View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
What C&C do you want me to Run at Gen Con? 
Red Cap

Post What C&C do you want me to Run at Gen Con?
I would be running from around 12pm to 4pm on either day. (gives me time to run between meals, you HAVE to eat at Gen Con or DIE!)
Vote on:

A day (either Friday or Saturday)
Location: Open Gaming space in the con hall or at the Ram. (I prefer the Ram if we can get the space there to play)
Adventures:

Crater of Umeshti (Dungeon Crawl)

Or

Dro Mandras (town under siege based)

I believe I have a pre-gen from each character archtype so up to 8 players. People who have played with me before know I dont have a problem with large groups.

Let me know what you think and what you can make and we will figure out how to accomodate your C&C needs.

Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:27 pm
Mogrl

I wish I was going! Still a small possibililty, but highly unlikely right now. I really want to go!

How about we figure out what your going to DM at that new TLG Con in OK next March or April? I should be going to that, barring illness or other crappy luck/fortunes.

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:39 pm
Red Cap

By that stage... anything you want me to run. Should be near the release of Ulgakur, Umeshti 3-4, or Amyan Jymoon by then.

Case

Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:11 am
Maukling

Wish I could be in it. I'll be in the art show making money, hopefully.

Peter Bradley

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:36 am
Profile WWW
Red Cap

Seriously, since I AM going, and I WOULD like to play, something that highlights the ease of the Castles & Crusades system. I would have suggested Dark Chateau, but I don't know if that is an easy adventure or not.

Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:30 am
Mogrl

I'm not going, but I vote: at the Ram, and the dungeon crawl. They require the least "work," in a way, and are pretty straightforward. No need to spend hours in towns, either.

Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:38 am
Red Cap

Post Dro Mandras and sundries
Typically I prefer to run stuff I have written that is in the production schedule but not out quite yet. Hence offering a sneak peek at Dro Mandras vs. running Slag Heap or Dark Chateau.

As for burning hours in a city...
Players will start at an infiltration point somewhere in East Dro Mandras, a part of the small city that is 80% under the control of an orc king's armies. The objectives will be to assassinate the warlords henchmen and officers, take out ballistae/catapults/sappers, free prisoners, and/or retrieve holy relics from hidden locations within their sacked temples. Not exactly a "running around looking for things to do" type of city adventure.

As it is designed, the western part of the city offers a "safe haven" that is holding its own against the siege. Eastern Dro Mandras has all but fallen. If the players are victorious over enough different objectives in the East, they may lift the siege and send the invaders packing.

Good times.

Case

Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:32 pm
Mogrl

If by some miracle I still make it to GenCon I'd be all for playing that at the Ram.

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:49 pm
Battle Stag

I vote for ANY venue at any time you wish. I will be at the CON, and if you are looking for a player I'll clear my schedule to play.

Just post the details here.

.....................................Omote

FPQ

Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:43 pm
Profile WWW
Red Cap

One free re-roll for anyone who brings me an ice cold Sobe: Superman energy drink. That stuff is liquid crack in a can. Keeps me running games till way past my bedtime (1:30 am 7 days a week). I have one of those I can go without sleep at all! hahah.

Case

Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:43 pm
Maukling

Bowbe wrote:
That stuff is liquid crack in a can.

Good for those detective style games where one really wants to 'crack the Case'.

Peter Bradley

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:45 pm
Profile WWW
Mist Elf

I just wanted to say that I envy all of you for getting to go at all!!!

Bowbe, How you doing over there in the big city!!!

Gideon, long time no talk....Keep up the good work

Doug

In SE Ks

Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:18 am
Red Cap

None to shabby Doug thanks for asking. Remember you can catch me anytime by dropping me an email at willcase @ hotmail dot com. Just put "attention gamer geek" or something up there when you do.

Already looking forward to next Gorilla Con!

Peace

Case

Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:49 am
Mogrl

Just cause I'm curious: did you make use of that gnome pre-gen I wrote up over at DF, or did you find him generally useless? I'd like to know so I can refine my abilities is all. Thanks.

Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:37 am
Mist Elf

You know anytime you get Froggey give me a call and we'll get a game going!!! Hahaha.. I will def. email you...take care buddy and stay cool out there...

D

Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:51 am
Red Cap

Serl- it was great, modded it a bit but was highly usable, course I also used a gnome monk because those lil half goblins are GROSS!

Case

Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:42 pm
Mogrl

I'm going to be there! I'm going to be there! (where is that snoopy happy dancin emoticon at when you need it?)

Sign me up Case!! Plus my daughter too!!

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:55 am
Lore Drake

I can't make Gen Con, but any mod with a sinkhole in it is cool by me.
Brian Miller

Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]