Is it me or is it busier around here?

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
angelius
Lore Drake

Is it me or is it busier around here?

Post by angelius »

So I noticed that there seems to be a ton more posts and new folk around lately. Is it a gencon surge or are people just simply moving here from 3rd ed.?

Strange, strange.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I welcome all the new posters. Its surely a sign of the strength of C&C, and that the Crusade is growing!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I would say a bit of "all the above".
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Things are hopping mad here in the office....

working on...

Castle Zagyg

CZ maps

Mortality maps

Screens (davis and I laid out two panels today and added a fourth, we are going for a quad screen)

putting together ideas for the Airhde box set

Crusader 5

Crater of Umeshti mod

brian miller's new module

and the Dragons of Aihrde series.....

Its crazy beans for dinner!

Steve

He who sits on the elephants back

Castle and Crusade Society
troll@trolllord.com

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Troll Lord wrote:
and the Dragons of Aihrde series.....

Oh, what's this, then??? Sounds intriguing.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

I just spent half an hour at my LGS pushing C&C, I will be doing some demo games and playtesting some of my homebrew modules for my Ilshara setting there, as well trying to convince them to carry the books (right now the only TLG product I've seen there since moving here was the LA essentials and I bought that).

I think James Mischler said it right - C&C is on the upswing of interest right now. Good work by you guys at TLG and keep the momentum going!

John http://johnwright281.tripod.com/

Ilshara: Lands of Exile:
http://johnwright281.tripod.com/

High Squire of the C&C Society
www.cncsociety.org
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

huds0n
Red Cap

Post by huds0n »

Well I can say for myself that Ive usually got too many hobby urns in the fire so to speak. I've always been the jack of all trades master of none type of geek. My geek roots have a beginning in the world of computer gaming, but were definitely not exclusive to that realm as it leaked over to RPGs, sci-fi/fantasy films and novels, and comic books.

It had been a good 10 years since my original high school gaming group had split up with various members going their separate ways, before I found the current group Im with now. In that time I hadn't kept up with all the changes that had happened in the gaming world. I knew of 3rd edition, but had never played and had no idea the massive changes that had been made to D&D since the last time I had played it.

I've been with my current group for about 2 years now and my love for RPGs has grown a great deal since that time. I still love computer gaming as it is my first true love at heart, but right now my geek pendulum is swinging very much in the rpg direction. Especially since Ive met Steve and the gang now and they really are great group of guys.

On that note, it was really cool meeting everyone at Gencon. Getting to play in a game that Bowbe hosted at the RAM and getting to met Treebore was cool (even though you were on the other end of the table and we didn't talk much). And Steve and Todd and Mark at the Trolllord booth were all very cool cats (get it Steve....cats lol!) And everyone else that I met in passing made my first Gencon a great one.

eibon
Hlobane Orc

Post by eibon »

There has been a lot of positive traffic on RPGNet lately as well. This can never hurt. There were a couple of negative posts in threads, but they have slipped down into the realm of page 4+.

--Clark Ashton Smith

angelius
Lore Drake

Post by angelius »

Yeah its all good methinks. It shows that C&C is indeed growing! Or at least we're getting some positive traffic.

Maliki
Lore Drake

Post by Maliki »

angelius wrote:
Yeah its all good methinks. It shows that C&C is indeed growing! Or at least we're getting some positive traffic.

I agree, now with Wilderlands products being released for C&C I think the growth will continue.

Combat_Kyle
Ulthal

Post by Combat_Kyle »

I welcome the new folks, more ideas to steal, um I mean borrow.

-Grikis Valmorgen, Paladin

The beginnings of my homebrew campaign world and info for my play by chat game:
http://kbdekker.googlepages.com/home

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

There is more traffic here indeed. It only shows the strength and lure of the product. C&C is the $#!+, and people are starting to hear about it.

.......................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Breakdaddy
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Breakdaddy »

Huds0n is one of my group, and was part of our 5 man Gen Con team this year. We were pleased to meet Bowbe, Treebore, Omote and a few others whose nicks escape me at the moment (for which I apologize!). Great fun was had, and those cats at TLG know how to sell product (their booth babe, Ashley).
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

Combat_Kyle
Ulthal

Post by Combat_Kyle »

It will be some time down the road till I can afford GenCOn (gotta finish college first) but I met many people at LGGC this year and hope to meet more at Troll Con next year. I am not 100% sure if I will make it to LGGC next year or not, but Troll Con is an affirmative. Its nice to see the Crusade growing.

-Grikis Valmorgen, Paladin

The beginnings of my homebrew campaign world and info for my play by chat game:
http://kbdekker.googlepages.com/home

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Breakdaddy wrote:
Huds0n is one of my group, and was part of our 5 man Gen Con team this year. We were pleased to meet Bowbe, Treebore, Omote and a few others whose nicks escape me at the moment (for which I apologize!). Great fun was had, and those cats at TLG know how to sell product (their booth babe, Ashley).

Im so unloved!

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Breakdaddy
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Breakdaddy »

gideon_thorne wrote:
Im so unloved!

ROFL! You are part of the Trolls, and appreciated by default! It was great fun meeting the Trolls that I hadn't yet had a chance to meet, despite my proximity to Troll Lord HQ. I hadn't ever met Mark or Peter before, and it was a pleasure to make both of your acquaintances.
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Hudson, I wish we could have talked! Took you longer to get slaughtered than me anyways. Oh, wait, that was Pats game not Case's. Too bad we didn't get to game together Sat or Sun.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: Is it me or is it busier around here?

Post by Tadhg »

angelius wrote:
So I noticed that there seems to be a ton more posts and new folk around lately. Is it a gencon surge or are people just simply moving here from 3rd ed.?

Probably both and it's great. Nice to have new people joining the ranks. New ideas and thoughts to enhance the game. The more, the merrier!

Hey time to break out the ale. Where's the bard get to . . . and the wenches?

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Wow, lately it has gotten quite a bit busier. Enough so that I often have quite a bit of reading to do by the time I get home from work.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

DangerDwarf wrote:
Wow, lately it has gotten quite a bit busier. Enough so that I often have quite a bit of reading to do by the time I get home from work.

Must be the wenches. The Trolls must have hired more to attrack patrons!

angelius
Lore Drake

Post by angelius »

LOL Rhu for a second there I read that as the trolls must have hired more wenches to attack patrons... lol awesome.... i need some wenches... oh wait i hope my fiance doesnt see this.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

angelius wrote:
LOL Rhu for a second there I read that as the trolls must have hired more wenches to attack patrons... lol awesome.... i need some wenches... oh wait i hope my fiance doesnt see this.

Hehe, it's OK, this is all virtual reality. Bring on the chainmail thonged wenches!!! 2 for every customer!!
[Oh and for the ladies . . . Tuesday nights, free ale and there will be Chippendale chain thonged males at your service!!! ]

angelius
Lore Drake

Post by angelius »

LOL chain thongs...omg I can't imagine anything more uncomfortable for guys... haha

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I can. It could be a chainmail thong zipper, with an underwire and garter supports.

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Just to dredge this back up. Slightly over 30 days ago Treebore posted the "232 Registered Members and ONly about 30 of us POst" thread.

Well, slightly over 30 days later we're up to 296 members. That's about 2 new members a day over the past month.

Nice.

Breakdaddy
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Breakdaddy »

GenCon got me off of my lazy butt to finally come register and be an active participant on these boards. It helps that I got to actually put faces to some of the names here so I feel a little more like one of the community. I am fortunate to have a large and active gaming group, and we were pretty insular. I hadnt really felt the need to go outside of the group for a lot of gaming conversation since we left 3e, and had really become lax in my posting on ENWORLD and RPGNET. Couple that with the fact that at Gen Con I had a lot more fun with the C&C folks than the ENWORLDERS (who I barely got to talk to), and it pretty much sealed it for me.
-Genghis Khan

Witterquick
Hlobane Orc

Post by Witterquick »

I actually got plugged into C&C when I a long thread at theminiaturespage.com regarding what was the best fantasy game out there. A lot of posters seemed to feel pretty passionate about it, and with a $20 core rulebook, I figured it was a pretty safe risk (especially because I was looking for something simpler).

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

I initially came to it in the same way as you. Treebore has the distinction of infecting me with the C&C fever though. I made a comment on the Necro boards about hearing alot of good things about C&C and Treebore sensed easy prey and swooped in.

andakitty
Hlobane Orc

Post by andakitty »

The quality of the books is drawing me, and now the atmosphere on this forum as well. I picked up the M&T and was impressed, then the 2nd printing PHB, and yesterday got a look at Castle Zygyg (spelling?). That is a pretty book. I am nearly through the PHB and like what I am reading. A lot. Since I come from a BRP background I need to make a pretty radical departure from my normal way of looking at what works in a rpg system but I think I'm going to give this a try. It has me getting excited about playing again after a long burnout.

What is this 'crusade' I keep hearing about, anyway?

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

C&C is named after...

Well, I let someone who knows the history tell you that stuff, but essentially by adopting C&C as a system you like to use means you have joined the "Crusade".

To officially join the Crusade you supposedly send in an e-mail to I forget who and your name gets added to an official roll that none of us have ever seen.

We (the board members) consider it official when you declare your using C&C.