Writers Guidelines

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Thulcondar
Ungern

Writers Guidelines

Post by Thulcondar »

I was wondering where the writers guidelines might be found on the main TLG site. In the "downloads" section I see the NDA, but nothing for folks (like me) who would like to submit a module or ideas for new products.

Any help?

Arioch

Post by Arioch »

you could send the trolls an email and ask them
ken

Alas poor Elric I was a thousand times more evil than you

Slice N Dice: Game and Pizza Parlour

WWBYD What would Brigham Young do ?
http://www.geocities.com/J_Elric_Smith/Index.html

Thulcondar
Ungern

Post by Thulcondar »

Arioch wrote:
you could send the trolls an email and ask them
ken

Well, I figure they keep an eye on the boards, and thought it'd be nice for others to see the answer, too.

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Traveller »

Your best bet is to send an email to Gideon Thorne on the boards here. Pete is a constant presence on the boards and is far more likely to see your comments then the Trolls. In short, the Trolls don't post all that much on their boards, as they have a lot of projects on their collective plates.

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Traveller wrote:
Your best bet is to send an email to Gideon Thorne on the boards here. Pete is a constant presence on the boards and is far more likely to see your comments then the Trolls.

This is cause I have no social life. ^_^
Quote:
In short, the Trolls don't post all that much on their boards, as they have a lot of projects on their collective plates.

I'm on it. Been trying to beep the guys for the last couple days. Probably shot their collective asses off with a bottle rocket. ^_~`

Best thing I can tell you, at present, about writers guidelines is this. Send me and Steve both your proposal for what you want to do, ill make sure he's aware of it. Beyond that there is something of a que of 'stuff' in the line so it may be a bit before he gets back to you.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I'll say this:

They want a writing sample. They want an outline. And, they want a finished section.

The first can be anything, but should be indicative of your actual writing ability, and a page in length, roughly. It should be as error-free as you can make it.

The second should be complete, detailing what is to be in the product, including page counts.

The last one must be a chapter or section from the proposed document, and it must exist within the outline. It should not be the "introduction," unless that particular chapter is very important to the remainder of the document (for example, when I submitted my first thing, I sent the intro chapter, but without it, the remainder would be "what the hell?")

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

gideon_thorne wrote:
Been trying to beep the guys for the last couple days. Probably shot their collective asses off with a bottle rocket. ^_~

Dude, that had me rolling.
It was probably a Saturn missile battery (=100 screamer bottle rockets).

Brian Miller

Thulcondar
Ungern

Post by Thulcondar »

serleran wrote:
They want a writing sample. They want an outline. And, they want a finished section.

Most helpful. Many thanks!

Thulcondar
http://www.goldenfuture.net/Thuldondar

cleaverthepit
Ulthal

Post by cleaverthepit »

Writers Guidelines

here is the quick and dirty.

1. we are only accepting C&C adventure modules at the moment. These are 24 pages (about 18,000 words).

2. Send in an outline of the module (One page) along with a three page sample of the module to be produced (preferably a meaty portion - not the intro).

3. We will give it the thiumbs up or down.

4. then send in the completed 18000 word doc.

5. include a cover idea and five interior pic ideas

6. include all maps (be sure they a legible)

7. At that point we will give it the final thumbs up or down.

Deatils

Use word or wordperfect

Do not highlight, bold, italicize or do anything to the text.

When making charts - use tabs. do not create tables and such. we will do that. If you want the chart to appear in a certain manner, include the sample but be sure we have an unformatted chart to work with. use one tab to seperate column information. It looks clunky but is easier for us to lay out.

Use template form our mods for monster stats (if you do not, we will kick it back)

If text is to be read aloud put it in quotation marks

if text is bold put a in front and behing that text

if text is to be italicized put a in front and behind that text

Overview (about 500 words)

Intro (about 1000 words)

Special Notes for the Castle Keeper (about 1000 words)

Mix match the above but we should be able to put them on the first two pages of the module. It would be best if you kept all those to 2000 words.

Please sublmit to [email protected] - title it submission cc

We will update and get this all nice looking at some point in the future
thx

davis

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

As Davis said, basically NOT like mine. LOL
Brian Miller

Greg Ellis

Post by Greg Ellis »

cleaverthepit wrote:
1. we are only accepting C&C adventure modules at the moment. These are 24 pages (about 18,000 words).

Really? No interest in Lejendary Adventure Scenerios?

cleaverthepit
Ulthal

Post by cleaverthepit »

Oh, well, yes but they have to be cleared through Gary. We will be more than willing (in fact happy) to produce a 24 page (maybe even 12 page) LA adventure. If you have an idea, either email Gary directly or email me and I will forward it to GAry.

Davis

Greg Ellis

Post by Greg Ellis »

Thanks. I was thinking of others (who might be interested in submitting LA material), actually, more than myself. But maybe soon, once we settle into the new house a bit.

seskis281
Lore Drake

Any chance on Campaign/World Settings?

Post by seskis281 »

I know the answer to this already but I have to ask...

I did the perfunctory e-mail which I'm sure is lost amidst hundreds of more important ones, especially heading into GenCon.

I am a Theatre Professor/Playwright and gaming enthusiast for many years, and now a devotee of Castles & Crusades. You guys have hit the RPG nail on the head.

As my wife has been recovering from surgery and I sit about my house this summer with, for the first time in years, time on my hands to be creative I've developed a fairly complete world setting. It's traditional medieval in the spirit of Greyhawk, with a few twists.

So the question is, do you even have the time or inclination to look at setting submissions?

I suspect the answer is no, and that of course your energies must naturally go into making Airhde as good as possible - but I have to ask.

I suspect also that the place I should be looking is The Workshop forum at Dragonsfoot and to set it up as a free offer to C&C enthusiasts?

Thanks for the time and setting up these excellent forums!

John William Wright
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Re: Any chance on Campaign/World Settings?

Post by gideon_thorne »

*blinks sleepily* Ill make sure either Davis or Steve see's this question whenever morning occurs?

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach