TLG 12 days of Christmas Contines - Now 13 days!

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
aztecman
Ungern

TLG 12 days of Christmas Contines - Now 13 days!

Post by aztecman »

Howdy Folks, -

Just a quick FYI, the TLG 12 days of Christmas sale has been extended - it's now 13 days! Check out the extra holiday gaming goodness...
Happy Holidays -

Brian - TLG Webguy

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

That Gord the Rogue is nice. Another worthy deal for sure. Are the 13 Days of Christmas going to be a Trollish tradition now? DO IT!

-O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Wasgo
Ungern

Post by Wasgo »

So, no special on Upper Works and it's pulped on the 31st. I really have to look at my funds carefully.

Random
Ungern

Post by Random »

Wasgo wrote:
So, no special on Upper Works and it's pulped on the 31st. I really have to look at my funds carefully.

This was my situation since I felt a strong need to buy this product.

(Yeah yeah, GG may put out something similar in the future, but not for C&C.)

I worked out a deal with my fiance. Instead of wrackin' our brains at the stores we just picked out some stuff we really wanted and simply ordered it to be delivered to my parents' house (where we are for Christmas). I got CZ:UW and she got the entire Sex and the City series (thank God for the internet and its cheaper prices).

Had I not run dry on cash in my "Christmas money" account, I may have bought some other stuff from TLG while I was at it, but I simply ran out of holiday funds, even a meager $10 or $15 dollars for a couple of the specials.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Wasgo wrote:

Retailers that now have it will still be able to sell it after December 31st. Only TLG and maybe distributors would be stopped.

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Random
Ungern

Post by Random »

Hey, after a huge mixup with the bank (I was wondering why I ran out of money so quickly), I've discovered an extra $80 in my Christmas fund account.

I'm thinking of grabbing CZ:Y, the PHB and M&T. I'm not a huge C&C player (yet, at least, although I have played it), and I figured this is prime time to pick up the books with that $10 sale. We can get multiples of the sale items, right?

Random
Ungern

Post by Random »

Hm, Paypal seems to be unavailable for some reason.

Hopefully I don't forget by the time it's back. Isn't Christmas Eve the last day of the sale, considering this 13th day?

Jonathan of White Haven
Hlobane Orc

Post by Jonathan of White Haven »

Random wrote:
Hm, Paypal seems to be unavailable for some reason.

Hopefully I don't forget by the time it's back. Isn't Christmas Eve the last day of the sale, considering this 13th day?

Call 'em! Good Lord, man! They're right down the road from ya!

mgtremaine
Ulthal

Post by mgtremaine »

Good old Gord! I was lucky enough to follow the series back in the 80's when TSR put out the first 2 and New Infinities put out the rest. It is a must for Gygax/Greyhawk fans.

-Mike

Random
Ungern

Post by Random »

Jonathan of White Haven wrote:
Call 'em! Good Lord, man! They're right down the road from ya!

Yeah, but I think Steve would kick my ass if I called him at 1 o'clock AM.

Anyways, I put it in just now. Let's hope that they read the memo on the payment (and the accompanying emails) so that the packages get shipped to my parents' place instead of mine. I'm currently out of town.

Jonathan of White Haven
Hlobane Orc

Post by Jonathan of White Haven »

Random wrote:
Yeah, but I think Steve would kick my ass if I called him at 1 o'clock AM.

Nah. You'd get the answering machine. On the downside, it's probably got some kind of virus that Breakdaddy would have to flush.
Quote:
Anyways, I put it in just now. Let's hope that they read the memo on the payment (and the accompanying emails) so that the packages get shipped to my parents' place instead of mine. I'm currently out of town.

Now *that's* a good question. Onliest time I tried the Paypal route, Steve had to drop me an email to ask what it was precisely I wanted. (This was during one of the "twofer" deals back in '07. I'd ordered one each of the PHB and M&T, and noted in the memo area that I wanted dupe copies of each book.) I seem to remember that I called to get the order straightened out.

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

I just ordered the PH and M&T as an X-mas gift for a friend of mine in the Navy. Hopefully he can find some players.

Anyhow know why I can't add other items to my cart? I plan on picking up the subscription and Yggsburgh, but I want to pick up some d20 stuff as well.

Baron of the Pitt
Castles & Crusades Society
The Dungeoneering Dad

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

Anybody else ordering today? I'm debating what to do here. Maybe I'll just add something in the memo.

edit: Managed to reach Davis by phone and he worked it out for me.
Man, Paypal made this thing damn confusing with the shipping & handling.

Baron of the Pitt
The Dungeoneering Dad

Random
Ungern

Post by Random »

Yeah, the Paypal shipping for my last order was a dollar off the shipping priced listed on the ordering page.

Anyways, I simply sent an email with the specifics for the order as well as sticking it in the memo of the Paypal transaction. It worked for my previous order so I figured I'd send it that way again.

The Paypal alone might work, but sending an email gives them a way to confirm (in a reply email) that the order has shipped.

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

I actually ended up getting a hold of them by phone (I think it was Davis) and all is well.

Baron of the Pitt
The Dungeoneering Dad

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Got my 6th day order today...and I gotta thank the Trolls for the bit of extra booty. I used to have the paperback Gord back in the early 80's and read it several times (along with all the sequels) before donating it to the local library. Fond memories I look forward to re-reading!

Baron Grignak Hammerhand of the Pacifica Provinces-

High Warden of the Castles & Crusades Society
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

zacharythefirst
Red Cap

Post by zacharythefirst »

I ordered CZ:Y, but I forgot to include it in the paypal instructions. I emailed the Trolls with the proper info--hopefully it goes through ok.
There's so much more I want, especially on the Gygax side of things, but I fear I won't have the fundage before Dec 31. Thank goodness I have CZ: UW!
'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Push off, and sitting well in order smite
The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
Of all the western stars, until I die.
-Tennyson

boxcornersdiety
Ungern

rpgnow

Post by boxcornersdiety »

The RPGnow sale seems stuck at 11 days. I'd love to see the Zagyg player's maps at a discount. $3 would make sense to me for a print release but seems a bit steep for a PDF (especially as I already bought Yggsburg) of a map.

The only other things I would like to see on the rpgnow sale would be Engineering Dungeons, a 1-day release of Castle Zagyg: The Upper Works in PDF (yeah, right), or a pre-order for the upcoming Castelan's Arms & Armor.

Wasgo
Ungern

Post by Wasgo »

Better yet, the complete Castle Zagyg collection in PDF including Yggsburgh, Upper Works and the player's map. Come on Trolls, for preservation!

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

CZ upper works in pdf is not going to happen. The author didn't want it, TLG wont do it.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Random
Ungern

Post by Random »

Having received my first order today I have a question.

Why on earth did TLG feel the need to use shredded newspaper for packing!?

I spent about five minutes just blowing paper dust off of the Upper Works booklets!

After the clearing off the dust though, they look pretty spiffy. I'm sure this box set will make a great kickoff at some point.

I look forward to getting my second package now.

Kurgan
Ungern

Re: rpgnow

Post by Kurgan »

boxcornersdiety wrote:
I'd love to see the Zagyg player's maps at a discount. $3 would make sense to me for a print release but seems a bit steep for a PDF (especially as I already bought Yggsburg) of a map.

That's odd. It's been showing as on sale for 1.50 for the last couple of weeks. When's the last time you reloaded the page?

So, if I'm reading this correctly, the two things to get (that are only available as PDF and will be going bye-bye in a couple of days) are the Yggsburgh Expansion East Corner (either 9.95 by itself or included in the 4th Day bundle for 20.00) and the Castle Zagyg Town of Yggsburgh Map (on sale for 1.50). Am I missing anything?

boxcornersdiety
Ungern

There is another map set, which I believe is just like the map included with the Yggsburg book but without the encounter location numbers (and it is a PDF, not a physical map). It costs $3 and is not on sale.

Can anyone point me to a review of the Yggsburgh Expansion East Corner?
Kurgan wrote:
That's odd. It's been showing as on sale for 1.50 for the last couple of weeks. When's the last time you reloaded the page?

So, if I'm reading this correctly, the two things to get (that are only available as PDF and will be going bye-bye in a couple of days) are the Yggsburgh Expansion East Corner (either 9.95 by itself or included in the 4th Day bundle for 20.00) and the Castle Zagyg Town of Yggsburgh Map (on sale for 1.50). Am I missing anything?

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Kurgan wrote:

Were you trying to get all the Zagyg material released as PDF but not in print? If so, that sums it up. I imagine I'll swing by tonight and grab that bundle to round off my PDFs. I already got the East Corner when I found out it wasn't going to be printed (it's quite nice) but didn't bother with the other 3 town expansions since I had the print versions. However, even at $20 I'm still saving if I consider individual pricing and not counting the one I already own.

Hmm... here's an interesting question: When these get 'yanked', will the people who paid for these downloads be able to download them again down the line (as RPG Now offers and advertises)?

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

boxcornersdiety
Ungern

Great question!
moriarty777 wrote:
Were you trying to get all the Zagyg material released as PDF but not in print? If so, that sums it up. I imagine I'll swing by tonight and grab that bundle to round off my PDFs. I already got the East Corner when I found out it wasn't going to be printed (it's quite nice) but didn't bother with the other 3 town expansions since I had the print versions. However, even at $20 I'm still saving if I consider individual pricing and not counting the one I already own.

Hmm... here's an interesting question: When these get 'yanked', will the people who paid for these downloads be able to download them again down the line (as RPG Now offers and advertises)?

M

boxcornersdiety
Ungern

Great question!

That will pretty much determine wether or not I buy any more Zygag PDF's.
moriarty777 wrote:

M

zacharythefirst
Red Cap

Post by zacharythefirst »

I just bought & downloaded the Outs Inn, CZ Player's Maps, and the Yggsburgh Map. I'd still like to get the Yggsburgh expansions, but money's seriously tight.
'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Push off, and sitting well in order smite
The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
Of all the western stars, until I die.
-Tennyson

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

That is a good question about future downloading. I just bought the CZ districts bundle(even though I have the print districts minus eastern pdf, of course). It says I have 5 downloads remaining, but my computer is dial up, and sometimes times out before I finish downloading files. Hope I don't get screwed out of this last minute purchase. I probably should have bought Dark Chateau pdf(even though I have the print version). ANd, I wish there could have been official pdf's of the Yggsburgh book, and Upper Works. Oh well. At least I have the print versions. Would have been cool to get some of the GWF books(except for the two I already own). Sh!t. Maybe that D20 sale is still on for a few more minutes. Just might be able to get them cheap. hehe

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I would assume, and this is a guess, that it is RPGNow or whoever actually selling the product, and ergo, not subject to the restriction that TLG is faced with regarding the sale... but, I am not sure on that as it would seem weird that they'd get the "license" and cut TLG out of any residual revenue. Not really sure, but it is an interesting situation. Perhaps they are bound by their clause that X number of downloads are given with the order -- use them up and you might not get any more.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Assuming similarity to the 3E situation they will be able to keep the downloads available, they just won't be able to continue to sell it.

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.