Bears trade for Jay Cutler!

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Melf
Ungern

Bears trade for Jay Cutler!

Post by Melf »

It's about time we had a QB in Chicago! The Bears surprised me and actually went after and obtained excellent QB Jay Cutler.

GO BEARS!!!!!!

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Nice!

I bet it was engineered by NFL marketing folks who want to finally see some CHicago QB jerseys sell.

Melf
Ungern

Post by Melf »

DangerDwarf wrote:
Nice!

I bet it was engineered by NFL marketing folks who want to finally see some CHicago QB jerseys sell.

Whatever it takes! I have some hope for this year. I am going to renew my NFL ticket. Damn maybe Direct TV had a hand in this trade...

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

I cancelled my ticket last year. If ever there was a reason to start it back up, this is it.

Plaag
Red Cap

Post by Plaag »

F***!

Heard this news last night.

Go Pack Go!

ShaneG.

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Post by cuchulainkevin »

It was a bold move by the Bears, a franchise that seldom makes bold moves. If nothing else it makes me happy to see that they are not going to just play it safe this year.

Good news is that Cutler has a servicable running back and two darn good tight ends.

Now we have to find a wr somewhere. Rashied Davis and Devin Hester are not going to cut it.

I'd be kicking the tires on Marvin Harrison and Torry Holt right about now to see if they have any tread left (Holt might, I don't think Harrison does). I'd love to see Antwan Boldin, but I don't think the Bears have anything to trade for him (no 1st rounders this year and next).

A nice bit of excitement though.

Morty
A Room Zoom Zoom. A Room Zoom Zoom. Gilly Gilly Gilly Gilly Ot Zat Za Come open the magic door with me, With your imagination there's so much we can see. There is a doorway that leads to a place. I'll find my way by the smile on your face.
Ah room zoom zoom, ah room zoom zoom. gilly gilly gilly gilly, gilly ah sa sa. Come through the magic door with me and see the things you never dreamed you'll see.

AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Post by AGNKim »

Cutler will go down with the names of the other great Bears QB they have had in the seventy-eight year history... Sid Luckman, Jim McMahon... uh... well, Sid Luckman and Jim McMahon.

Click here: http://tiny.cc/4rvo5

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Woot! Damn fine news.

Finally, a good trade (we usually trade away our good players)!!

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

AGNKim wrote:
Cutler will go down with the names of the other great Bears QB they have had in the seventy-eight year history... Sid Luckman, Jim McMahon... uh... well, Sid Luckman and Jim McMahon.

Heh! But I'd add Bill Wade ('63 Championship Bears) to the list!!

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Chicago paid a lot to get him though. Hey, but's it's an improvement.

-O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Maliki
Lore Drake

Post by Maliki »

A high price to pay, it does make the Bears better but they need an upgrade at WR.

In the long run I think Denver will be the winner in this deal (if they don't blow the draft pics).

Hrolfgar
Red Cap

Post by Hrolfgar »

Maliki wrote:
A high price to pay, it does make the Bears better but they need an upgrade at WR.

In the long run I think Denver will be the winner in this deal (if they don't blow the draft pics).

I agree, that is a lot high picks for one player. Cutler is a great talent, but I wonder how he will respond to the criticism he will recieve in Chicago after a bad game.

Col_Pladoh

Post by Col_Pladoh »

great news

Coleston the Cavalier
Unkbartig

Post by Coleston the Cavalier »

Col_Pladoh

John Adams

Col_Pladoh

Post by Col_Pladoh »

Yes, Gary would be very happy! Gail Gygax GO BEARS!

Coleston the Cavalier
Unkbartig

Post by Coleston the Cavalier »

Col_Pladoh wrote:

Oh, hey Gail! I thought someone was playing an awfully bad joke using that onscreen name. Sorry.

John Adams

Melf
Ungern

Post by Melf »

Col_Pladoh wrote:

Yes. I sure wish I could pick up the phone and chat with him about this exciting prospect. Football season usually doubled our phone talk time. Good memories for sure.

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Post by cuchulainkevin »

Melf wrote:
Yes. I sure wish I could pick up the phone and chat with him about this exciting prospect. Football season usually doubled our phone talk time. Good memories for sure.

Heck, Luke, I wouldn't be surprised if your dad called in some favors to swing this deal...a 2 months ago Cutler wasn't even on the market, now boom , a Bear. not many pundits were giving the Bears much of a shot with this deal, I think there might have been some intervention involved .

Its a poor substitute, but you could stick around to talk football here, I know I and many others had quite a few conversations with your dad about the Bears on this board and over at DF.

Morty
A Room Zoom Zoom. A Room Zoom Zoom. Gilly Gilly Gilly Gilly Ot Zat Za Come open the magic door with me, With your imagination there's so much we can see. There is a doorway that leads to a place. I'll find my way by the smile on your face.
Ah room zoom zoom, ah room zoom zoom. gilly gilly gilly gilly, gilly ah sa sa. Come through the magic door with me and see the things you never dreamed you'll see.

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Post by cuchulainkevin »

Col_Pladoh wrote:

Welcome Gail!

Morty

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Post by cuchulainkevin »

Rhuvein wrote:
Heh! But I'd add Bill Wade ('63 Championship Bears) to the list!!

Bill Wade wasa before my time, but a pro bowl and a championship weigh in his favor I think.

I'm glad that we're taking up from gambling on Kordell Stewart's , Eric Kramer's , Rick Mirer's and such, for once we're not rehabing someone's bust but getting a guy at the top of his game.

Best season we've had out of a qb was they year Eric Kramer had when he caught the lighning in the bottle and threw 29 td's. This kid should be a good bet to put up those numbers each year.

Dagger
Red Cap

Post by Dagger »

Bears Fans,

My dad used to tell me not to date a girl who was cheating on her boyfriend to be with you, because if she did it to him... she'll do it to you too.

While not exactly the same situation, I believe the logic applies.

Full disclosure: Dagger is a bitter, life-long Bengals fan who wishes he knew what it was like to be excited about an off-season move.

cinderblock
Ulthal

Post by cinderblock »

Well the NFC North just got a bit more interesting.

GO PACK!!!!!

Plaag
Red Cap

Post by Plaag »

cinderblock wrote:
Well the NFC North just got a bit more interesting.

GO PACK!!!!!

Yeah, not to worried. More so wondering how the Packers D will do with the 3-4 change.

At least Detroit hasn't done anything lately, so only have 2 teams to compete with
ShaneG.

cinderblock
Ulthal

Post by cinderblock »

The 3-4 has me a little concerned. It fundamentally changes the defensive packege the Pack has been running for so long that I fear some adjustment problems might put us back. But I'm still excited for next season! BTW is it football season yet?!

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Post by cuchulainkevin »

Has a judge ruled on the supsensions that the Williams duo are suposed to be serving in Minnesota? Those two missing 4 games at the start of the year would be helpful.

Course, they ought to have served them last year during the playoff runup

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: Bears trade for Jay Cutler!

Post by Tadhg »

OMGosh! :lol:

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Post by cuchulainkevin »

Rhu, digging up this topic is just MEAN

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

cuchulainkevin wrote:Rhu, digging up this topic is just MEAN
Ain't Morty a stinker? :lol:
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com