our current place, which we are buying, and make it my dream retirement home when I do finally reach retirement age.

Only bad thing is, when I do get into housing over there, I'm likely going to have to find a new group to play C&C with. Doesn't look like the work schedules will be to good for my current groups, then add on top of it ALOT of extra miles to get together. Bah.

Anyways, wish me luck!

eibon
Hlobane Orc

Post by eibon »

Best of luck there with the new job, Danger Dwarf! Most jobs carry a sense of anxiety, and that is obviously an understatement in this case. Good luck finding another C&C group, too. There is always here to get an online C&C fix!

--Clark Ashton Smith

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Good luck with the new opportunity, DD. Hope everything goes well!

Long distance is what I face with my group too, and it's challenging to get everyone together regularly, but hopefully you can retain most of your players.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Breakdaddy
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Breakdaddy »

Congratulations on the new job and good luck with finding a new group when you need to.
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

Combat_Kyle
Ulthal

Post by Combat_Kyle »

Congrats and good luck.

-Grikis Valmorgen, Paladin

The beginnings of my homebrew campaign world and info for my play by chat game:
http://kbdekker.googlepages.com/home

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Yup, best of luck with that.

.........................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Maliki
Lore Drake

Post by Maliki »

Good luck with the new job.

sieg
Unkbartig

Post by sieg »

Yeah, good luck and here's to hoping you can get a game going there. With guards, I assume; not prisoners?
...though if your players were prisoners I guess that'd cut down on rules arguments, eh?

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

sieg wrote:
...though if your players were prisoners I guess that'd cut down on rules arguments, eh?

Yeah, definately.

"What? You have a problem with my call on that? Okay, well you can think about what a good call it was for the next 15 days in solitary."

Thanks for the well wishes. I gotta admit, being back on a large farm today was nice. I didn't realize how much I missed such places.

For now, I've still got group. There may not be housing ready for me for another week to 6 months so I plan on getting as much game on as I can right now.