Introduction Thread -- Say Hi!

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Telhawk
Hlobane Orc

Post by Telhawk »

Quote:
Great post and welcome! Glad to have you with us.

[Rigon is a righteous and excellent dude and is sometimes known as Mr. C&C! ]

Thank you for the gracious welcome. Along with Trek-RPGnet (where I post under the moniker of D.S.McBride), this is the only chat site that I frequent; not out of a sense of elitism or anything, but simply from the fact that the Trek RPGs - the Icon iteration, for the most part - and C&C are the only games that have really caught my/our attention in recent years. Thinking about it, I should really throw Villains & Vigilantes into that group as well; that game captured the essence of the entire superhero genre better than any I've seen before or since, and we still get together every once in a while (subject to Jungger's tender GMing mercies - he likes killing his PCs only a little bit ) to slug Leo the Lion and the Floop Brothers in the kisser.

It's all too easy to go into a vitriolic rampage about how badly Wizards raked over the entire D&D experience...suffice to say that I - as well as Jungger and our other brother - now regard their version as D&D in name only. Mr. Gygax's own commentary on that game, which I read recently as part of an archived interview, are pretty much word-for-word what my feelings are on the matter; leave us say that I've got a few hundred dollars' worth of "core" books that are going to see use now only as reference/concept texts. Enough on that unpleasant matter.
I agree the big one hundred regarding Rigon; Jungger and I were crestfallen at the concept of having to deal with an out-of-print system. AD&D 2.0 is great, but like real estate, they ain't makin' no more of it. Then we get the clouds parting and the shaft of light leading us on to the promised land...and find something that's pretty much AD&D, only better. Once again, all my thanks for the welcome, and hoping that we get to exchange many tales of rescued maidens and monacled archvillains over a tankard of grog.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Trek with C&C... hmm, HMM!
..............................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Stuie
Red Cap

Post by Stuie »

Hi all! I'm a long time gamer who wanted an easy introduction to role-playing for my sons (ages 5, 7 and 9). Glad to have found C&C as it really takes me back to the old days!

I started off playing Empire of the Petal Throne in 1975, then switched to DnD a couple years after. My first DnD experience was going through Tegel Manor with first level characters! The stupid DM must not have realized how tough that would be. Lots of dragging my dead magic user back to town.

Switched to AD&D when that came out, and began DMing at that point. Found Harn and its associated products in 1983, and once Harnmaster came out that was my gaming system into the early 90s. Then I got married and gaming suddenly went away. How sad.

Fast forward to 2007 and my kids are getting older. "Time to jump back in!" I thought and went searching for a good system to start off playing with my sons. All I can say about C&C is WOW! This is the perfect vehicle for some really good gaming with the kids. The 5 year old opted out during character creation, but the older two are having a blast - they're on their second adventure, clearing out some kobold caves in search of some missing wool. Maybe I'll share the details in the appropriate forum.

Anyway, I've been lurking for over a month and thought I should de-lurk and say hi. I'm really enjoying the discussions and insights of the regular posters - so thanks for that!

Orpheus
Ulthal

Post by Orpheus »

Welcome to the Crusade! I'm glad that you found what you were looking for. My experience was pretty much the same: I hadn't gamed in a while, wanted to see what was up, didn't really dig 3rd edition in its entirety and stumbled across C&C. Come to think of it, I never posted an introduction here myself. I guess that I'll have to do that soon.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Welcome to the Crusade. Ignore my, ummm, less-than-friendly posts. I try, but I can be harsh. :)

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Welcome Stuie, glad to have you with us!

Enjoy!

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Welcom & enjoy!

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

C&C Society

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Welcome to the ranks... NOW FORM UP!

............................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

serleran wrote:
Welcome to the Crusade. Ignore my, ummm, less-than-friendly posts. I try, but I can be harsh.

Ladies and gentlemen, Dr. Cox from "Scrubs" -- the hard-case with a heart of gold.

Welcome, Stuie! Glad to see you come out of "Lurker Above" mode.

"Galstaff, ye are in a cornfield, when a moustachioed man approaches. What say ye?"

"I shun him."

-----

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

-- E. Gary Gygax
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Nifelhein
Red Cap

Post by Nifelhein »

Welcome to the crusade, now grab a weapon and help us charge on those pesky gobs over there!
"We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men; and among those fibers, as sympathetic threads, our actions run as causes, and they come back to us as effects." - Attributed to Herman Melville.

francisca
Mist Elf

Post by francisca »

Ah, that explains why you didn't respond!

Incoming e-mail!

grodog
Hlobane Orc

Post by grodog »

When's a good time to call, Tami? I'd like to get Rob's events listed, and figure out if I'm going to run one as well

----

Allan Grohe
grodog@gmail.com
http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/
http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/greyhawk.html for my Greyhawk site

Franklincense
Mist Elf

Hi

Post by Franklincense »

I forgot to say hi.

Hi. I'm a bakery manager. I useta do game stuff.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Welcome to the boards, Frank! Have you played a game of C&C? :) I hope so, and its good to see you here.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Welcome Frank Hope you enjoy the boards here & get a chance to do some more game stuff!

C&C Society
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

C&C Society

Nifelhein
Red Cap

Post by Nifelhein »

Welcome to the crusade Frank!
"We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men; and among those fibers, as sympathetic threads, our actions run as causes, and they come back to us as effects." - Attributed to Herman Melville.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

A nice big warm welcome!

................................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Howdy and Welcome Frank. Glad to see ya over here!

Telhawk
Hlobane Orc

Post by Telhawk »

As a (fairly) recent arrival myself, a warm welcome to Stuie and Frank. Hoping that this is but the first of many happy visits for you both.

Egg of Coot
Hlobane Orc

Post by Egg of Coot »

Well folks,

I've finally registered. And here y'all had pegged me as one of those pathetic gamer geeks who spends all his free time at Dragonsfoot . . . In your face, Space Coyote!

The Egg

PrimEvil Studios is on Facebook. Click here to become a fan.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Welcome to the other insane asylum, Coot.

...............................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Welcome to the boards, Egg. Have you joined the Crusade? :) If so, welcome again, but this time, to the Crusade!

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Welcome to the forum & hope you enjoy the banter....

C&C Society

C&C Society

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Welcome Egg of Coot. Good to see you over here!

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Rhuvein wrote:
Welcome Egg of Coot. Good to see you over here!

Ditto. Welcome!

"Galstaff, ye are in a cornfield, when a moustachioed man approaches. What say ye?"

"I shun him."

-----

-- E. Gary Gygax
Psalm 73:26

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Orpheus
Ulthal

Post by Orpheus »

Welcome aboard. The smoke isn't as acrid over here, but we try. I can set up a May Day thread if you'd like.

sieg
Unkbartig

Post by sieg »

Hey Egg, welcome!

Now we just need someone to complain about your Moderation over here!

Prince of Happiness
Hlobane Orc

Post by Prince of Happiness »

Hello!

Coming over from ENWorld, got my order of the PHB and Monsters and Treasures and I'm hyped to get a game going!

sieg
Unkbartig

Post by sieg »

Welcome PoH and other new folk; hope you enjoy the place!

skathros
Ungern

Post by skathros »

Well...I'm back! (Judging by all the new faces, most of you are thinking "Who the hell are you?")

Well, I'm a TLG fan from back in the Erde/3E days. Loved the setting, and thought the good folk at TLG were pretty cool. Unfortunately, 3E wasn't my bag, so I ditched the system but stuck with the Trolls, so impressed was I with their setting.

Eventually, C&C came out, and I was completely sold on the system. I pimped the game, ran demos for 3Eers (many of which went C&C), and ran a very enjoyable C&C chat game with some folks you might recognize.

Real life sort of got in the way of my C&C for a while, and I dropped out of sight for a bit. Things have settled down now, and I've got that C&C tingly feeling deep inside once more...so watch out! Lord knows their isn't anything more dangerous the a tingly CK !