website link

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Fizz
Lore Drake

website link

Post by Fizz »

So, there appears to be a mistake on the Troll's main page.

On www.trolllord.com, you have the menu pulldown at the right, which opens up all the options to various parts of the site (such as Purchase, Products, Twitter, Blog, etc.). If you hit the Forums link at the left, it redirects to the Knights of the Crusade website, not these forums. The Knights of the Crusade link (at the right) still works fine.

So the only way i could get back to the forums was to do an internet search- there doesn't seem to be a way to get here through the website currently.

Anyways, not a big deal for me as i know it's here, but thought someone might want to fix that.

-Fizz

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Re: website link

Post by Go0gleplex »

It's not a mistake. The eventual plan is for these forums to be replaced by the KotC forums last I heard.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Go0gleplex wrote:It's not a mistake. The eventual plan is for these forums to be replaced by the KotC forums last I heard.
Thats what I heard too, but I think that was from you, Todd. Could have been Ken, though. I'll be seeing the Trolls next week. Not so sure they will be glad to see me once I start, um, giving my opinion about some things.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Treebore wrote:
Go0gleplex wrote:It's not a mistake. The eventual plan is for these forums to be replaced by the KotC forums last I heard.
Thats what I heard too, but I think that was from you, Todd. Could have been Ken, though. I'll be seeing the Trolls next week. Not so sure they will be glad to see me once I start, um, giving my opinion about some things.
Capt K pulled opened that particular can, I simply confirmed what I knew from my discussions with Tim and Steve. I know the link change was part of the overall process but I think they are still vacillating about what will happen with the boards here or what. Not heard much about it the last couple months.

Fizz
Lore Drake

Post by Fizz »

Ah, i hadn't heard about the move. Though it seems odd to update the link when the forums haven't been moved yet. A new C&C'er wanting to join the discussion may find that confusing.

-Fizz

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Fizz wrote:Ah, i hadn't heard about the move. Though it seems odd to update the link when the forums haven't been moved yet. A new C&C'er wanting to join the discussion may find that confusing.

-Fizz
Might? I'd say they definitely would. I rarely go to the Society pages myself, the games I run and play in are ran from here.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Anyone else think it's a bad idea to move the forums? Will we lose all the posts here?

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Kayolan wrote:Will we lose all the posts here?
There's been mention of locking these forums and leaving them as an archive. But nothing definitive said or chiseled into dragon scale.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Kayolan wrote:Anyone else think it's a bad idea to move the forums? Will we lose all the posts here?
I have a lot fo stuff saved on my PC's. Serl's Conversion, various sets of house rules, etc... The biggest material I need to save is stuff posted in my own game threads or written in the story forum.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Kayolan wrote:Anyone else think it's a bad idea to move the forums? Will we lose all the posts here?
It might be a bad idea, if they don't improve the look, feel and mechanics of that forum over there. Right now it's pretty useless and drab. I won't go there unless they bring it up to speed.
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

I agree, especially with the mechanics. I find the Knights forum annoying to use, so I don't bother with it and keep returning here.

Rhuvein wrote:
It might be a bad idea, if they don't improve the look, feel and mechanics of that forum over there. Right now it's pretty useless and drab. I won't go there unless they bring it up to speed.