DragonCon'07

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Veritas
Ungern

DragonCon'07

Post by Veritas »

Hello Trolls!

Firstly, I'm starting to make plans for DragonCon '07, and since I'm now living in the Atlanta area, I was wondering if Troll Lords was interested in getting a table in the dealer room to advertise their products?

Being a writer for Gary's Yggsburgh project (I'm just a day or so away from being done, I swear to the whole pantheon!), I'd gladly and proudly represent TLG at the Con for the whole weekend.

Second on the agenda... is anyone else going to be there this year?

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Re: DragonCon'07

Post by gideon_thorne »

Veritas wrote:
Hello Trolls!

Firstly, I'm starting to make plans for DragonCon '07, and since I'm now living in the Atlanta area, I was wondering if Troll Lords was interested in getting a table in the dealer room to advertise their products?

Being a writer for Gary's Yggsburgh project (I'm just a day or so away from being done, I swear to the whole pantheon!), I'd gladly and proudly represent TLG at the Con for the whole weekend.

Second on the agenda... is anyone else going to be there this year?

Might give Steve a call and pitch it too him. He's not going to see this post till Monday at the least. ^_^

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Orpheus
Ulthal

Post by Orpheus »

I might go and I might not. We found out a couple of days ago that my wife is pregnant so she might be too knocked up to go (if I went without her she'd kill me; she doesn't like gaming, but loves DragonCon). I'll have to see how everything is around that time.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Congrats O!

.................................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

This Con always has some very interesting guests. And still attending, one who I would very much like to meet and get HER autograph - Anne McCaffrey!
I see that Jodie Lynn Nye will be there as well. She did the Dragon Lover's Guide to Pern w/AM.

I've got to start playing the lotto, seriously!

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Veritas
Ungern

Post by Veritas »

Rhuvein wrote:
This Con always has some very interesting guests. And still attending, one who I would very much like to meet and get HER autograph - Anne McCaffrey!

I missed her this past year, but I did meet Margaret Weiss and Larry Elmore. Both were very nice.

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Veritas wrote:
I missed her this past year, but I did meet Margaret Weiss and Larry Elmore. Both were very nice.

That's very cool. Bonus for attending a CON, IMO.

Veritas
Ungern

Post by Veritas »

Definitely.
Both graciously accepted my praise (Larry especially so). I contemplated dropping Gary's name, since I've been working with him, but I ultimately decided not to. I didn't consider myself worthy.

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Rhuvein wrote:
I see that Jodie Lynn Nye will be there as well. She did the Dragon Lover's Guide to Pern w/AM.

I see her often at the local cons. She's a witty sort. Must have been all that time spent helping playtest AD&D. ^_^

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

gideon_thorne wrote:
I see her often at the local cons. She's a witty sort. Must have been all that time spent helping playtest AD&D. ^_^

Interesting. Her book says she lived up here in Illinois, but that was awhile ago , so don't know if she's still here. Perhaps she lives down yourways now? And here co-auther Todd Hamilton had lived in Chicago.

Anne was living in Ireland for many years I believe.

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Rhuvein wrote:
Interesting. Her book says she lived up here in Illinois, but that was awhile ago , so don't know if she's still here. Perhaps she lives down yourways now? And here co-auther Todd Hamilton had lived in Chicago.

Anne was living in Ireland for many years I believe.

I believe she does. But Conestoga, a convention located in Tulsa in July, is a very well attended convention for authors. Laurel K Hamiltion is the author guest of honor next.

Peter Bradley

Keolander
Red Cap

Post by Keolander »

Yes, yes, the Trolls need to come to DragonCon! Not only is the major con of the year for me, but its also the 2nd home (essentially) of the Zeitgeist Games people who run Blackmoor. I'd really love to see a version of Blackmoor done with C&C (hint, hint) as I think it would be about 1000% better than D&D 3.5 that they use now.
"Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken
Μολὼν λάβε

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Keolander wrote:
I'd really love to see a version of Blackmoor done with C&C (hint, hint) as I think it would be about 1000% better than D&D 3.5 that they use now.

People have mentioned that to those folks before. Zeitgeist games said they would be willing if there was enough interest. Ie, lots of people bothering the hell out of em to do it.

I've been trying to get to Dragoncon for the last several years. Its always too close to other events for me. One day, maybe.

Peter Bradley