View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
AHHHHHH Look Out its a Pickle! 
Ulthal

Post AHHHHHH Look Out its a Pickle!
This is just sad...but mostly its funny....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S89Y4shxtE&eurl=

-Grikis Valmorgen, Paladin

The beginnings of my homebrew campaign world and info for my play by chat game:
http://kbdekker.googlepages.com/home

Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:07 am
Profile WWW
Mogrl

I have a hard time believing phobias like that are true. Guess it is because I can't understand why they would be afraid in the first place. Maybe some sicko did some sicko stuff to her when she was very young.

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:39 am
Battle Stag

Maury is one crazy bastard, anything to get rating I suppose, even scaring the bejesus out of that poor girl. Those people need help, serious, serious help.

Pickles, really!

.........................................Omote

FPQ

Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:14 pm
Profile WWW
Mogrl

Phobias exist of all sorts of things, simply because, as they are defined: they are irrational. There is no logic, no necessary reason... they just are. It is common belief that a phobic person can be "scared out of it," by being exposed to the danger in a controlled environment. It, obviously, does not always work, and can generate other fears, or amplify the one which is being "treated."

Anyway... if the pickle phobia is actual, and not staged, its more sad than funny. I am leaning toward it being staged.

Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:11 pm
Lore Drake

Pickles is not something that I normally would think of when someone mentions phobias, but I guess I have heard of stranger things.

Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:17 pm
Ulthal

If it is staged that young woman is a very good actor, she had me convinced that see has a unrational (and true) fear of pickles.

-Grikis Valmorgen, Paladin

The beginnings of my homebrew campaign world and info for my play by chat game:
http://kbdekker.googlepages.com/home

Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:13 pm
Profile WWW
Ungern

Hey, some people freak out at clowns or balloons. I find this no more unbelievable than those phobias...

Acrophobic myself. When I was about 7, I damn near took out a park ranger who tried to yank me onto the observation ring of a lighthouse. I was shaking so bad I could barely make it down to the ground.

So yeah, I can understand a weird phobia.

/Remember, it's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop at the end.

Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:56 am
Mogrl

I was afraid of heights and enclosed spaces. The Navy cured me of both. They put me on submarines and made me work at the top of open and empty missile tubes. I'm still afraid of heights, but I am able to be rational about it now, I don't freeze or start to shake like I used to. Enclosed spaces don't bug me at all, now, unless I am in it for days and days. Except when you get down to coffin size. I'll still freak out at coffin sized spaces.

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:11 am
Ulthal

Treebore wrote:
I was afraid of heights and enclosed spaces. The Navy cured me of both. They put me on submarines and made me work at the top of open and empty missile tubes. I'm still afraid of heights, but I am able to be rational about it now, I don't freeze or start to shake like I used to. Enclosed spaces don't bug me at all, now, unless I am in it for days and days. Except when you get down to coffin size. I'll still freak out at coffin sized spaces.

I was afraid of heights, but Air Assualt school and Airborne school in the Army got me use to them.

-George Washington

Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]