Heavy Metal Sadness

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Heavy Metal Sadness

Post by Julian Grimm »

So I had some absolute heartbreak today when after many decades I decided to resubscribe to Heavy Metal Magazine. I was ready to pull the trigger when I saw it was now $144 a year. I don't remember the mag ever being that high. So I decided to check over the 2000 AD way and saw that wasn't much better with shipping.

With the rising prices of things in our fringe little world I am seriously thinking the cost of geekdom going mainstream is going to hurt us more than help. Thank God TLG keeps things relatively affordable.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

old school gamer
Red Cap

Re: Heavy Metal Sadness

Post by old school gamer »

Hell, I didn't know Heavy Metal was still around.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Heavy Metal Sadness

Post by Julian Grimm »

It's still around though I don't know how good it is these days. As I mentioned before 2000 AD is back as well. I may check some local comic shops and see if I can get a better deal.

Incidentally the Netflix series Love, Death and Robots was rumored to have started as Heavy Metal 3.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06