In St Louis!

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Treebore
Mogrl

In St Louis!

Post by Treebore »

Closing on the home tomorrow morning at 10 AM EST!

Oh, for the few who may have heard indirectly, yes, we did have a accident outside of Amarillo, TX, and despite our car being totaled, along with our U-Haul trailer, thanks to seat belts and air bags, including the side airbags, all 4 of us got away with very minimal injuries. We were very well insured, by 3 different sources, so things on that front should not be an issue. Again, none of us needed to go to the hospital for treatment, and the woman who caused the accident was cited, plus we had witness', etc... So I don't foresee any real problems, plus our Primary insurance company, USAA, is dealing with the other insurance companies on our behalf, so even that aspect shouldn't be much of a headache. So for a roll over accident on a highway, we are getting through it all with minimal stress. The only real stress was being able to get here in time for the closing, because the bank we are buying from are being a douche (They wouldn't move the closing to Thursday, so we had to drive over 11 hours today to make it for tomorrow mornings closing.).
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Re: In St Louis!

Post by Rigon »

Glad everyone is safe and congratulations on the closing.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Rigon wrote:Glad everyone is safe and congratulations on the closing.

R-
+ 1 to that :!:
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Closing is finished, the house is ours!
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Congratulations! Glad to hear the rest of the trip went without issues. Hope eveyone is feeling better.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

That's great news, congrats on the new house!

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Awesome.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Penny-Whistle
Ulthal

Post by Penny-Whistle »

Grats. Glad everyone is ok.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Cool and congrats, Tree!

:P
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Jyrdan Fairblade
Unkbartig

Post by Jyrdan Fairblade »

Dang! As if buying a home wasn’t stressful enough. Glad everyone is reasonably okay, though.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Yep, we are doing fine, even the bruises are either healed or well on their way to healing. Just going to take about another 5 weeks for insurance to get all worked out.

Aside from that, the previous occupants left a TON of crap behind, so working on getting that all thrown out, except some things worth keeping, such as leather coats, jewelry, over 50 movie DVD's, etc... and 3 pairs of Air Jordan Nike's that we will try to sell. Plus I have to replace the kitchen sink, its leaking, plus two of the toilets (we have 4 in this house) have flush valves that leak by, so have to replace those. The worst news is that in order to properly address all the wall/limestone issues identified so far, its going to cost us 20 grand. So my days of owning this house free and clear will be short lived. :(