StarSiege?

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
GreyLord
Hlobane Orc

StarSiege?

Post by GreyLord »

Okay, recently via a free book offer from a game seller, I got to get mailed to me two Troll Lord offerings, both quickstart rules. One was for a game with the DwavenGlory II-Wyrm Well, with quick Start Rules. I take it that's for C&C?

However, the bigger question was for something called Star Siege. Is this some sort of trolllord science fiction game based off of the Siege engine?

These are quickstart rules, so why not? But what exactly is it?

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Yes, it is the quick-start rules for the StarSIEGE game, a sci-fi interpretation of the basic mechanic used by C&C, but for a wholly different genre. I don't know what else to say -- its the quick-start. Think of it as a preview of the future release which should be soon.

And the other thing is the QS for the C&C rules.

Neither are "complete games." They are samples that let you see how the game is played, and get a game going, but they are not everything offered in the "full version."

Oh, and: StarSIEGE

GreyLord
Hlobane Orc

Post by GreyLord »

Yeah, I had recalled reading about that stuff on the boards a while back, but have been kept busy recently so haven't been here as much. Figured it might be a free module for C&C, so that was an easy thing to figure out I wanted.

The other, I had thought I had heard some discussion on such a thing, but thought it was far off still (after all, we've also had discussions on a C&C OA, and haven't heard anything about that...and definately thought the CK would be closer).

So when I saw it was offered for free, was a little curious, but didn't think that the Sci-Fi thing was that close.

Anyways, looks like I'll be getting it in the mail in the next two weeks or so. Anyone try it yet and put out a discussion in the forums?

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

The "free stuff" was done for Free RPG Day which is a chance for publishers to get stuff out to brick-and-mortar stores (and elsewhere) to promote themselves and the hobby -- lots of companies get involved, from TLG to Chaosium to even WotC. The C&C QS, I believe, comes with a module, but I don't think the StarSIEGE one does (I have them, but haven't really read them.)

Right now, there are very important releases -- CZ: Upper Works, and some Lejendary Adventure stuff. They have precedence.

As to a fan-based OA product... looks like that discussion died off. I do not know TLGs stance on it, but one thing is certain -- it would require someone willing to write it.

GreyLord
Hlobane Orc

Post by GreyLord »

Well it's been years, but they could always ask me! (heh...just joking...I'm preoccupied with a lot of other stuff so in a realistic sense, it wouldn't be done for many many years probably, AND would still need multiple others to help with it anyways).
However, on a more serious note, I was thinking TLG did have someone who was well versed in Oriental stuff or something that either worked for them or they freelanced out to.

Hopefully I'll try out a session when I get the Star Siege QS rules, and can come back with my thoughts on it.

GreyLord
Hlobane Orc

Post by GreyLord »

Well, just got it in the mail. Skimming, the group that's most likely to play is caught up in a Dragonlance C&C campaign that's newly started right now, so have to convince them that one of the nights to try this instead.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Here's a, sort of related, question for the Trolls, is the Dwarven Glory II adventure going to be offered as a PDF? I got the StarSEIGE QS rules on FRPG Day, but wasn't able to pick up the C&C QS.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

FASAfan

Post by FASAfan »

GreyLord wrote:
Yeah, I had recalled reading about that stuff on the boards a while back, but have been kept busy recently so haven't been here as much. Figured it might be a free module for C&C, so that was an easy thing to figure out I wanted.

The other, I had thought I had heard some discussion on such a thing, but thought it was far off still (after all, we've also had discussions on a C&C OA, and haven't heard anything about that...and definately thought the CK would be closer).

So when I saw it was offered for free, was a little curious, but didn't think that the Sci-Fi thing was that close.

Well, thread-jack/segue here...

I'd love a list of every item that has some C&C material in it...EVAR! For instance, obviously:

- The core C&C product line that has been released so far (btw Castles & Crusades: Engineering Dungeons still has "TBA" next to it on the scroll bar list to the left)

- Castle Zagyg product line

- Crusader Magazines

- Goodman Games-adapted adventures

But also...

- Gygaxian Fantasy World series (??)

- Free RPG day stuff (there's different stuff from '07 and '08, correct? Anymore?)

- Adventure Games Journal
http://www.adventuregamespubs.com/

- RPGNow has some free stuff that I haven't seen available here as downloads (although I may have overlooked them and/or they may be included in printed source material). Examples: "Human Migration Map" or "DB1B Haunted Highlands Deities".
http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php? ... 51063&it=1
http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php? ... 28514&it=1

Anything else, guys?

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Hey FASAfan!

Looks like you are really getting into the Crusade there! Good for you!

Though I'm sure there will be a few people who will chime in with some responses, I will happily PM you a complete list later tonight. Actually, this gives me a great idea for an article for the Domesday Book (maybe even for issue 3).

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Quote:
Castles & Crusades: Engineering Dungeons still has "TBA" next to it on the scroll bar list to the left

As author of that particular lovely, let me just say... unsettling.

However, there is good news! I hear it is selling well. So, go forth Crusaders... make me money! ;)

FASAfan

Post by FASAfan »

"Monsters of Aihrde III" is at RPGNow!, but there doesn't seem to be a link or mention of it on the Troll Lord site (scroll box to left or main product index page):
http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php? ... s_id=54362

However, if you hit the "visit this product's webpage" link at the above page, it sends you to a TLG page for the product:
http://www.trolllord.com/newsite/cnc/ma3.html

Yep! Love me some C&C! I've been in it since August of last year, but have just kinda lurked
Lee

shadoes
Hlobane Orc

Post by shadoes »

moriarty777 wrote:
Hey FASAfan!

Looks like you are really getting into the Crusade there! Good for you!

Though I'm sure there will be a few people who will chime in with some responses, I will happily PM you a complete list later tonight. Actually, this gives me a great idea for an article for the Domesday Book (maybe even for issue 3).

M

Can I get a copy of that list?

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Rigon wrote:
Here's a, sort of related, question for the Trolls, is the Dwarven Glory II adventure going to be offered as a PDF? I got the StarSEIGE QS rules on FRPG Day, but wasn't able to pick up the C&C QS.

R-

Holy Carolina! I forgot to put that up. So if that doesn't answer your questions, YES. It supposed to go up on RPGNow and other sites. I'll see to that tomorrow perhaps.

Steve

He who sits on the elephants back

Castle and Crusade Society
[email protected]

FASAfan

Post by FASAfan »

Bump
FASAfan wrote:
Castles & Crusades: Engineering Dungeons still has "TBA" next to it on the scroll bar list to the left

"Monsters of Aihrde III" is at RPGNow!, but there doesn't seem to be a link or mention of it on the Troll Lord site (scroll box to left or main product index page):
http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php? ... s_id=54362

However, if you hit the "visit this product's webpage" link at the above page, it sends you to a TLG page for the product:
http://www.trolllord.com/newsite/cnc/ma3.html

Lee

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

Starsiege is a very cool product. Kind of a cross between Star Frontiers and the classic Traveller game with a shiny new coat of paint on it.
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

daddystabz
Red Cap

Post by daddystabz »

Can I please get a copy of that list too?