Marmoreal Tomb

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Persimmon
Ulthal

Marmoreal Tomb

Post by Persimmon »

Okay, so I saw the reference to Marmoreal Tomb in a post somewhere in one of the Troll Lord kickstarters and then tracked it down and saw that it's apparently some kind of megadungeon by Ernest Gygax that has gotten sucked into the proverbial Kickstarter vortex and been (somewhat) resurrected by Troll Lord. I also found that some of you here backed it all those years ago. So can anyone give me a bit more info? When the boxed sets are finally released will there be a C&C version? I saw something about a pdf conversion but I have little interest in pdfs.

Thanks!
Behind closed eyes, realize your sight....

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Re: Marmoreal Tomb

Post by Kayolan »

Persimmon
Ulthal

Post by Persimmon »

Yeah, I found out quite a bit more with further digging last night. Unfortunately, most of the recent updates are for backers only. But between that and some old youtube videos, I now have a decent sense of what it is and what happened. Another Kickstarter cautionary tale.
Behind closed eyes, realize your sight....

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

I do hope this gets published. From what I recall about this dungeon/world as talked about back in the day, it seems like it will be fabulous. His and Luke's Gaxmoor was so fantastic, that I expect this stuff will be great. Ernie is a great guy and I would buy this in a heartbeat!

Rhu. Who? Tige, that's who.

;-D
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

There are supposed to be versions released for several systems, including C&C. It remains to be seen what will actually happen. The Trolls did resurrect it, but it's still somewhat in limbo. What I've seen so far looks good, but I'm not sure it was worth pissing off most of the backers. The communication from Ernie and Benoist was absolutely terrible.