Rpg rider reviews Scientology

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Rpg rider reviews Scientology

Post by slimykuotoan »

For crying out loud, do what you can with the rolls the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: Rpg rider reviews Scientology

Post by Tadhg »

OMG!!!

I watched 4 or 5 minutes hoping that you were pulling our legs and/or toying with our senses, but I could not continue to listen.

I can only hope to God that at the end you said, "Fooled ya or some such"!

If anyone else could possibly stomach the entire video, please post whether or not slimy is sincere.

I need to know . .

:?
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Traveller »

I didn't watch the full thing, but fast-forwarded to the end of part 2. He's being serious.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Thanks Traveller.

Well I don't have much to say then except this, my opinion:

church of scientology – cult of weak minded fools who are brainwashed and subverted by its leaders

l ron hubbard – fraud, nut job & incredible liar (read any biography of this moron and prepared to be astounded)

dianetics – pseudoscience

battlefield earth – terribly written pulp “novel”.

I tried several times to read this when it came out and thought it was the worst piece of crap I'd ever seen in any genre. And that was before I knew what a complete nut and phony thath ubbard was.

:roll:

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

mmbutter
Red Cap

Post by mmbutter »

Some of his earlier stuff was pretty good, but it went downhill around the time of dianetics.

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

For crying out loud, do what you can with the rolls the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

Penny-Whistle
Ulthal

Post by Penny-Whistle »

Rhuvein wrote:Thanks Traveller.

Well I don't have much to say then except this, my opinion:

church of scientology – cult of weak minded fools who are brainwashed and subverted by its leaders

l ron hubbard – fraud, nut job & incredible liar (read any biography of this moron and prepared to be astounded)

dianetics – pseudoscience

battlefield earth – terribly written pulp “novel”.

I tried several times to read this when it came out and thought it was the worst piece of crap I'd ever seen in any genre. And that was before I knew what a complete nut and phony thath ubbard was.

:roll:
Ditto. I hope you will proceed with caution, slimykuotoan.

I would add to Rhuvein's list that their wealth is built on a pyramid scheme that ruins the finances of the people on the bottom. They stalk, torture and blackmail dissidents and even run a prison camp to punish their members. They have been denounced by the EFF for suppressing free speech and are notoriously litigious.

My favourite summary of their evil nature comes from the dad of one of their victims: "We thought Scientology was something like Dale Carnegie. I now believe it's a school for psychopaths."

Check out the 2015 award winning documentary Going Clear for more info on this criminal operation. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Going_Clear_%28film%29

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

The scientology malarky aside, I happened to enjoy reading Battlefield Earth. Yeah, it was a tad cliche in areas and droned on like a low flying plane on a summer day in spots, but it was enjoyable despite its flaws.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

I haven't yet read all of Battlefield, but I plan to pick it up again. Try out Invaders Plan if you ever get a chance; I looove that one.

P.S. I think I'm a little different than most people in that I WANT to be a space alien.

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Traveller »

While I completely agree that Scientology is a cult and is branded as such virtually everywhere except the US, I had no issues with L. Ron Hubbard's 1980s fiction output. I liked Battlefield Earth and thought Mission Earth was a decent read. Just remember that even though I like his fiction output, the man was very much out there. After all, how many people do you know of that can come up with a test that measures whether tomatoes feel pain and declare that tomatoes scream when sliced?

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

It's funny Traveller, I do often think about that screaming mass o' lettuce I consume in salads. It would not surprise me that plants have a response when sliced up.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Thanks for videos, slimy - helping to show what absulute idiots they are.

The first 2 videos were completely un-watchable, but I forced myself to view them both for several minutes and then fast forward to a view different points.

The interviewer in the first vid was only slightly better than Matt Lauer.

The following terms came to my mind whilst viewing:

goobledygook
babbling
nonsensical rambling
absurd

I refuse to watch any further videos.

I can only concluse that slimy is messing with us . . otherwise I feel sorry for him. :(

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

You're messing with my Engrams Rhuvein!!!

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Rhuvein is a preclear.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Interesting stuff slimy.

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

I know Kayolan!

But WHOA, how about all the SPs on this thread hey?!!!

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

John Travolta talks Scientology: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLBT1Qo4LRI

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Kayolan wrote:Interesting stuff slimy.
Really? How so?

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Rhuvein wrote:
Kayolan wrote:Interesting stuff slimy.
Really? How so?
It's different and I've always been fascinated by strange things.

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Rpg rider r.eviews Scientology

Post by slimykuotoan »

Yeah I'm in agreement with Kayolan, Rhuvein.

It's fun and interesting to explore other people's take on the world. And that's all it is: different people coming up with different interpretations of life.

Rpg Rider's point in the vid is not to embrace Scientology, but rather to examine the reasons why there is a funded PR campaign against it. I know Rpg Rider pretty well, and I know he likes to study people and cultures, without really embracing any of it. :)

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Unless he becomes a Clear!!!

Then watch out! ;)

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

The other cool thing is that L. Ron Hubbard presented many of his philosophies in the form of satire, which is neat. His attack on psychiatry for example was presented in the stories of Mission Earth and Doc Methuselah. The downside of this of course is that the media blitz happily used these stories to frame Scientology as a space cult. :P

When you actually read the stuff though, you realize the hype was much ado about very little.

It was pretty enlightening to real it, and I'm glad I did.

At the end of the day Scientology seemed more a movement which claimed among other things, that you don't need meds for good mental health, and as a result of being very, very vocal about this, they attracted the attention of some pretty powerful entities and got thoroughly, thoroughly smashed.

And this at times played out like an interesting and near comical soap opera:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRXZ0oant6Q

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

The lesson in all this perhaps?:

Don't mess with the big wigs.

Gringnr
Ulthal

Post by Gringnr »

slimykuotoan wrote:The downside of this of course is that the media blitz happily used these stories to frame Scientology as a space cult. :P

When you actually read the stuff though, you realize the hype was much ado about very little.
The thing is - it is exactly that: a space cult. If it seems to be something different to you, that is only because you have not yet spent enough money to recieve the "advanced" tech that comes as you advance further up the bridge.

Don't take my word for it, all of the Scientology course materials are online, and have been for quite some time. The story of Xenu, the volcano, space planes, etc. is all quite true, these things are an established part of Scientology that has been confirmed by numerous independent sources.

Let me ask you this: if the Xenu story isn't really a part of Scientology, why did the "church" sue to prevent the release of said material, claiming that their copyrights were being violated by its dissemination?

I was tempted not to respond, as I am mostly convinced that you are trolling. If you are, by all means carry on. If you are not, by all means please carry on, and continue to document your progress in great detail. It will be funny, and also serve a purpose: to warn others of the dangers of Scientology.

On the off chance that you are not merely trying to rustle some jimmies, may I ask you a few questions?

1. What progress have you made in Scientology so far?

2. How much have you spent, not only on course materials, but on Scientology in general?

3. What positive benefits have you reaped as the result of your study of Scientology so far?

4. What do you make of the fact that L. Ron Hubbard's doctor said that he had been taking Vistaril, a psychiatric drug?

Thanks in advance.
It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

The expense of a religion should be meaningless, unless the intent is to offend. After all, I know my Jesus needs a roller coaster and a gold-lined swimming pool. Or, maybe its that I forgot that my rabbi requires I purchase blessed candlesticks for Shabbat...

As far the course materials, if they are all available online, that cost is --.

If you want to bash religion, don't pick your favorite.

Gringnr
Ulthal

Post by Gringnr »

serleran wrote:The expense of a religion should be meaningless, unless the intent is to offend. After all, I know my Jesus needs a roller coaster and a gold-lined swimming pool. Or, maybe its that I forgot that my rabbi requires I purchase blessed candlesticks for Shabbat...

As far the course materials, if they are all available online, that cost is --.

If you want to bash religion, don't pick your favorite.
The materials are avilable online, yes. However, the only way to advance officially within the "church" is to purchase the audits and courses from the church itself. Scientologists are only supposed to get these materials from the CoS, and then only after a significant outlay of cash. "Free" Scientology, as it is called (the practice of Scientology separate from the CoS) does exist, in small, scattered groups. Slimy is talking about the "church" itself, which is why I am discussing it in particular. If you think I am arbitrarily picking on the Church of Scientology, go back and re-read the thread. You are either not understanding what has already been posted, or else you are being willfully obtuse.

If Slimy had started a thread (thereby inviting discussion) with other religious organization as its topic, we would perhaps be discussing that instead. But he didn't. You will find no shortage of opinions about Catholicism (did you see "Searchlight?") or Judaism in the world, as well as online. Most people shrug off criticism of their faith. Scientologists usually double down on the Amway routine.

Back to your original assertion that the cost of a religion should be meaningless, I disagree. Especially if the religion in question draws a direct correlation between the amount of money you spend and your "spuritual progress." Whatever criticisms can be leveled at other established religions, that is usually not one of them.

Gringnr
Ulthal

Post by Gringnr »

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Traveller »

@Gringnr: You are taking this discussion far too seriously. I'm sure if Slimy wants to chime in he will, but just looking at this thread you can tell that he's not being totally serious in his comments about Scientology. I'm pretty sure everyone on this thread is in agreement that Scientology is a cult: one that ruins lives and wallets.

Lighten up.