Favorite RPG Quotes (Not In-Game Quotes)

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
serleran
Mogrl

Favorite RPG Quotes (Not In-Game Quotes)

Post by serleran »

So, I've been reading some of my collection, just reading up on the ways and whys of games, trying to build an idea of what about a game makes it "tick" for me, and more importantly, why I'm drawn away from certain kinds of games. In this reading, I've come across several neat quotes, which I'll be sharing as I get the time and desire. I would also like to see what other people like from their books, what inspires them, from the game source itself. Thanks.
TORG Rulebook Page 47 wrote:
The rules are a framework upon which you and your friends build stories set in the dynamic world of Torg. As with most frameworks, the rules work best when they show the least, and when they can bend under stress. If you need to bend the rules to keep a story flowing with a nice dramatic beat, do so. Keeping to the letter of the rules is almost certainly counter-productive.

We wrote the rules so you could play a game in a unique setting, not so we could dictate exactly how you should use that setting. So go have fun.

That's a rule.

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Re: Favorite RPG Quotes (Not In-Game Quotes)

Post by DangerDwarf »

I got a chuckle out of this one while reading over the Cyborg O.C.C. from Rifts. WHen you get to the section on cybernetics for a BORG it says the following:
Rifts Core Book wrote:
Cybernetics: Starts with none. Tends to avoid in favor of natural powers.

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Another Rifts Moment

Post by DangerDwarf »

Rifts Vampire Kingdom starts off with a complaint about a review of Rifts Sourcebook Number 1:
Rifts Worldbook 1: Vampire Kingdoms wrote:
It's just kinda frustrating. And, since I'm the author and publisher, I can get stuff off my chest by publishing it in my books so I'm gonna. Hah.

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

I don't remember the exact quote the card game Thermonuclear War but it went something like this...

"Whoever owns the game gets to go first."
Brian Miller

Maliki
Lore Drake

Post by Maliki »

miller6 wrote:
I don't remember the exact quote the card game Thermonuclear War but it went something like this...

"Whoever owns the game gets to go first."
Brian Miller

Thats the way is should be.

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Traveller »

The GM is God as far as the characters are concerned.

--Timelords, page 1